• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Big thanks to Ben at Daisy Automotive

This post also serves as an update for this thread for those looking for help with a mysterious hesitation that can't seem to be resolved.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/163166-Misfire-codes-Dealer-wants-1230-00?highlight=dealer

West Chester Acura in Pennsylvania had preformed oil changes on my car and a few services in the past:
Timing Belt - 2006
Oil pan 2 x's - 2008/2009
Valve adjustment - 2012

After a Vacation in September my car started this mysterious hesitation. After doing some work myself and bringing it to the Acura dealer many times, the Acura dealer hinted at the fact that this might be beyond their scope of knowledge.

Two things were completed before the car was dropped off Ben's; plugs and coils and a valve adjustment, neither solved the hesitation issue.

I am two hours away from Ben, I had hesitations about driving all that way for service.
My initial impression upon pulling up a daisy automotive was four other NSX's at the shop, this was very confidence inspiring.

After Ben got his hands on it he found that the cam timing was off and the timing belt was loose, something he'd never seen before. Two of the injectors were bad, the TW sensor was bad, and the cam angle sensor was in terrible shape.
In addition the clutch was in horrible shape, the thermostat was falling apart and one of the intake gaskets was leaking.

Ben treat's your car like his own, it was almost like it was his car that I was allowed to drive home. He literally cares more about my car than I do. As of right now my car is as good as new, in tiptop condition and I'm very pleased.

My car is very happy now too.

Thanks Ben!

Ben is very knowledgable. He's helped me out a few times and I'm in a different country lol.

Back