• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom Plates

Which License Plate is Most Creative?

• Total voters
I have a few ideas, and I figured I'd share and let people vote.

1.) NTNSX = ntense NSX - This is actually 2 words put together that share some common letters. It's also the most meaningful to me. My screenname/hotmail address has always been ntenseone, and so that's the most personal because the two middle letters --> NTNSX <--are shared.

2.) NA1 LOL - Why? Let me explain...I had a friend with a CR-X that had a B18 Integra motor in it. His license plate said B18 LOL...The thought of doing NSX LOL or NA1 LOL kind of shot through my head while thinking of something witty to use, but I then dismissed it. Later on, however, while I was replacing the doorcheck mount bushing on my driver's side door check, I noticed "LOL" stamped on the top of the doorcheck rod itself!
DSCN12911.jpg

I've been around and worked on TONS of Hondas and I have never run into this before, but the first thought that came to me was, "Did Uehara-san know that LOL meant Laugh Out Loud back in 92 when this car was made? Was this done intentionally for this purpose? Was he trying to make a funny? If so, he's WAY ahead of his time!!!" I'm sure it stands for something else, but NOW the NA1 LOL plate idea really does hold some validity.

3.) NSEX - Self explanitory, but I don't know if the state will allow it.

4.) NSEXY - See #3

5.) DAT A55 = Dat Ass - Let's face it, this car has a good rump on it. How can you deny that fact? Once again, I don't know if the state would allow it if the right person catches on to what I'm trying to pull off.

Why not C30A LOL

Most states will not let you use "SEX" or numbers in place of letters (A55)

I'm not in love with any of them but I think the first is the most original. If I had to pick one, I would pick the first one.

1) NTNSX sounds like NOT NSX to me. Voted for NSEX if DMV will allow it to go through.

I had "GOT NSX" for years until they raised the price from $85.00 to $195.00 per year. This is just for the plate, not including the registration sticker fee. That was seperate. I also considered "OMG NSX" but that seemed a bit too vain.

My basic rule of thumb is, don't pick a plate that is so obscure that people can't figure it out and you have to explain it to people (in which case they're probably mentally rolling their eyes). The only ones above that aren't obscure are NSEX and NSEXY, but bnglert is right, most states will reject both of those. I like TURBO's idea of NSXY and it might pass muster by the authorities.

Clearly, I voted for NSEXY, but I'm pulling for NSX-E or the like :)

Last edited:
NSSSSSSX all the "S's" really bug your eyes out

Garage018.jpg

Back