• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Valentine V1 Custom bracket and Remote Display Solutions for NSX owners, Option A / B

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSX owners all share a similar passion for the automobile and going fast is one of those associated passions that most of us also share! Granted speeding in most states can be costly, we came up with a few solutions to help the NSX owner stay out of trouble.

All of this centers around one of the best radar detectors on the market, the Valentine V1. Every year you see new models of radar being introduced with GPS, wireless and the latest gizmo's but this is the radar detector that has stayed pretty much the same over the years. However this is not a ad for Valentine so if you want more info, go read up on their site.

What we offer the NSX owner is a custom mounting platform that optimizes the V1's main unit location for effective front and rear radar pickup while at the same time staying off the dash to prevent theft and other issues. Our custom bracket is made of lightweight materials and comes with attachment hardware that allows the V1 main unit to be moved to other cars if needed but once plugged into your NSX allows full stealth mode.

We are offering the V1 bracket for $89.95 to allow user to mount your V1 radar unit onto the rear deck area using no holes or drilling required!

In conjunction with the V1 main unit bracket, you will need a remote display unit and we offer two options:

OPTION A: Remote display custom mounted inside your OEM click assembly (we will need you to send your clock assembly in for modification)
$169.95

OPTION B: Remote display on custom bracket to be mounted in windshield pillar angled for driver's view only
$149.95

here are some pictures but if you have any questions feel free to contact us at: [email protected]

thanks!

V1 custom bracket for mounting of main unit $89.95
IMG_6856.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg

V1 display concealed in clock:
v1_install_1.jpg

v1_fullylit.jpg

V1 display on custom bracket hidden in pillar:
IMG_0095.jpg

We also offer custom V1 / stereo solutions on a per order basis such as this setup:
IMG_3886.jpg

Last edited:
How about making the box that covers it to make it look like a rear brake light?

+1 on the targa height

This bracket is adjustable for both TARGA and coupes!

We actually modeled the first bracket off my 2004 Targa and it works just fine on a recent trip up the I5. Reception front and rear were spot on for finding all the bogeys.

Also keep in mind a lot of targa owners removed their rear storage lid which in this case makes things easy. But the bracket height can be adjusted enough to clear the rear targa hump for sure.

thanks!

P.S. We have built quite a few V1 cover's by request for NSX owners, it's not a cheap part since we use OEM BMW pieces to make it but looks nice if that is what you want, drop us a PM.

- - - Updated - - -

here's a few boxes we've done:

nsx_brad_3_zps34511652.jpg

nsx_brad_2_zps0c0771e8.jpg

Understood!

Let me see if we can get one of our NSX with targa cover in place to show the placement.

I had this setup in my personal GPW NSX with the targa cover tray in place for the first year of ownership and never had any issues with radar signals not being picked up from the rear.

Understood!

Let me see if we can get one of our NSX with targa cover in place to show the placement.

I had this setup in my personal GPW NSX with the targa cover tray in place for the first year of ownership and never had any issues with radar signals not being picked up from the rear.

I have a double din setup and I've had the v1 mounting system installed since 08. With positioning I always wondered was it a clear signal sitting between the seats. Seems the rear is blocked by the targa cover and the front might get interference from the screen being on. I have gotten some nuisance alarms and had to turn it a little sideways on the mount. I do need the upgrade the firmware so that might be it.

We have a new batch of 2nd generation V1 radar detector brackets in stock ready to ship. These are precision cut and formed specifically to fit your V1 unit. Each kit comes with velcro for mounting the V1 to our bracket.

We also have limited supplies of V1 parts as needed.

thanks!

We can't modify the first post oddly so some things have changed! Please contact us before sending us any parts for re-work.

Or visit our newly updated website for more info :)

www.euroboutique.us

thank you!

Can you post the pic of the bracket installed in a targa? Thanks

PS - really like the clock mod, thanks!

Can you post the pic of the bracket installed in a targa? Thanks

PS - really like the clock mod, thanks!

My car is a 2004 so that is a Targa. Are you worried the cover will block the V1 rear sensor? In my car, we removed the rear cover tray however the height is variable so just make sure it's mounted high enough to give rearward vision.

you can see the height of the V1 in this photo:

Are you still making the box to go over the Valentine 1? Does it have clear line of sight front and back? I would be interested in buying. Price?

I put my radar sitting on top of the targa cover directly with velco so I don't need a bracket, just want to hide radar better. Also, put the remote display in my ashtray so it is hidden as well. Fits perfectly.

Thanks

Last edited:
Been so busy with our latest projects we forgot to update this thread as a few of you have been asking for custom V1 boxes.

Go through this thread and if any questions please give us a call. This is one of those projects we built which is quite handy and takes all the improvements from nsx owners who need a way to conceal their V1.

Custom mounted Remote Display unit shown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back