• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chris Harris and the NSX

Short but informative, it is true that its competitor, the Ferrari 348 was crap compared to the NSX and yet the purchase price of the 348 is greater than the NSX (here in Europe, USA??), unfortunately, the value of a car is not related to its quality is its rarity and historical reputation of the mark which is the price, Ferrari closest to the NSX in performance is the 355 and the also the price is $ 15 to 20 K higher than the NSX, just thanks to the prancing horse emblem

The same used car dealership where I found my "rescue" 1991 NSX also had a Ferrari 348 Challenge car on the lot about six months prior to me spotting the NSX.

The Ferrari certainly looked the part, still having the racing numbers and sponsorship decals on it...and it was touted as being street legal. It was just a bit over the top for me, and I could see the car getting tickets while parked with a full meter.

There is not a day that passes where I don't thank my lucky stars that I found the NSX. I spoke with a 348 owner that I happened across in a parking lot and although his car was beautiful, some of the maintenance horror stories that he shared with me had me shaking my head. Make no mistake, I have spent quite a bit of money getting my "rescue" NSX back in tip-top shape (apparently the prior owner, who was not the original owner, didn't maintain the car well), but I have enjoyed every minute of it!

As is often the case, the comments to the article are wonderful also. My favorite so far:

Talking to a marshall at a track day at Pembrey Circuit in South Wales years ago and he was telling me about how Tiff Needell wiped one out there while shooting for Top Gear. If it's too much of a handful for Tiff, how are us mere mortals supposed to cope

My vote of course is that Tiff is a Tosser.

Everybody LOVES the NSX for what it is, and HATES for what is not, a Ferrari

I read the comments, many do not understand the value of an NSX, the car was built entirely by hand, the same engine, the construction time was 10 times higher than a car built by robots on a string automatic editing, the cost of labor was multiplied by 10 Moreover, the car was built entirely of aluminum materials much more expensive than the steel plate, it is also very important the cost of research and development lasted several years with the construction of many prototypes ... tested and evaluated by Ayrton Senna .... here's what makes the price of our babies, it is the passion for a job well done Honda, close to perfection, but we do not talk about in the comments: Frown:

Back