• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New search page

Am I not seeing something? Seems like the old search window was much more advanced. The options now are so limited.

I used to follow my own posts the following way for years:

1) go to the advanced search page
2) search for posts by turbo2go
3) look for results that were in bold

That meant since I wrote a post on any thread, bold indicated someone had replied to it since.

Seems that now when I search username, it actually looks for the name used in a post/thread. Just as it would search for any other word.

It's not the same.

How can I search for posts by a specific user and get sorted results in the search page? I know I can go go a place they've posted and hit "more posts by this user" but that is a bunch of extra steps' first I have to find a post by the person, then it won't give me the bold versus non bold so I can see if I have already visited that thread since a new post or not.

Can someone clear this up for me?

I almost made the same post as I was having the same problems. When you go to the "advanced search" page, click on the tab right above the search boxes but below the chat boxes that says "search single content type" and it will "unlock" a lot more search functions (much closer to what we had before).

Dave... i also had the same problem, but i found that if i entered a forum and used the
menu "Search forum" on the far right and then clicked "Advanced Search" i could search
in that forum posts from a specific user on that specific forum...

i used it a lot before and i missed now the chance we had to choose in which forum we
would like to search.

Nuno

Yeah what Vegas said works, but what Nuno is saying is true too, how do you search specific forums?

Edit: nevermind I found it. Nuno it's under additional options. To get the larger search page as Vegas said you have to click the left tab, and stay on "search posts". If you switch to "forums" you lose the options.

It's kind of weird the whole thing. But at least there's a way.

Last edited:
Back