• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your car worth???

Where do you guys go to get an idea of what your NSX is worth? There is three site that I look at which is KBB, NADA and Edmunds.com. Which site is the best site out of these three? Or is there any other site out there that you/I can look at?

From what I know most dealership use NADA. Correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure most of you guys here would like to know what your NSX is worth too :smile:.

Thanks in Advance!

Most dealers use Galves. A car like the NSX, doesn't trade enough to really have accurate pricing in any of the guides. Prime is a better source of pricing than any of the guides you mentioned.

Those sites don't use market data, they just use a generic depreciation algorithm.
Any car with an atypical depreciation(or slight appreciation like the NSX seems to have) isn't going to report correct.
The most logical way to see what your car is worth is to see what other people are selling for.

Most recent example is the McLaren F1 when Mr Bean wrecked his. Insurance company quickly realized their generic algorithm didn't fit a car that appreciates.

Last edited:
Last edited:
most dealers use blackbook. but like other have said since the NSX isnt a-typical SHEEP car the data will be wrong.

my 92 is worth 1.9Mill to me. hope this helps LOL

Last edited:
There is also a difference between "what it is worth" and "what you can sell it for" that is worth keeping in mind during a sale or a buy.

4fab780c519476a23b50ba2dc17baddb_zps502c2625.jpg

Nice trend up for the car. I knew this was haoenning, I'm not surprised. I think over the next two years we will see a nice trend up.

Mine was appraised by a professional following accident damage at $43,000 (before the accident he said it would have been work $47,000 - damn!!). I doubt I would get that much for it if I tried to sell it, though, especially considering how forthcoming I've been about all the various issues it's had here on Prime.

But it doesn't matter because I'm keeping it forever so there!

I tried the hagerty link but couldn't seem to find mileage input etc?

Trying to get a good gauge on what my 96' NSX-T Blk/blk 54k original miles, clean carfax no accidents is worth.

I may list it eventually and hold strong on price since I've been more interested in a red one, but I know for a fact it'll be damn near impossible to find another car with such clean history.

Last edited:
Hagerty's little blurb on the NSX is pretty good too apparently:

History of the 1991-1996 Acura NSX

Every so often a car manufacturer builds a car so out of its normal range that the whole automotive world stops to stare at it. Such was the case with the Acura NSX.

Development began as early as 1984, and when Honda debuted the car as an Acura model for America in 1990, the automotive press raved. The company had come up with a winner, and in many comparison tests, it regularly trounced its Porsche 911, Chevy Corvette, and Ferrari 348 competition.

The Acura NSX was a sophisticated car in many regards, and technology developed in Honda's Formula One program trickled into the car. Its aluminum 3.0-liter V6 produced 270 hp and featured dual overhead cams and variable valve timing. The unit was mounted transversely midship, and balance was impeccable—even on the limit. The car was the first to utilize an all-aluminum monocoque body, and it also featured an aluminum suspension, all of which kept weight down. Much of the development input came thanks to Honda's ace F1 driver, Ayrton Senna.

The NSX became Honda's flagship over night, as well as the most expensive Japanese car in America. But it was still a Honda, which meant reliability had been built in: It was happy to rev at 8,000 rpm all day and then do it again, without much incident.

The car came standard with a 5-speed manual, though a 4-speed auto was offered shortly after introduction. Horsepower in those models dipped to 252 hp. Traction control, ABS, driver's airbag, leather, and power everything rounded out the package.

The NSX saw little in the way of changes between its introduction and its first significant upgrade in 1997. In 1995, the car was offered as the NSX-T—a Targa with two removable roof panels, and a "drive-by-wire" throttle system also debuted.

Too many Acura NSXs were produced during its run to make them rare, and thus they won't be true "collector cars" for some time. But they are exceedingly competent, good-looking, and daily-driver reliable. And they serve to remind us that every so often, even staid carmakers from Japan can turn it up to 11.

With agreed/stated value insurance, I believe there are now two definitions of what its worth:
To the owner...The $ its insured for (agreed value premiums)
To the buyer...The "walk-away" $+$1

KBB, NADA, Edmund and Hagerty.com all pretty much give the same prices for my NSX.

http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch/Report?vc=868085

http://www.kbb.com/acura/nsx/1996-a...ns=316931|true|316902|true|316941|true#survey

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1996/Acura/NSX-T/2-Door-Targa/Values

http://www.edmunds.com/acura/nsx/1996/tmv-appraise-results.html

Does all these sound right? Too high or to low? Or just right?!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why the Edmund site I copy and paste like the rest but when click on it it doesn't show the price. Owell, but it's around the same price as the other three site .

Last edited:
Caroline... I would say mid to high 30's sounds about right to me. Would be a premium if 5spd, high 30-low 40's with your mileage.

Although Automatic may take a little longer to sell, we know your car is very clean!!

Caroline... I would say mid to high 30's sounds about right to me. Would be a premium if 5spd, high 30-low 40's with your mileage.

Although Automatic may take a little longer to sell, we know your car is very clean!!

:wink:

As someone who just went thru the buying process in the last 8 months....I would say in the 30's I would have given serious consideration.... 40's maybe not. Just throwing out some feedback....hope that helps. The market has improved somewhat since then.

As someone who just went thru the buying process in the last 8 months....I would say in the 30's I would have given serious consideration.... 40's maybe not. Just throwing out some feedback....hope that helps. The market has improved somewhat since then.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Back