• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Preludeking's 1995 NSX-R styled conversion -www.teknotik.com CANADA

Thanks for all the feedback and compliments! Still a long way to go to perfect things... but all in time.

how come in one of the pictures there are 2 2002+ front bumpers? is one of them a duraflex one that has the lip molded on??

It's the same bumper in both pics, one just has the OEM front lip and one with the Jacksports lip painted white.

Here is the power sliders in action.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jNzdQkOWwW4?list=UUziX9E2wWfMpzXQTwHGUu1g&hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Will you build me a set of dc5 recaros with power sliders? Estimated cost?

I could certainly do it again for you at our shop, but you would have to provide core sliders or use your stock seats as doners.

How was the fab work on the power sliders onto the aftermarket seats ? You gave me a great idea... I want to do the same on my bride seats.

The hard parts about doing the OEM slider setup is that you have to sacrifice the stock seats. When i mean sacrifice, I mean murder. There is no going back. The upper back angle adjustment part is all built in and that has to be full disassembled and grind off all the rivets to remove that portion from the slider itself. The other issue is that the seats that I'm using are not the same width as the slider. I don't have a pic but under the seat and above the bracket is a custom plate that allows the two to be bolted together. Keep in mind that the NSX seat sliders are also aluminum so you cant really easily weld to them (and you will melt the plastic track it sildes in) which complicates mounting.

img1784wu.jpg

img1826no.jpg

img1830kf.jpg

I test fitted a Bride Gias, and with that being narrower it fits in between the sliders not on top so you would need NSX-R ish side brackets. With a narrower seat that installs between the slider also will get you about 2 inches lower seat height.

I'm planning on switching to the Recaro Pole Positions (nsx-r ish) when the red come off backorder and using them on the power sliders so I'll likely make a few extra sets of the brackets to do that at the time so that others can do the same setup.

To me the power slider is not just a nice fancy toy, but also nice if you are short (and porky) like me and need to have the seat quite forward usually for entry and exit from a bucket seat.

What's the DSLR that you were using?

I'm not sure as I cant take credit for the high res pics. They were all done by Amer Nabulsi ( Look into his work if you are getting married! )

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amer-Nabulsi-Photography/131670156889941?ref=ts&fref=ts

Last edited:
Last edited:
Beautiful project! Love seeing this being done in Canada :). Gotta check it out one of these days. We know a lot of the same guys so I'm sure our paths will cross ;)

Man oh Man you did it Eric 100% my taste of babe, I was wondering when we would see that project completed, patient and time is the key, congrats

this looks great....

How hard was it to fab up the seats , only thing I would do different is oem front bumper with the oem mesh inserts

Nicely done. So did you get a F350 to tow your nsx on a trailer? Just like what you said on Honda Tuning! ;-)

hahaha good eye on the Honda Tuning magazine quote!
( http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/htup_1101_1996_acura_integra_type_r/viewall.html )

Since that article came out I have got part of the way there...but I have not hit the dream setup yet. Got the trailer covered but not the F350. I only have a F250 :frown:.

Call me a hick, but i love trucks so much and i have a really really odd trailer obsession...

So now the real question....new truck or new seats (drools on your FS ad for NSX-R seats)?

img3233in.jpg

543585_339773742763644_1402589950_n.jpg

img2260rv.jpg

DSC01401.jpg

img1394c.jpg

Also used at our track days

DSC01710.jpg

Last edited:
I love the fact that we saw start to finish on one click, love the transformation

Back