• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Preludeking's 1995 NSX-R styled conversion -www.teknotik.com CANADA

Like most people, a NSX is not exactly a car many people just stumble upon but more lust and dream over for many years before an actual purchase. The same holds true for me and my eventual path to NSX ownership. Its only a select group of people who will pay the price to own a 15-20 year old car when that same amount of money can get you "more" by today's standards.

To know how I got there to my eventual purchase, here is some background.

I'm a Honda die hard. My list of Honda's encompasses almost every Honda model. I grew up surrounded by cows, tractors and trucks. The true story of how I got into Honda’s I’ll never really be able to explain. By Nature I should have been driving a Mustang or F150 but instead I fell in love with Prelude’s (88-91) and their pop up headlights, bought my first Honda Prelude and never looked back.

The Integra Type R is my true love, but I have had a crush on owning an NSX since the beginning. Several times I came close to owing one and debated the purchase, but finally took the jump in 2011.

The car I ended up with and I have a history. Four years ago I almost purchased it on a trade deal + cash for an S2000 I had at the time. The S2000 sold fairly quickly and I moved on. In 2011 while browsing the net I stumbled across the same car for sale. Same owner, approx same mileage, same condition. After getting tired of dealing with flakers on the internet by the time I called the car was sitting waiting to go on the auction block. Almost committing to the car blind, the owner pulled the listing and I immediately made the trip to go inspect the car right in the auction yard.

Nothing much has changed. The car was a near stock Red NSX Targa on brown interior. While being clean title, the car was far from perfect. The front and rear bumper had some light scuffs, the interior was in old weathered shape, and much of the trim has cracking and fading. The odd chip and scratch here and there on the body didn't help the car look any better.

dsc02112large.jpg

We struck a deal, and I finally became and NSX owner.

I spent the rest of the year just driving the car, enjoying it, not worrying about stone chips or bug splatter. I put quite a bit of milage on it going on full day drives and putting the car through its paces. Knowing the car was going to get a make over and enjoying it that much i drove it right up untill the last minute I could of the season.

dsc02108bq.jpg

dsc02110wf.jpg

dsc02115i.jpg

dsc02124u.jpg

I had these Volk TE37 for a while..just waiting for a car to put them on.

dsc02203cq.jpg

dsc03067f.jpg

dsc02844large.jpg

And so with the car going away into storage it was going to be a few months until I'd pull it out and start getting ready for the transformation.

I towed it back to my shop and started the tear down for paint and interior.

dsc03787b.jpg

dsc03793ka.jpg

Off with the front end...

dsc03743l.jpg

Out with the interior...

dsc03866nx.jpg

dsc03768ax.jpg

dsc03888u.jpg

Out with the old...

dsc03820ym.jpg

Off to the body shop

dsc03897v.jpg

At the body shop they continued with dismantling the car

img1445ftk.jpg

img1441io.jpg

img1440dh.jpg

The new parts from Honda start to roll in...

img1533g.jpg

img1537lc.jpg

The notorious trunk and hatch struts..

img1599hz.jpg

All the headlight clips and seals for NA2 lights...

img1597ls.jpg

New NA2 Tail lights, center section, gaskets, and trim

img1538t.jpg

img1600mu.jpg

OEM Acura rear lip, foams, bumper braces, front lip and my lights.

img1595z.jpg

The very difficult challenge of sourcing out a full black interior from Ebay, Prime and OEM...

img1169i.jpg

img1602j.jpg

New fender liners... one missing on backorder

img1604hx.jpg

Had the NA2 Wheels sent out to powdercoat

img2146n.jpg

The paintwork on the body itself starts. I chose Championship White in NSXR style...

img1562uf.jpg

img1560z.jpg

Panel by panel the car starts to come together

img1755h.jpg

Test fitting and preparation of all the panels.

img2150td.jpg

I was going to use the Stacy sides first...but then changed my mind.

img2151o.jpg

We are a Canadian Downforce Distributor and got a shipment of Downforce parts in. A set of the OEM Sides were for my own car.

