• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3rd Annual Castaway Critters Car Show

It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that we would like to announce our 3rd annual "Cool Cars for Cats and Canines" car show. The show will be held on April 27th at the AACA museum in Hershey, PA. As many of you know, this show is a fund raiser for a no-kill animal rescue known as "Castaway Critters". This awesome organizatioin has saved the lives of nearly 9,000 abandoned dogs and cats over the past 11 years. This event provides desperately needed funding for the food and veterinary care of the homeless animals in the "Castaway Critters" foster network.

Please go to the show website here:
http://www.coolcarsf...andcanines.com/

You will find all of the registration information as well as pictures from our previous shows. Also, there is a link to our facebook page where you can upload a picture of your car and "like" us.

Thank you to everyone for your consideration in helping us with this very worthy cause. We really hope to see you at the show.

Registered and looking forward to the event. Thank you for all the hard work you do for this great cause!

For anyone looking to include their wife/significant other and not just make it a guy's event, I highly recommend the Red Umbrella Bed & Breakfast (http://www.redumbrellabandb.com/). Top notch accommodations - splurge for the Large suite if it is available - and run by really great people. As an added bonus, there is a lovely little road near there with great twists, turns and little hills that is sure to get your blood pumping.

Jeanne and I will be there and will stay in the same place. I remember how much you guys loved it.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't miss it for anything Tom/Betsy. If you need me to judge the Japanese cars again, please let me know. Love this event.

Thank you gentlemen for your continued support. We are all really looking forward to it. Incidentally, there will be an incredible display of Porsche cars inside the museum at the same time as the show. Don't forget to take a look at that.

And yes Rich, we absolutely want to have you as a judge again this year.

Please spread the word.

Jeanne and I just booked at the Red Umbrella large suite and will arrive around 3pm on Friday. Let's do dinner.

Jeanne and I just booked at the Red Umbrella large suite and will arrive around 3pm on Friday. Let's do dinner.
Outstanding, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Unfortunately, Amanda won't be joining me this time - she has a work function over that weekend. I on the other hand am looking forward to catching up with you.

Registered... hopefully, I'll actually make it this year! :)

Hey Guys ........... I only had to ask ...... and ........ Tom so graciously just put the NSX logo on the show's front home page with all the exotics. After all, it is a true supercar! Thanks Tom. Also, click on the show's Facebook page for some nice photos. That black NSX is a beauty!

-Rich

Easy for you to say, now that you took it from me. Wanna sell? I do have an '05 NSX at my disposal (very nice friend) that I could take there, however, I would be at conflict judging the NSX's and it is fun to judge.

Last edited:
We're now less than 2 weeks until show time. We have~125 cars registered, but there is always room for more NSX's!

I'm signed up..lets hope i can keep the date clear.

Any way to get the nsxs parked together?

The only way to assure that all NSX's are parked together would be make sure that you arrive together. You could all meet at a convenience store or something very close to the museum. Once all of you are gathered, then proceed to the show. Cars will be staged on the field in the order of their arrival and grouped by country of origin. If you arrive together, you will be side by side. If you arrive at various times throughout the morning, chances are you will have some "other" Asian cars mixed within the NSX's.

If/when you guys agree upon a time and place, please post it in this thread. I will forward the information to all registered NSX owners.

Thanks again gentlemen for your support. We're really looking forward to it!

Last edited:
How late does this show go til? I really want to make it down, but Ive been volunteering part of my Saturdays to help build a dog park in my town. I'll come down to the show if its still in full swing later in the afternoon.

How late does this show go til? I really want to make it down, but Ive been volunteering part of my Saturdays to help build a dog park in my town. I'll come down to the show if its still in full swing later in the afternoon.

Thank you for thinking of us. The awards are scheduled to be announced starting around 1:30 or so. Where in central PA are you located? Perhaps you could duck out of the dog park duty a little early (albeit a super cause). We would love to see you and your NSX in Hershey!

Back