• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd Annual Castaway Critters Car Show

Thank you for thinking of us. The awards are scheduled to be announced starting around 1:30 or so. Where in central PA are you located? Perhaps you could duck out of the dog park duty a little early (albeit a super cause). We would love to see you and your NSX in Hershey!

I live in Northumberland, little over an hour north. I sold my NSX around Thanksgiving, but Ive been wanting to get down to this show the last few years, timing just never worked out for me. Ill see what I can do!

I live in Northumberland, little over an hour north. I sold my NSX around Thanksgiving, but Ive been wanting to get down to this show the last few years, timing just never worked out for me. Ill see what I can do!

Thank you. Hope to see you there.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I register the day of? I'm working very hard to get my car back together right now, but I'm not 100% confident yet it will be ready Saturday.

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

Can I register the day of? I'm working very hard to get my car back together right now, but I'm not 100% confident yet it will be ready Saturday.

You can in fact register the day of the show if need be. Preregistering does allow us a little more flexibility as far as planning the layout of the field. It is of course determined by the number of cars from a specific country of origin. I do however fully understand your situation. I suggest that you work faster!!! Just kidding of course. We really hope that you get everything back together in time to join us on Saturday. Thank you for your consideration.

Tclark, what time can we get our cars into the spots they will be at?

PAnsxer, please get your car finished for the show. Would like to see it, always had an eye for yellow NSX's

Tclark, what time can we get our cars into the spots they will be at?

PAnsxer, please get your car finished for the show. Would like to see it, always had an eye for yellow NSX's

Cars can arrive starting at 8:00AM. The earlier the better. There are large caravans of cars coming from Northern VA, West Chester/Philly and Allentown. These large groups won't be arriving until 9:00 or so. If you can beat them, you don't have to wait in line. And as far as the yellow NSX comment, I completely agree!

Saw some nice pictures of NSX's on one of my Ford GT Forums, also a nice 959!!!

nice assortment of cars.Lots of british cars.....Rich was a no show hope he is ok:confused:

I was too lame to bring a camera..anyone have a shot of the nsx together on our little hill.

thanks! could'nt have had better carshow weather.

Actually, they now have my Lambo on a billboard at I-83 in Harrisburg. How's that for fame?
Sorry, I will be unable to attend because of health issues this year. I was really looking forward to judging the NSX's again and also staying at the Red Umbrella. Have fun Dan and Amanda. I will miss you guys.

Regards
Rich

- - - Updated - - -

Registration fee will go to the dogs Tom.

Looks like I missed a good one:frown: I had registered for the GF and I to go to this, before realized I had 3 day North East Shooters event in NH the same weekend.

Just wanted to give a huge thank you to all of the NSX Primers that came out to the show and helped us out by displaying their cars. Rich, you were sorely missed. We really hope you rebound soon.

The results of the show are nothing short of spectacular. The weather was absolutely, positively perfect. I told my wife Betsy that if this show were held for 100 years that we would never have weather this good again.

The results: Because of the incredible generosity of our sponsors and of course the car registrants, we are so pleased to tell you that this show netted $14,052.00. Since "Castaway Critters" is a 100% volunteer network, every penny of this goes to the veterinary care and feeding of these abused and abandoned companion animals. There were 156 cars on the show field, and 691 paid visitors at the gate. What a day for the animals.

My wife Betsy and myself would like to extend our most sincere thanks and congratulate everyone involved for a job very well done.

Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys, I forgot to add this clip from the local TV news:

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/Cool-cars-for-cats-and-canines/cPj8sq-kikuW08JK7LO4DA.cspx

It was an awesome show. So many nice cars to look at an dream about. Should have spent a little more time around the NSX's though.

bump for the pics...Tom when will they be added to the site?

lol ,,,sometime between my last post and now the 2013 pics are up.

I plan to join. The significant other really likes animals so it's a good excuse to go for a long drive in the NSX.

bumping this...the show has been passed on to the local auto museum Tom is no longer the point man so to sign up you have to go on the museum website..its 4/23 this year.

Back