• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust Question

Hi Guys/gals, Well after a little more of than a year of ownership the time has come for me to upgrade my exhaust. I have an 04' red/tan which is pretty much bone stock. I have done some research on the subject and am leaning toward an angus apx and resonated test pipes. So, is anyone else in the area running this setup, (would like to hear some thoughts on it), and are test pipes a no no in NJ? Looking foward to hearing from you. Thanks,drew

Hi Guys/gals, Well after a little more of than a year of ownership the time has come for me to upgrade my exhaust. I have an 04' red/tan which is pretty much bone stock. I have done some research on the subject and am leaning toward an angus apx and resonated test pipes. So, is anyone else in the area running this setup, (would like to hear some thoughts on it), and are test pipes a no no in NJ? Looking foward to hearing from you. Thanks,drew

Can't answer anything but test pipes are I believe not legal in Jersey for on road use. I ran them anyways but I think by that time my car was registered in PA.

You could always just switch them out before inspection. It's only once every 2 years. Or just not get your car inspected like me. I think my sticker expired in 08?

Agreed about inspection, and also ODBII will not like the cat removal, and will throw a CEL that your cat has failed. There are ways to deal with that, but as Steve states, you may need to swap the cats in for inspection, if they do a visual to check.

Also keep in mind this will have a significant effect on the noise level of your exhaust, not that that's a bad thing;). Just depends on what you want.

Also with the 2004 model your rear valance(stock version) does limit your choices of tailpipe design to a single pipe configuration. So if you wanted a dual tip exhaust the rear valance would need to be changed along with the exhaust.

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
I'm not sure how loud the angus system is,and also unsure if his system allows for O2 sensor placement...best to check with him.

Removal of the Cats can be smelly as well. I did it for a short time on my S2000 and wow it was bad. I went with a highflow Cat and got rid of the STINK and it also took out the harsh, raspy tone.

Hey Joe why not just put fabreeze in the gas tank:tongue:

Back