• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Spare tire and spare tire alternatives?

Hi Primers,

I have a few questions in regards to the spare tire.

1. How much is the replacement tire? (mine is cracked)- from my understanding, its out of production?
2. If I have an extra set of OEM wheels am I able to use the front OEM wheel, as a REAR OEM wheel? (clears rear calipers?)

(I noticed the front OEM wheel fits perfectly in the trunk)

Heading up from socal to norcal, just want to cover my bases.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The center bore of the OEM wheels are different front to rear. So while the front "may" fit since it's centerbore is larger, it wasn't designed to (on a side note, the rear will NOT fit the front because of the smaller centerbore). Also the using the front rim as a rear will have issues with the tire diameter as the front is ~1" smaller than the rear.

I suggest getting AAA and a good cell phone. :smile:

Adrian,

So the front will fit in the rear, because the front bore is bigger than the rear, but because the front is + 55, you are saying it will rub the calipers in the rear?

What I was trying to do, is carry an OEM NA1 Front in the trunk, should the front get a flat, thats a no brainer but should the rear go out, I can fit NA1 front that I have in the trunk, in the rear to use. (for emergency use until I can repair it)

Educate me :biggrin:

I do have the AAA premier and a cell, but getting stranded kills me. (Im a little OCD) :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Adrian,

Here is what I am getting at:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/147305-Does-accord-odyssey-acura-TL-spare-tire-fit-the-NSX

It may be just as cost-effective to get a full-size stock '91-93 NSX front wheel and tire. You'll have to try it to see if it fits in the rear, though (but you can do this when you get the car back - jack the car up by its center mounting point to remove both tires on a side).-NSXTASY

Or would an S2000 spare work?

Thanks in advance. I dont mind putting a spare in the trunk of the car. Just need it to work.

Note the phrase I'm putting in bold here:

It may be just as cost-effective to get a full-size stock '91-93 NSX front wheel and tire. You'll have to try it to see if it fits in the rear, though (but you can do this when you get the car back - jack the car up by its center mounting point to remove both tires on a side).-NSXTASY

And if you find that it works and you need an extra front 15" stock wheel, you can find one for not much money by clicking here.

Last edited:
dont need the spare, as long as your not riding on bald tires you should be good. not once have I had a flat in my NSX in 6 years keep the tires new or new tires every few months and your good.

if you get a nail in your tire, leave it in....... and use the can of fix-flat that you keep in your trunk. get it fixed when you can

nothing is life or death its just a car. when you leave the earth ( one day in the far far future )you NSX will remain on earth.

dont need the spare, as long as your not riding on bald tires you should be good. not once have I had a flat in my NSX in 6 years keep the tires new or new tires every few months and your good.
I've had two flat tires in the past six years, and both times I was glad to have a spare with me.

if you get a nail in your tire, leave it in....... and use the can of fix-flat that you keep in your trunk. get it fixed when you can
"Fix-a-Flat" permanently destroys tires.

- - - Updated - - -

Note the phrase I'm putting in bold here:

And if you find that it works and you need an extra front 15" stock wheel, you can find one for not much money by clicking here.

Ill try it one of these days, and Ill let you know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back