• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official ITB Reference Thread

Has anyone heard when SOS will be offering a Air filter box assembly to fit over their ITbs? And on the mean time is there anywhere that makes cheesecloth type "socks" to fit over the individual horns?

You mean, this airbox?

484431_10150970657058434_1542956541_n.jpg

376935_10150970655673434_659859323_n.jpg

your white car looks great...what air filtering option do you use with the sos kit?I know he was working on a filter to sandwich between the trumpets and the heads.

Thanks Doc,
I have been running my car w/o filter.
I have those carb foam filters but I don't use them because they rob power noticeably.

I know I'm going to hear about it for saying this but i just don't fell like the air box that integrals posted is pretty enough for the NSX. I'm not hating on the skill cause i probably couldn't make it but the NSX screams sex to me and that's kinda a turn off, IMHO. But on the other hand, if that's the design that loses the least amount of power than SO BE IT!

fabing up a air box shouldn't be that hard,
Maybe adding air feed's from the two side scoops is a idea to get cold air towards the ITB's

I like the idea of the bilateral side intake tubing into a box for those not keen on the hatch scoop aka snorkle.

I've always thought that would look best, but make it look more curvaceous like the carbon intakes on an F430, instead of so utilitarian.

I'll also add, that with the airbox I pictured above, the car lost NO power with or without the filter.

:)

It was well thought out!

One other thing to consider is the intake air temp. If the intake is pulling in the hot ambient air from the engine bay, it can be a potential loss of power. If you are not using a hatch snorkel, It would be a good idea to figure out a way to get cool air into the ITB airbox

One other thing to consider is the intake air temp. If the intake is pulling in the hot ambient air from the engine bay, it can be a potential loss of power. If you are not using a hatch snorkel, It would be a good idea to figure out a way to get cool air into the ITB airbox
via those bilateral ducts
then thermally insulate the feed lines and plenum, add two K&N filters. and your done attached the system directly to enlarge side ducts and you'd be good to go.

The intake temperatures have not been very extreme at all with just the side ducts plumbed in. With a 105 ambient temperature, I am seeing 125-130 degree intake temperatures coming off track. I am sure a snorkel would help but it isn't a TERRIBLE problem at this point. :)

As long as the car is moving, its bringing in fairly fresh air from the side scoops.

When I DD the car, it will get up to 140-150 sitting in traffic which is undesirable... but I am not full throttling anywhere in that kind of traffic.

I have some ideas for the future !

With a completely sealed underside of the car, I was seeing intake temps in the 160's with spirited driving before I build a box and isolated the intake air.

Here is an image of the set up I have (with the cover removed). There is a foam filter element in front of the screen leading into the box.

708s.jpg

Last edited:
With a completely sealed underside of the car, I was seeing intake temps in the 160's with spirited driving before I build a box and isolated the intake air.

Here is an image of the set up I have (with the cover removed). There is a foam filter element in front of the screen leading into the box.

708s.jpg
WOW: OK now you need to stop showing off:smile:

Jeff doesn't know how to make ricey stuff....let him show off as much as he can so we can learn from him what a properly executed mod looks like.
"ricey" I don't remember that word being mention on this thread by myself or any one, and the :smile: means it is a statement in good humor, and WOW (as impressed),now get off the crack pipe (as in quit starting shhhhhh**t).

"ricey" I don't remember that word being mention on this thread by myself or any one, and the :smile: means it is a statement in good humor, and WOW (as impressed),now get off the crack pipe (as in quit starting shhhhhh**t).

Imagine if all that was was a "faux" itb kit glued to the cam cover plate....:tongue:

Bump... Just bring this back... I posted in the other thread... Do u guys trailer your cars to the track? How's the reliability in long distance driving?

708s.jpg
Your build quality looks amazing Jeff. Is there plans to make this for anyone(like me) if interested. I like the idea of dual runners so that both side vents can be used.
Or do you feel that the top mounted snorkle kit like the nsxr gt kit is the best for getting the maximum air flow in. The reason I ask is usually the lower the air the denser and cooler it is.
All imputs are welcome as I would prefer the best designed airbox when I add ITB's to my car.

Unfortunately all of Ravi's pictures are not showing up...however, I'd be interested in seeing a dual inlet box as well if there is someone that has gone to the trouble of making it.

I guess one big question on a dual inlet would be "Does the engine actually use enough air for two inlets to be necessary / beneficial? " An adverse argument would be that the air coming across the tops of the horns would be more even if it were coming from both sides.

Also, now that this thread has been revived, are there any additional ITB owners that would be willing to share their information in here?

Last edited:
Unfortunately all of Ravi's pictures are not showing up...however, I'd be interested in seeing a dual inlet box as well if there is someone that has gone to the trouble of making it.

I guess one big question on a dual inlet would be "Does the engine actually use enough air for two inlets to be necessary / beneficial? " An adverse argument would be that the air coming across the tops of the horns would be more even if it were coming from both sides.

Also, now that this thread has been revived, are there any additional ITB owners that would be willing to share their information in here?

I also would like to see a dual inlet box.

Back