• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blue Zanardi Floor Mats

So in continuance of my blue/black theme, I had my Zanardi Floor mats redone with blue in place of the red. Not that there's anything wrong with the red, but I'm going for a blue black theme, so they didn't match my quick release steering hub and the blue LED's I will be swapping the dash/gauge lights with. Anyways, they came out very nice! Long term goal is to redo all leather with black outside, blue in middle of seats and blue stitching. Anyways, here's some crappy quality pics... better ones later...

View attachment 95882View attachment 95878View attachment 95879View attachment 95880View attachment 95881

That Looks great! I would like to change my red to yellow someday. Who did you find to do the work?

I actually had them done locally at a place that specializes in car upholstery. They bound the outside with a nylon and the I provided a graphic for th lettering which I'm happy to send to you if you want

^ I would love to do something like this as the red Zanardi mats do not go well with a blue car. Did you use a pair of used oem mats to start with?

^ I would love to do something like this as the red Zanardi mats do not go well with a blue car. Did you use a pair of used oem mats to start with?

Nope, mine were the red Zanardi ones, I just had the outside rebound, then they shaved the "NSX" down to the grey background, then put in a new area with the "NSX" in the blue. I had to supply them with a graphic for the lettering, so I could actually have used a different font, or words for that matter, but I chose to recreate the lettering exactly as the original Zanardi ones had.

I really am enjoying the color, especially since my steering hub release is blue, and my steering wheel is a personal that's black leather with blue stitching. Combine it with my Project MU brakes up front and blue powdercoated rears, it's all coming along nicely :)

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone wants me to send them the graphic, just PM me. Let me know what color you want and I can send it for the lettering.

Since I am in the business of custom floor mats, let me offer a few clarifying pointers - not sure how much the OP paid for this service so it would be one cosnideration compared to customized mats. Rethreading the border is not an issue; to do a new logo (color), I would presume the pile was shaved down to the rubber backing (vs embroidered over some base pile) and then stitched through the rubber backing. Right? Otherwise they would have had to split the mat surface from the backing and re-glued it which does not seem to be the case.

Since I am in the business of custom floor mats, let me offer a few clarifying pointers - not sure how much the OP paid for this service so it would be one cosnideration compared to customized mats. Rethreading the border is not an issue; to do a new logo (color), I would presume the pile was shaved down to the rubber backing (vs embroidered over some base pile) and then stitched through the rubber backing. Right? Otherwise they would have had to split the mat surface from the backing and re-glued it which does not seem to be the case.

Yes, they shaved the pile down, and placed a new area of pile in where the old one was. It actually had an added bonus, as that was the most worn down part of the mats, along with the border, so they both look totally new now.
I paid $140 for the job here in Hawaii. I just put the cover on my car for the night, but I'll check the back closer tomorrow to see if they threaded through the rubber or not.

Ok, so I looked, and they cut out the original rubber, removed the original pile, and put a new piece down with the new "NSX" on top. I took a picture of the back of the rubber. THe cut was small enough I didn't notice until I looked closer. Here's the pic....

View attachment 96090

Back