• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally NSX owner - 2002 GPW NSX

Long story short, after one great year of ownership on the S550, we decided to sell the car before the value takes another hit in the market. It’s been super solid and a fantastic car to drive, never really gave us any problems either.

Next question was what to get next. Since we already have a Lexus SUV, my wife said she wants something fun, so initial thought was BMW M5 or MB CLS63 / E63, since they are 4 door and more volatile. But typical price depreciations on Euro cars make those cars not as desirable.

Truth is our Lexus SUV is so solid so hopefully there won’t be really a time that we need a backup sedan for our kids, my wife said how about just get a fun coupe? (where do you find a wife like that, haha…)

After a very lucky 2 month search (usually people spend much longer to find theirs), we ended up with this. I still can’t believe I got another Acura. After our disappointing 2002 TL-S with slipping transmission, I said we would stay away from the brand. But I guess this is an exception. Here we go – 2002 NSX, Grand Prix White (GPW) with white interior!!!!!! :)

Sorry for the cell phone pics
rominl-albums-2002-grand-prix-white-nsx-picture26767-img-0003.jpg

rominl-albums-2002-grand-prix-white-nsx-picture26766-img-0001.jpg

rominl-albums-2002-grand-prix-white-nsx-picture26765-dsc01197.jpg

Big thanks to few people, pvmike, Coconut, GS3Tek (NSXTek), and ChrisK, all current or ex-NSX owners. And of course a few other gurus on NSXPrime as well.

I had no idea just how rare the NSX is, less than 9000 in the US from 1991 to 2005. And from what I gathered, there are only 9 in the US with my combo, white/white. That makes things quite interesting.

I still need to get used to the car more, but so far all I can say is “WOW”. Easily the fastest car I have had. I don’t care about the 290hp on paper. At around 2900lb, this car is noticeably faster than my 08 M3. It’s so light and balanced it’s a pure blast to drive. I loved my M3, but in terms of driving there is no comparison.

And for a 10 year old car, I think the NSX is extremely well built. Actually I drove another 1996 before and it’s also very solid, this says a lot about the design. Of course there is not much of luxury and technology to talk about, and it’s very loud by comparison, but the car is so different I love it in a unique way.

So far everything is stock except that I added iPod integration (CD changer is a thing in the past…) A lot of people have asked me what I would do to the car next. Well we will see :)

Driving it every day and I realized, over the years, I don’t really see a lot of NSX around at all, let alone the 2002-2005 NA2. I wonder when I am going to run into another NSX on the road

For those interested, this was how I went through the 400 miles trip...

rominl-albums-2002-grand-prix-white-nsx-picture26768-photo.jpg

Nice find, I must say that combo is stunning! You've got yourself a keeper there. How many miles? Be sure to buy a couple extra sets of floor mats.:wink:

You really taped the car for 500 miles? Where you worried?. Or? Beaut none the less. Drive it like it wwas meant to be driven. Worry about repainting the front bumper dowwn the road.

I would of laughed at you if I saw that drive up behind me all blue'd out and then gotten jealous that my car could never make a blue mask look that sexy.

loving the blue mask.

your car was getting so much attention on prime when it was up for sale.

congrats + enjoy.

gotta agree that the lexus suv's are pretty solid :)

Long story short, after one great year of ownership on the S550, we decided to sell the car before the value takes another hit in the market. It’s been super solid and a fantastic car to drive, never really gave us any problems either.

Next question was what to get next. Since we already have a Lexus SUV, my wife said she wants something fun, so initial thought was BMW M5 or MB CLS63 / E63, since they are 4 door and more volatile. But typical price depreciations on Euro cars make those cars not as desirable.

Truth is our Lexus SUV is so solid so hopefully there won’t be really a time that we need a backup sedan for our kids, my wife said how about just get a fun coupe? (where do you find a wife like that, haha…)

After a very lucky 2 month search (usually people spend much longer to find theirs), we ended up with this. I still can’t believe I got another Acura. After our disappointing 2002 TL-S with slipping transmission, I said we would stay away from the brand. But I guess this is an exception. Here we go – 2002 NSX, Grand Prix White (GPW) with white interior!!!!!! :)

I still need to get used to the car more, but so far all I can say is “WOW”. Easily the fastest car I have had. I don’t care about the 290hp on paper. At around 2900lb, this car is noticeably faster than my 08 M3. It’s so light and balanced it’s a pure blast to drive. I loved my M3, but in terms of driving there is no comparison.

Beautiful car.....

Is it really faster than your 08 M3 with an V8 over 400 hp? I think it is more on par with the e46 M3.

Last edited:
Very nice you have been an NSX Primer since 2004...

White 2002 + NSX = delicious! :smile:

"Rimmed up" ? Just NO. Leave it a stocker, except add some sill protectors (SOS) to preserve the white carpet and maybe look at a 2004-newer shift go-knob? Perhaps a CF rear window garnish? Ah, so many options...

Man that is nice, and very pleased this NSX was bought by a Primer. As above, everyone seemed to be infatuated by this one and watched it diligently.

Best!

thanks everyone. been lurking around for a long time, never easy to find the car you want at the right time. i know this car was watched by primers when it popped up, but i didn't want to say much until the deal and everything is final.

nis350, yes my m3 has over 400hp, but it's also 4100lb (mine was convertible). i would say if you do 80-130 pull, the m3 will shine coz' of the v8. but if you are talking about from a slow roll (or stop), the nsx is a winner. but at the same time i don't care much about straight line acceleration, if so i would have gotten amg and call it a day. in terms of overall driving and the package, the nsx is far better than m3

the car is just over 50k miles, and yes i drive it the way it should be. i care about cars but i don't keep any of them garage queen. i actually replaced the white mats with brand new black ones already, much easier.

i got the car in norcal bay area and had to drive back down to socal same day (in a rush). around socal i can care less about little rock chips and what not, but for 400 miles high speed with tons of bugs and road debris under bright hot sun, bad things can happen. pretty typical tactic to use masking tape as precaution. not to mention 5 mins after arrival and car was all clean again. a guy in corvette gave me a thumb up and i did the same, cool guy

so far everything is great but can't say i am a fan of the attention. i get the car for myself but people stare at my car and compliment about it so much i feel very awkward... just today outside the mall i got 3 ladies all over 60s gathering around my car saying how beautiful it is. in one way i was happy i guess

Last edited:
so far everything is great but can't say i am a fan of the attention. i get the car for myself but people stare at my car and compliment about it so much i feel very awkward... just today outside the mall i got 3 ladies all over 60s gathering around my car saying how beautiful it is. in one way i was happy i guess
Nice ride sir. I feel the same way you do, the attention get annoying at times. Sometimes I just want to take MY car out and enjoy it without the red light interviews. :rolleyes:

Congrats from an ex-02+ GPW owner (2004). white on white is def cool :smile:

btw, are you same rominl on clublexus? I think we've chatted before when i was modding up my wifes Lexus LS460L with the suspension (Data Systems module), wheels, etc.

Regardless, welcome to the club :biggrin:

oh man; White / White!!! :cool:
Love that combo! Congrats!!

1991-2005 = NA1 3.0L Auto
1991-1996 = NA1 3.0L Manual
1997-2005 = NA2 3.2L Manual
facelift = 2002-2005

Nice color a freaking Unicorn

Very very nice!!!! Congrats!

I was dreaming of this car when I saw the ad

Back