• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My J swapped NSX...sorry for the wait. love or hate

Haha. I've been waiting for you to stop by. The busa is going to be done this week. So I will be able to jump back on tge project 100 percent. My newest goal was to be driving it by my birthday 6/9 but I will be happy with driving it by the end of june.

I will try to grab a few graphs tonight. People have not been modding tge j series as heavily as there was no tuning solution. Iirc there was a srock engine j making around 500 whp and high 400 tq on a 6262. There is also a stock motor stock trans j making a little over 700whp.

i'm guessing you mean this one:http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3063408

717whp@6950rpm
581wtq@6170rpm

Stock J32A2 (w/ ported/polished/flipped IM and 75mm TB)
Stock TL-S 6spd LSD trans
Stock axles
Cam2 110 octane leaded fuel
Boost: 20psi
Borg Warner S366 w/ 4" downpipe

I WANT A J SERIES!

Last edited:
From a guy with a NASA TT 04 TL I'm very impressed at the build! Keep it up! Wanted to throw out something to you, big thing in the J community now is newer OEM intake manifolds and throttle bodies. I have the J32A3 in my 04 but the IM/TB from the 09+ TL SH-AWD bolts right up and massively bigger than the little J32 setup. 81mm TB opening vs like 67mm on the J32, IM is magnesium vs aluminum (half the weight), etc etc. You can find the parts pretty cheap on car-part, just make sure you get the right one's as other newer J's aren't as big/light. Would be a nice little addition to this awesome build.

From a guy with a NASA TT 04 TL I'm very impressed at the build! Keep it up! Wanted to throw out something to you, big thing in the J community now is newer OEM intake manifolds and throttle bodies. I have the J32A3 in my 04 but the IM/TB from the 09+ TL SH-AWD bolts right up and massively bigger than the little J32 setup. 81mm TB opening vs like 67mm on the J32, IM is magnesium vs aluminum (half the weight), etc etc. You can find the parts pretty cheap on car-part, just make sure you get the right one's as other newer J's aren't as big/light. Would be a nice little addition to this awesome build.

Thank you for the suggestion. They are on my build list and have prOven to make great gains for the minimal cost.

But I suppose you can't bolt up the intake and exhaust VTEC cylinder head from that engine to the J32A3 ?

As far as I know you can bolt them up, but the j35 a8 heads are supposed to be the best stock heads.

Haha. I've been waiting for you to stop by. The busa is going to be done this week. So I will be able to jump back on tge project 100 percent. My newest goal was to be driving it by my birthday 6/9 but I will be happy with driving it by the end of june.

Let me know when you're free. I'll bring mine.

Quick update today. I got the na2 6speed and j series block bolted into the shell. The drivers side trans mount is factory, and fully bolted as original. The rear mount is factory and fully bolted as original. The front mount is factory. It bolts to 2 of the factory places on the transmission, the thrid bolt hole misses the engine block. I am going to build a bracket to tie the two together. The passanger mount is the biggest obstacle. I am going to try and build a bracket system to attach the factory mount of the nsx to the factory tl mount. Should be pretty easy. Here are some pics.

Nice job! Keep up the good work. For that passenger side mount you might be able to make an L-shaped adapter bracket that will allow two bolts to go through and bolt to the TL (j-series) engine side then make a 90 degree turn and allow two bolts to go through the stock NSX passenger side mount and bolt into the adapter bracket. Front and rear mounts take the bulk of the abuse on the NSX.

- - - Updated - - -

For your front and rear mounts, you might want to pick up a tube of windshield adhesive and fill those voids and stiffen those mounts. Just tape up one side of the mount, lay down the mount and fill the voids with the windshield adhesive and let them dry for a day or two. The front and rear stock mounts tend to rip apart.

Wow!
I am really impressed by your tenacity and look forward to your progress updates.
Keep it up.

Nice job! Keep up the good work. For that passenger side mount you might be able to make an L-shaped adapter bracket that will allow two bolts to go through and bolt to the TL (j-series) engine side then make a 90 degree turn and allow two bolts to go through the stock NSX passenger side mount and bolt into the adapter bracket. Front and rear mounts take the bulk of the abuse on the NSX.

- - - Updated - - -

For your front and rear mounts, you might want to pick up a tube of windshield adhesive and fill those voids and stiffen those mounts. Just tape up one side of the mount, lay down the mount and fill the voids with the windshield adhesive and let them dry for a day or two. The front and rear stock mounts tend to rip apart.

I may try to use angle iron if i can keep the bottom and top angles visually appealing. I was also thinking about building a t bracket out of 3/8 plate, and welding it together.

I bought the mounts used, and a couple of them already had some filler stuff in them. I wasnt sure what it was. When i pull it out again to build the front connector bracket I will fill the rest of the mounts.

I had the motor pulled out, transmission swapped and put back in in under an hour. Granted I didnt have any driveshafts in, exhaust or electrical. Its not difficult to pull from the top.

Once the new mounts are complete I will take the motor and trans out again to work on the intermediate shaft and flywheelwheel/clutch setup. Once thats complete I will put the engine back in the car and plumb everything up and build the harness.

This may help in finding a flywheel/clutch setup. I found a web site listing for the flywheel ring gear for the 2002 NSX M/T and the part lists the same for the following vehicles 98 CL, 03 CL type-S, 06 RL, 04 RSX, 09 TL and 09 TL AWD.

This may help in finding a flywheel/clutch setup. I found a web site listing for the flywheel ring gear for the 2002 NSX M/T and the part lists the same for the following vehicles 98 CL, 03 CL type-S, 06 RL, 04 RSX, 09 TL and 09 TL AWD.

I don't remember seeing a 2006 RL with a manual transmission.

That toothed gear is part of the outer edge of the flywheel, so I am puzzled at why there is a part number specifically for that gear? It does not exist as a separate part. It is a part of the flywheel.

That toothed gear is part of the outer edge of the flywheel, so I am puzzled at why there is a part number specifically for that gear? It does not exist as a separate part. It is a part of the flywheel.

That does seem strange, maybe it's something to do with the NA2 flywheel being dual mass?

They make it as a separate part for aftermarket aluminum flywheels.

^^^^ thanks. Slow progress but progress non the less.

I put in a solid days work today. I've nearly got two sets of the adapters finished. Still need to weld then out and clean them up a bit then I will be able to pull the trans back out to rebuild it.

Shift linkage problem...check
Drive shaft problem..... check
Motor mounts..... check

Still on the to do list
Rebuild trans (is there a write up , or do I need to do a writeup with pics?) I figure I need to contribute something to the community.
Make bracket to use factory ac compressor, or modify lines to fit tl ac compressor.
Wire it up and start it.

I figure I need to contribute something to the community.

You already have with this project, really excited to see how it turns out. Keep up the good work, I am sure everyone is watching this as much as I am.

Back