• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SOS twin turbo install - 3 month update....

Just thought I'd post a quick update to my original SOS install for a friend of mine.

The car now has a couple thousand miles on it, and the twin-turbo set-up has performed flawlessly. The entire kit looks and acts like it came stock on the car. There are no leaks, no oil is being used, and the car performs like a beast. If you want supercar performance - this offers a very good bang for your buck in my opinion. I appreciate having venders like SOS spend the time engineering and fabricating quality updates for our cars. I'm a huge fan.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.

I am in the middle of an engine build and am cosidering the sos twin kit vs other single turbo kits but have not yet made up my mind. Did you install the kit yourself? If so, did you run into any issues? One concern I have is the location of the turbos is such a confined area. Does it seem to be a problem regarding both heat as well as gaining access for servicing, etc? I also live here in Florida ( ft lauderdale) and does the air/water intercooler provide enough cooling for heatsoak down here in the hot weather? Who did your tuning? Did you install any additional electronics such as electronic boost control, gauges, etc? Thanks again, since I am trying to make a decision, and also trying to evaluate total costs for the various kits so any detailed info would be appreciated.

Short answers are yes, installed it myself. Kit was ALL inclusive - even had a small crows foot wrench for a hard to reach turbo nut. I made ZERO trips to the hardware store and waited for nothing. No issues at all, although I did write an email to SOS suggesting a couple changes in the install manual to make things easier. I did the whole install laying under the car on jack stands and I'm an old guy!! The turbos are a tight fit, but very well thought out to avoid an auxiliary oil pump needed for others kits. No issues with heatsoak - the car has a serial gauge and measures IATs - I saw maybe 110 once. Aaron Miller did the tune. He was recommended by SOS and lives in Sarasota. I used J&J dyno here in Fort Myers. We left the turbo actuators stock - SOS says they are at 8 lbs. of boost, my serial gauge reads a high of 9.4. I've bought many parts from SOS over the years and everything they custom design is always extremely well thought out, delivered as promised and always complete. Feel free to give me a call if you want to discuss in more detail. 239-292-2370 Mark

I also have the TT SOS system in my 3.2 I have to agree the quality is impressive, the service is amazing. I've got maybe 12000 miles on mine, with only a couple minor issues. A turbo wastegate (?) had an issue.. car ran fine but couldn't build boost well. And recently one of my turbo coolant lines started dripping. I should mention I drive the car HARD at the track... i've put this car through maybe 10 weekend sessions since the turbo install. And, knowing this... SOS fixed the coolant leak FOR FREE, and the wastegate (?) issue for parts only ($50 ish), and did the 4 hrs of labor FOR FREE. This is after 2 years and 12000+ miles of hard driving. I'm guessing if I didn't track the car neither issue would have occurred in normal street driving.

Max intake temps are about 135 at the track driving HARD. Usually though they are 110 on a coolish day at the track.
And yes, the build and parts quality are superb. Kit/service amazing. Very Happy.... after years of use.

Do you have a thread with details on your engine build? I am looking at doing a build similar to yours. Did you do any mods to the tranny or drive axles? I am thinking on my build to sleeve the block, new rods, oil pump gear, pistons, arp bolts, and then new gaskets etc throughout. Contemplating new main caps etc but not sure if necessary for 600-650hp. Thank for any info. Like you told me a few years ago when I installed the bbsc I am looking for more boost.

Thanks in advance

James

The dyno sheets they have on the sos website are direct customer printouts. A couple are mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and as a 32000mile update... Engine still kicking ass. Car still kicking ass. No turbo kit issues, period...other than the Wastegate issue in this thread.

You guys contemplating the system... No regrets here.

I've put 20K miles on my SOS kit and have had no kit related problems at all. I was throwing miss-fire codes that I attribute the valves needing adjustment. I'm not running the high HP that you all are talking about. I'm running 8.5 lbs boost making 415 rwhp on the stock engine, clutch and ECU w AEM F/IC. Now, I don't flog my car with clutch dumps or slam the limiter on every shift but, I do take the occasional spirited drive on Texas Hill Country roads. At this HP the balance of the car feels just right and very controllable. It's definitely an improvement that updates the car's overall performance to that of many of today's exotics. Even in the South Texas heat my car is running about 5 to 10 degrees cooler than before. Heat soak has not been an issue. For my own piece of mind, we fabricated an aluminum heat shield installed between the front turbo and the air conditioner compressor as I felt the hot glowing exhaust pipe was a bit close to it.

I don't have an sos tt kit. I was asking if someone could share the installation manual.
I guess no one has it. I'm mostly worried about tuning aspects before I do such investment of buying SOS TT kit. I live in Oman, so I'm limited with access to tuners. My only options are 1 AEM licensed tuner whose used to tuning 2JZs and RB26s in Oman or a handful of other tuners in UAE aka Dubai. How difficult is it to tune a C30A comparing to those engines???
Anyone would be happy to share his tuning map files for NA1 with basically just TT kit and no extra stuff like meth?

Have you talked to SOS? For tuning, you could ask your tuner to call SOS and ask for some tips and maybe they’ll give them a baseline map. This is assuming you buy the kit from SOS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can easily do a remote tuning session. I've done that multiple times with a heck of a lot more expensive car than the NSX. the dyno operater coordinates with a tuner of your choice. It works very well, only issue i see is time zone issues, and then you're paying a dyno operator AND a tuner instead of just a dyno/tuner. I bet if you buy the SOS turbo kit, chris wilson (who now does tuning on his own system) may be willing to remote tune your car for whatever his hourly rate is.

Back