• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tuners in Hawaii Suggestions Please

I'm a few weeks away from being done with Turbo and Engine install with Lovefab kit and engine. I will be getting some baseline tunes from Cody, but will need to do a real tune.
Anyone have any suggestions on who to use to tune the car on Oahu? I've had 2 people suggest Seth at Sonic Motorsports.

Im getting my CTSC tuned by Sean at Munkywurks, He's a pretty cool guy, and has made a name for himself

well technically, I just did a few days ago, but my car was leaning out very very bad, so we cancelled the runs. I have the high boost kit CTSC but not a programmable ECU. So I'm swapping out my injectors wtih ID 1000s, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive fuel pump (assuming I can find someone to install it, I dont have the space) and an AEM EMS. Not wasting any more time. I'm glad i went with my gut feeling cuz I would have blown the motor leaning out this much on boost.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/169422-Troubling-news-from-my-tuner-tonight

Last edited:
well technically, I just did a few days ago, but my car was leaning out very very bad, so we cancelled the runs. I have the high boost kit CTSC but not a programmable ECU. So I'm swapping out my injectors wtih ID 1000s, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive fuel pump (assuming I can find someone to install it, I dont have the space) and an AEM EMS. Not wasting any more time. I'm glad i went with my gut feeling cuz I would have blown the motor leaning out this much on boost.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/169422-Troubling-news-from-my-tuner-tonight

So would you go back to the same guy?

yeah I am planning on it, he recommended the set up I'm probably going with. I'll be honest though I was his first NSX, so if you are looking for a specific NSX guy, I'm not sure. But, I plan on sticking with him, he is very conservative in his tuning process in the beginning, really takes his time and babies it to prevent any damage. Which turns out to be very fortunate, since I'm leaning out like crazy!

120 per, I think four to five pulls. He has his own dyna pack dyno. His name is Sean

I'll have to check him out. I'm considering 2 other options, which you may want to get in on.
1. Have Cody Lovefab fly out here and do the tune.
2. I met with Chris Black the last time he was in Hawaii and he's coming back mid year.
I prefer to get Cody out here, as he is certainly one of the best. Would you want to join in on him? I'm sure if he had more than 1 or 2 cars it would help with pricing, etc.

Back