• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Intake manifold information

Trust me, I am just as anxious as you are and thensome to see this manifold come to fruition. There are some final designs that need to be implemented before It gets final assembly and welded. Plus head flanges have been re-drawn and the runners have be redesigned as well for better fitment to the port shape and flow. Maybe another week-ish. I have also implemented some space for the EGR to remain for those who want to keep it. It will run a custom EGR tube that will be provided upon request when placing the order. Otherwise it can be blocked off. I am going to do a production run in house for about 20 tubes to start off. More to come :)

I was unaware that you could run sans EGR. I get it if you plan on using an aftermarket EMS, but I thought OEM required one to function.

I gutted my VVIS plate and removed and capped off the egr. Since my manifold was nice and clean now and I'm going FI, I didn't want the egr to dirty up my manifold again. Removing the egr prevents the system from dumping octane-lowering deposits into your intake, it will also throw a CEL under part throttle conditions.

I wouldn't remove the egr unless you have a programmable ecu that won't throw the cel.

so, with the oem ECU you have a cel, right?? i thought you had found a way to have no cel with the oem ECU after removing the EGR.

Great read! I deleted my VVIS so now I'm missing a bit of torque... How's the manifold development coming? :)

Great read! I deleted my VVIS so now I'm missing a bit of torque... How's the manifold development coming? :)
I wasn't aware of the manifold you are probably referring to but its been canned. I might start a feeler thread to see what the demand of a 3D printed nylon intake manifold would be that's made for better flow both NA and FI as well as allowing for a bigger throttle body to see if the interest warrants development.

yeah that was probably my fault, bringing back part of an old post. However I think there is plenty of interest from N/A guys about what can be done with the inlet and TB rather than going ITB's. There are some working on that now but nothing solid in results yet that has been disclosed to anyone, obviously to get the most power out of our engines FI is the way to go but not all of us want that so maximising what we do have is an option that people will buy into if it is available.

All I have left to do is finish up the fuel rail mounts and away we go :). The manifolds that will be sold will have another alteration to them that will enhance flow a little better but this is the one I am going to run and test first.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399610202.280626.jpg

Are you going to add a larger TB to test after just the manifold?

Last edited:
Awesome. Some same car / same dyno / same day pulls would be great. And if possible, please measure the engine speed from the tachometer pickup loop in the engine compartment or directly from the EMS.

It will be my car, and my Dyno :) and tachometer signal gets pulled directly from the ignition coil.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 112439

Are you going to add a larger TB to test after just the manifold?

The larger TB is part of the manifold. I wanted people to be able to have options for the throttle body, so it was designed for the B,D,H series bolt pattern. This test will be conducted with a 74MM Blox. Running it this way allowed me to tuck the throttle cable under the plenum so it isn't seen. For the DBW guys, there will be an adapter flange to allow the TB to bolt up.

Back