Call us for yoru NSX Downforce parts in Canada!

img2162h.jpg

img2169j.jpg

Painting on the lips starts

img2209kc.jpg

img2211ll.jpg

Reassembly begins of all the body panels

img2230ew.jpg

New Trims, door handels being installed

img2231oy.jpg

Last edited:
I like the black roof. NSX-R look (classic)

The project looks great. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Preparation, fixing, and touch us on the jacksports front bumper

(For future I'd recommend using OEM or Downforce)

img2232ci.jpg

New Tail lights being installed, not sure what exhaust to go with? Suggestions?

img2284m.jpg

Car is almost done... Needs door inserts installed and I sold my factory hinge on my OEM hood...and new from honda went on backorder!

img2295s.jpg

I ended up switching front lips and going with OEM

Next problem:

Without thinking I purchased a set of Headlights that had already been opened and painted. What i failed to put consider is that the majority of people that have done this have a OEM Grand Prix White NSX's. With painting mine Championship white you can see how different those two whites are. With the lights already installed, I had a 3M light smoke film applied until I take them out and have them redone in the matching white to the car.

img2838p.jpg

img2836u.jpg

Last edited:
Now that the car was back at my shop I went back to work in began installing the black interior that I had sourced.

img2323tj.jpg

img2321ro.jpg

DC5 RSX-R Reacro Seats for a custom project

img3072i.jpg

OEM Seats....well whats left of them.

img2330qi.jpg

Fabbing Up the NSX Power Sliders on the Recaro seats

img1828fb.jpg

img3069f.jpg

Powers sliders retained!

img3074qc.jpg

New Axle after finding a tear in the boot

img2875is.jpg

New Stoptech Rotor installed with Hawk Pads

img3496re.jpg

img2958tp.jpg

Car is almost ready to drive.... minus a few touch ups

img2982xx.jpg

NSX-R Shift Boot comes in

img3234bz.jpg

Along with long awaited Horn

img3377i.jpg

Test Fitting a TE37...

img2853p.jpg

Finally completed

Long awaited first real drive of the year (1200km)

img3320km.jpg

img3313a.jpg

Proudly Canadian Shop!

img3325j.jpg

Proudly Canadian Honda owner!

img3323i.jpg

A few customers getting setup for a show

img3411aa.jpg

Getting our Booth Set Up

808524437017bde59f0bo.jpg

dsc6385t.jpg

DSC_6383.jpg

img3487d.jpg

Before the snow comes...

Off to Toronto Motorsports Park for some lapping

img3499m.jpg

The Hawk HP+ Brake pads and these white wheels make a bad mix

img3498b.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say this was a very well done post,from start to finish..... no waiting:smile: Just the right amount of pics and text...ect ...nice job.

That was a very enjoyable write up, thank you for doing that. I, as well as many of us on prime share the same passion for these superb cars from Honda....Beautiful work paying homage to a legend...

Oh and nice job on the OEM seat sliders! :)

Bad ass car!

Our NSXs are gonna be twins come next season, unless you do some drastic changes that is.

"The new parts from Honda start to roll in..."

I started drooling right about here. lol :biggrin:

You can never go wrong with OEM!

As I was scrolling down, I was hoping I wont have to wait to see the end results. Good thing I didnt have to, thanks for sharing!

I have to say this was a very well done post,from start to finish..... no waiting:smile: Just the right amount of pics and text...ect ...nice job.

Thanks! Hopefully this build can help inspire some others to take the plunge like so many other build threads on here inspired me. I've prob clicked on Frank Spano's build thread 200 times and serialNSXer's 500.

That was a very enjoyable write up, thank you for doing that. I, as well as many of us on prime share the same passion for these superb cars from Honda....Beautiful work paying homage to a legend...

Oh and nice job on the OEM seat sliders! :)

I'm going to get a video up of them in action next time its nice out and i drive it. It works well, but I'm short so the seat does sit on the high side and it works for me but might not if you are taller.

Bad ass car!

Our NSXs are gonna be twins come next season, unless you do some drastic changes that is.

Can't wait! I'm excited to watch your progress!

Great looking transformation. I'll def be inquiring for some downforce parts in the future. Im in NB.

great thread eric!

congrats on the awesome work on the car thus far; love that you kept the oem sliders intact!

how come in one of hte pictures there are 2 2002+ front bumpers? is one of them a duraflex one that has the lip molded on??

i think a pride v1/v2 with dual dtm style tips would be good value/look badass but thats imho.

Last edited:
Will you build me a set of dc5 recaros with power sliders? Estimated cost?

Back