• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mystery wires

Installed a USA Spec iPod adapter today. That went great, but in the process I discovered a few other puzzling things...

1) In the tunnel, a grey sleeve breaks out to three wires (orange, white, black) with breakaway connectors. This wiring was simply cut off. With the key in and at ACC no combination of them reads any voltage. This does NOT look OEM.

laPFc9ih.jpg

2) Underneath the center speaker cover there is an apparently-unused but quite OEM looking black DIN connector - the one wrapped in foam.

68M9omrh.jpg

3) Possibly most alarming: In the passenger footwell, where I assume the subwoofer is/should be (is the sub under this metal plate??) - very OEM looking connectors, dangling and not hooked up to anything.

x3eY2U0h.jpg

Anyone know what any of these are/could be?? Is my car missing any parts or wiring?

I believe the last two are for testing purposes at the dealer. They are service connectors. Yes, subwoofer is under the metal foot cover.

I believe the last two are for testing purposes at the dealer. They are service connectors. Yes, subwoofer is under the metal foot cover.

Interesting to know that there are service connectors besides the OBD port... I assume in modern cars everything is connected by CAN BUS and stuff like this is no longer needed.

Those other ones that are cut are def not OEM.

the din plug under the center speaker was for the old phone.

turbo2go is right service connectors for the dealership

as for behind the radio. trace them back see where there are hooked up. or more pics.

Now this is definitely wrong...

kv05VFuh.jpg

Might explain why my air conditioning doesn't seem to work...

No, your fuel regulator should be keeping the PSI in the fuel lines constant. It just means your fuel pump is working hard for no reason. Possibly more wear and tear?

Anyone got the part number for that fuel pump resistor?

I mean, it's $44 new online... Am I really going to get much cheaper than that?

Ok, I ordered the resistor. Still no leads on what those other wires in the center console are about. Will hopefully have a chance to trace them when I remove the red carpet...

I'm pretty sure it's just a piece of wire, but I'll hold onto whatever I take off and let you know.

Ahh, the symmetry. Pretty sure your old front brakes are on my car.

you can find them on most honda at the junk yard if its a bypass connector RYU

I'm interested in that bypass plug if you want to part with it.

That plug can be found in the junkyard on any 92-95 civic or 94-01 integra, it is the reverse light connector on the tranny.

you can find them on most honda at the junk yard if its a bypass connector RYU

That plug can be found in the junkyard on any 92-95 civic or 94-01 integra, it is the reverse light connector on the tranny.
Thank you guys. I haven't been the junkyard in years. I'll look around for the P/N from acuraoemparts.com but if you happen to know the P/N# i'd appreciate it!

Back