• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Hawaii Owner

Hey Hawaii Primers,

Just wanted to say, "hi," and introduce myself. My name is Jon and I've finally fulfilled a life-long dream and bought my own NSX. My friend, Noah (turbolence46), and I both live in Kapolei and are excited to get the chance to get together and meet all of you. Some of you have already given me great advice while I was in the process of buying the car, and I hope to continue to learn from you all.

haha I'm not a very good photographer but here are a couple quick shots I took after washing it this morning:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Beautiful car in need of some new more up to date wheels and a lowering.

According to the dealer, it's a 91 originally Berlina Black that was repainted MCBP...but there seems to be a lot of purple in it. Noah and I think it might be SSBP, the blue color offered on later-year Integras. Without a MCBP here in Hawaii to compare with, it's hard to tell.

Beautiful. Congratulations. I'm in Kapolei too. It looks like Monte Carlo Blue Pearl too me. Since it was resprayed, it may have a slight color variation vs stock, but it does look like MCBP. THe Longbeach Blue and Monaco Blue are very different.

Congrats!!! Beautiful car!

Would love to see progress pics as you go. ;)

I wish I could come to your meet with my NSX :-(

I wish you could too, SHIP IT DOWN!!! lol

Honest to god that thought has crossed my mind everytime I have been to the islands for a couple of weeks. Do you guys appreciate what you have there in terms of nature and weather or is it just another thing now... I suppose it's easy to forget but man.... Try not driving your nsx 6 months at a time, not taking off the targa for 9 months at a time, shoveling 6 feet of snow every year and freezing your ass off everytime you go out. Short long nights, and water that's not so clean near you... There are 2 things I love... Nature and a good car.... And if I could have both there I would put up with a lot of other inconveniences. I'd have it have targa there though.... Only thing i would miss is the track.

Honest to god that thought has crossed my mind everytime I have been to the islands for a couple of weeks. Do you guys appreciate what you have there in terms of nature and weather or is it just another thing now... I suppose it's easy to forget but man.... Try not driving your nsx 6 months at a time, not taking off the targa for 9 months at a time, shoveling 6 feet of snow every year and freezing your ass off everytime you go out. Short long nights, and water that's not so clean near you... There are 2 things I love... Nature and a good car.... And if I could have both there I would put up with a lot of other inconveniences. I'd have it have targa there though.... Only thing i would miss is the track.

It is a little easy to take it for granted, but I do love it here. But, some of the negatives are really big, shipping, cost of living (Houses here start at like 400k) and no track. I lived in springfield, Missouri for 4 years... Snow, ice, flat lands? I hear what you are saying none of it was fun.

wow no love for the mito modular.....lol today the trend is concave...back then convex.:redface:....one real reason to switch though is those are heavy for thier size.Steve is the man for all things nsx especialy diy......he has "romanced" his car like no other.

wow no love for the mito modular.....lol today the trend is concave...back then convex.:redface:....one real reason to switch though is those are heavy for thier size.Steve is the man for all things nsx especialy diy......he has "romanced" his car like no other.

All I see are the puffy white clouds against the blue sky above his car... LOL

I got to see this beauty in person last weekend. The blue is gorgeous. Now you should buy that lovefab kit that's for sale on the threads!

I got to see this beauty in person last weekend. The blue is gorgeous. Now you should buy that lovefab kit that's for sale on the threads!

haha I'm sorting out finances for a couple of other things first, but forced induction is definitely on my future wish list...

Back