• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Galaxy S3 Owners: A simple setting change that will speed up your phone.

EAC

Legendary Member
Galaxy S3 owners who want a faster phone. Go into:1. Settings-> developer options-> and Window animation scale and Transition Animation scale -> change both of those to 0.5x (or 0 for both, for instant reactions). The phone now runs like the beast it was born to be.

I personally used 0. Free HP! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Awesome tip!! I'm getting a note II in the next week or so, and will try the same. My try on my samsung tablet too!

I just did it. Does it matter if your phone is rooted or not?

What are the downfalls of doing this? why not do this from the factory.

Thanks!

no harm done. all it does is let u choose whether u want ur phone animations working @ normal or fast, or none. no animations, less juice from battery, quicker.
I prefer to run my s3 on the newest leak. better, faster, smoother. www.scottsrom.com
3hrs of screen time, on full charge. I can.get 1d 7hrs out of it. with still 23% left on battery.

Did this on my S2, thanks!

I just did it. Does it matter if your phone is rooted or not?

What are the downfalls of doing this? why not do this from the factory.

Thanks!

No it does not matter (although if you are rooted, there are other mods you can do to the animations).

There are no downfalls besides losing some of the animations. The faster you set it, the faster actions are, but you lose some of the animation effect. You can go so far as to turn it off effectively wherein windows just pop up without any animation at all.

I was a heavy Android user for many years and always flashed the latest and greatest ROM, etc. I recently went back to the iphone 5, and I can tell you that if you guys are looking for speed, NOTHING compares to the iphone 5 at the moment. Fiddling with all those little things like framework mods and animations, supercharger scripts, etc. all just seems silly to me now. What a pain...

No it does not matter (although if you are rooted, there are other mods you can do to the animations).

There are no downfalls besides losing some of the animations. The faster you set it, the faster actions are, but you lose some of the animation effect. You can go so far as to turn it off effectively wherein windows just pop up without any animation at all.

I was a heavy Android user for many years and always flashed the latest and greatest ROM, etc. I recently went back to the iphone 5, and I can tell you that if you guys are looking for speed, NOTHING compares to the iphone 5 at the moment. Fiddling with all those little things like framework mods and animations, supercharger scripts, etc. all just seems silly to me now. What a pain...

How is it a pain? :rollseyes: .... if you dont want to do it you're not forced to. The gnote 2 will smoke the iphone 5 and apple dropped the ball big time. The features on the iphone 5 have been available for YEARS on other samsung / HTC / LG phones.... huge disappointment. iphones are for hipsters and are way over hyped and are locked down wayyyyyy too much (Ios is the most closed system for developers even if jailbroken)...

Jack sparrow, its not that the phones aren't optimized out of the box, its that you can tweak the "eye candy" to your liking - you can not do this on the iphone - when u open an app it zooms in and out... im not aware of any tweaks that allow u to do this but i may be wrong... still apple is on its way out.... jobs is gone and apple is done. they cant even get their product names right! :) anyway im off my soap box now. haha

no harm done. all it does is let u choose whether u want ur phone animations working @ normal or fast, or none. no animations, less juice from battery, quicker.
I prefer to run my s3 on the newest leak. better, faster, smoother. www.scottsrom.com
3hrs of screen time, on full charge. I can.get 1d 7hrs out of it. with still 23% left on battery.

Can you elaborate a bit about doing this? I went to the site, it wasn't very straightforward lol...Anything for my Galaxy S2 there/is this the same as rooting?

Thanks.

I personally like the animations. I don't need to speed it up to save a half second in a transition.

Back