• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

opinions on'99 spa yellow coupe

For anyone who has knowledge of this car---would like opinions--would you stay away from this car? Thoughts on F.L. rebuilt title as opposed to salvage For you who know, was this car cali car(now in Florida) Sure some of you guys know the history Thanx in advance

It helps much more if you post a link and a VIN. If it is the car I'm thinking of it has been discussed on Prime and rather extensively. Do a search using the VIN and you should find all you need.

Last edited:
It helps much more if you postal link and a VIN. If it is the car I'm thinking of it has been discussed on Prime and rather extensively. Do a search using the VIN and you should find all you need.

This ^^^

This car has been discussed probably 100 times.

Appears to be 1 of 1 Spa Yellow 99 coupe, and 1 of 2 if you include all model years.

A 99 Spa Yellow Coupe with a rebuilt title went on the block at Mecum in Kissimmee, Fl last Sunday January 20th. The high bid was $28k and apparently didn't meet the reserve and didn't sell. Now the car is scheduled to go across the block again this Saturday. I've read the other treads on this car and find it vary strange that a car thats supposed to be so rare keeps coming up on Ebay,Craig's list and I think on Prime over the past several years and never sells. Has anyone actually looked at this car and driven it. The owner obviously wants way too much for a salvage title car. But if the work was done properly and documented this car should sell. Mecum doesn't post the VIN and that subject has been hashed over here on prime. But I've seen these same pictures of the car posted on Ebay and Craig's list. This is one mysterious NSX. I'll be watching for this on Sunday. Here are the lot # of both sales of the same car for comparision.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0113-145237&entryRow=336&lottype=&startRow=321

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0113-151087&entryRow=284

As I posted a few moths ago, here it is again for the OP's benefit.
I spent a good couple of hours with this car on a lift and on the road 18 months ago when the buyer (a FL dealer) had it at a friends business here in CA. The car was repaired from the engine bay backward. It was not repaired well. There is a misalignment that resulted in the rear bumper being a good one inch off to one side. The front 3/4 of the car is unmolested and in good shape. It drives straight with no rattles. It requires a good $4K to $6K of repair and paint; this was estimated by a reputable NSX body repair shop that works with American Honda. I believe the dealer bought it repaired from a SoCal (San Diego area) second owner for $33K and quickly realized he made a bad deal. He was willing to let it go for $35K when I offered him $28K. And don't forget, it does have a Rebuilt FL title!

Last edited:
As I posted a few moths ago, here it is again for the OP's benefit.
I spent a good couple of hours with this car on a lift and on the road 18 months ago when the buyer (a FL dealer) had it at a friends business here in CA. The car was repaired from the engine bay backward. It was not repaired well. There is a misalignment that resulted in the rear bumper being a good one inch off to one side. The front 3/4 of the car is unmolested and in good shape. It drives straight with no rattles. It requires a good $4K to $6K of repair and paint; this was estimated by a reputable NSX body repair shop that works with American Honda. I believe the dealer bought it repaired from a SoCal (San Diego area) second owner for $33K and quickly realized he made a bad deal. He was willing to let it go for $35K when I offered him $28K. And don't forget, it does have a Rebuilt FL title!

Thanks for filling the gap. Sorry I missed your post. $28K is about right considering it is a rare car. If he is the same dealer selling this car he is playing P.T. Barnum's theory and hoping someone else will make the same mistake. I'll still watch for this car though. It's like driving by an accident and trying not to look.

Back