• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know this 2002 Imola - JH4NA21622T000082

It was bought originally in California - sold in 2005
Went to Montana briefly
Spent the rest of its life in Illinois
From prefious posts it was subject to a scammer trying to sell a car he didn't own but that never went anywhere.
Apparently it was just traded and is for sale now in Scotsdale with 23,000 miles on it.
It seems almost stock except for a dash kit that I personally am not fond of.
Other than that I may go look at it but I'd like to know more about the history.

She look purty... not much history that I can find.

I am also not able to see more pictures of it other than the one inside the pdf. Carfax looks clean

used-2002-acura-nsx-2drnsxtopentop32lmanual-1769-9982758-47-640.jpg
Heres the interior
Looks like an after market console and door insert kit

Attachments

• used-2002-acura-nsx-2drnsxtopentop32lmanual-1769-9982758-8-640.jpg
    used-2002-acura-nsx-2drnsxtopentop32lmanual-1769-9982758-8-640.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 914
Saw it listed in the dealer's inventory yesterday morning, but by yesterday evening it was no longer listed.

Edit: The dealer website has it listed again. Must have been uploading pics.

Last edited:
Whole lot of orange going on in there... The pic of the rear antenna looks bent. do you know if it works? it is supposed to go down when the radio is off. looks like they changed the boot and shift handle as well. know if it has any clear bra? are the OE pieces included with the sale?

Yeah it do look bent but I have other pictures with it down so I guess it works.
I've asked if they have the OE pieces - no reply yet.
I would really prefer a black interior but only 8 ever built so not likely to find one.
Almost bought one in DC two months age but time of year was wrong - should have though.

Pauls car (DC935) was a very nice example. Well I am not sure if it is still for sale but i know Wesley was selling "carrots" a few months ago. You may want to check that. He had it listed on 6speedonline.com

Yeah the Imola/Onyx are tough to find :biggrin:....

Yeah - Pauls
I'm still kicking myself for backing out, but between storage, insurance, and shipping issues I couldn't keep in limbo any longer. When I called him the following day it was gone.
Also saw the one on 6speedonline - I posted a request for more info weeks age but no reply. Do you know if he's still selling?

Not yet looked at the present FS add, but

Here's what I do have on JH4NA21622T000082:

It was FS on FleaBay in late 2004/very early 2005 as item # 2494934022 in SandyEggo, CA. At that time it had mileage 7060. CD player, Comptech stainless steel exhaust, and OEM car cover.

My consulting bill is in your mail. :biggrin:

Update 1040pm: Mileage listed @ 23,505.

http://www.scottsdaleferrari.com/de..._nsx~t_open_top_3_2l_manual-used-9982758.html

The silver shift knob and silver ashtray flap look quite out of place. But how can Imola appear so fruit-juicy delicious when well-photographed? Looks like it still has the Comptech exhaust on it.

And then, whilst perusing this dealer's used car inventory, I just had to notice this:

http://www.scottsdaleferrari.com/detail-2004-ferrari-360-challenge_stradale-used-9842239.html

Sweet niblets.

Last edited:
I'm seriously thinking about this car.
Don't like the wood overlay on console and doors.
Anyone have any idea if the OEM panels are still available & cost.
If I do buy it I'd probably replace the carpet with a charcoal color to cut down on the amount of orange ( phoposhoped a picture and it looks good).
Is this a large cost?
Spoke to the salesman - he said the front airdam needs to be replaced plus the timing belt etc has not been done.
With all that the price seems a bit high.
The OEM console and trim pieces are available, but they're not cheap:

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/parts-catalog/acura/nsx/2002/2dr-nsx-t/ka6mt/interior-bumper/console
http://www.oemacuraparts.com/parts-...nsx-t/ka6mt/interior-bumper/front-door-lining

Alternatively, you can have it refinished.

That's so pretty but I prefer the black inside, to much orange going on there

I modified a shot of the interior to show what it would look like with OEM trim and charcoal carpet. Much better IMO but could be costly. Anyone have any idea of carpet cost?
DSC_0752.jpg

AdjdDSC_0752.jpg

What I'd like to do ( since there are practically none available) is modify this car to an Imola Orange / Onyx but thats totally impractical with OEM parts so I'm thinking replace carpet as a start. Maybe keep looking for other trims ( and maybe seats ) from a wrote-off car, as time goes on.
Any comments on whether this will create or destroy the value of the car?

What I'd like to do ( since there are practically none available) is modify this car to an Imola Orange / Onyx but thats totally impractical with OEM parts so I'm thinking replace carpet as a start. Maybe keep looking for other trims ( and maybe seats ) from a wrote-off car, as time goes on.
Any comments on whether this will create or destroy the value of the car?

I understand what you are saying here. As others have said, as long as your mod(s) are reversible you should be O K for resale. Good luck finding a salvaged Imola!
FWIW, what I've done is simply purchase a set of NSX OEM carpets in onyx (charcoal, almost black but not quite!) so's when I want to change it up a little I can throw those in... gives my interior a very different look. Years ago I seriously contemplated, and almost bought, a set of 2002-newer onyx seats so I could flip those, too.

I love the darker interior... though i dont have many pics the onyx interior... :biggrin:

54892_10151099751477496_1464986316_o.jpg

hey Pete, if you buy the car I have a set of Black 02+ seats that i can sell if you wanted.... PM me for more details

hi par4pete,

i believe you are forgetting about that big long orange plastic slab that is under both sides of the centre console that is orange no matter what. if u end up replacing the orange carpet; every time you get into the car you will see a big thick orange plastic line; surrounded by black centre console leather above and black carpet below. its the same problem that nsx owners have when they want to do the tan->black interior conversion.

I modified a shot of the interior to show what it would look like with OEM trim and charcoal carpet. Much better IMO but could be costly. Anyone have any idea of carpet cost?
View attachment 97336

View attachment 97335

hi par4pete,

i believe you are forgetting about that big long orange plastic slab that is under both sides of the centre console that is orange no matter what. if u end up replacing the orange carpet; every time you get into the car you will see a big thick orange plastic line; surrounded by black centre console leather above and black carpet below. its the same problem that nsx owners have when they want to do the tan->black interior conversion.

That is correct. The orange on the side of the center consoles cannot be replaced unless you replace the entire center console and dash (it's all one huge piece). The other option is to dye it black. There are many upholsters that dye leather, etc. all the time and they look great, so I wouldn't be concerned on the outcome.

For my imola, I just changed the mats. You can learn to live with the carpet and the rest of the orange interior IMHO. I also considered changing the carpet, but the mats pretty much cover everything so didn't think it was worth it.

Back