• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shipping ENgine From Mainland

So my Lovefab Engine should be ready to ship next week. He is going to build a crate and put the engine and turbo in it. Probalby on a crate, total weight will be about 500 pounds. ANy ideas or experience from anyone on the best way to get it here? ALthough price is a major factor, the safety of the engine and parts are more important, so I'm willing to pay a little more for the security of getting everything here, safe and dry.
Mahalo

I shipped a derby owners club here from florida, you know that giant horse racing game at Dave and BUsters? It arrived in perfect condition, I'll try track down the company name that did the ocean freight part.

Update: I used h2o logistics

Last edited:
I believe I will be using Pilot's freight. Going to be around $1k with insurance and 5 day total delivery from Michigan to my door in HI. Seems reasonable. 500+lbs and built on a pallet with 3 foot height.

Man, that is a hassle! Note to self: do all big mods to the NSX before moving back to Hawaii.

Man, that is a hassle! Note to self: do all big mods to the NSX before moving back to Hawaii.

Very true. Only thing is I'm glad that my local guy is installing the whole engine and turbo, so if it ever needs maintenance, he'll be much more familiar with it.

Back