• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blodi's Lovefab LF600 Engine and Turbo Build...

Just quick update. Issue was found with a bad connection at the fuel pump plug. It's now secured (zip tie :) )
Couple other odds and ends to do, but car should be ready for me to pick up this weekend if I can make it up to LoveFab.

Couple updates from LoveFab....
Got the steering bushing installed...hopefully that gets rid of the knock that I've had since I bought the car.
IMG_20150412_155230_587 by blodi, on Flickr

And...new dyno run. She seems healthy...and this was with the tune still pretty rich.....
Dyno41215 by blodi, on Flickr

Cody will be bringing her home this week.

Good gawd that's a lot of HP! can't wait to check it out!

Been a while since an update. Car is running great. I did add a turbo oil reservoir (an aftermarket Porsche 930 tank) and TurboWerx Exa-Pump to help the turbo drain. Works great! No more smoke or smell from oil.
IMG_6841 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_6842 by blodi, on Flickr

Also, this...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RfUSGnPbzkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Been a while since an update. Car is running great. I did add a turbo oil reservoir (an aftermarket Porsche 930 tank) and TurboWerx Exa-Pump to help the turbo drain. Works great! No more smoke or smell from oil.
IMG_6841 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_6842 by blodi, on Flickr

Also, this...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RfUSGnPbzkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When you mention smoke, do you mean from the exhaust?
I had this issue in the beginning with my LoveFab turbo kit but in the end I managed to ensure an gentle slope for the oil return line and the issue disappeared.
Talking about oil smell, I'd be interested to know how you (re)circulate the fumes coming out of the cylinder heads?

Yes, oil smoke out the exhaust. It was intermittent. Normally just pulling away at a stop light or after a hard pull. I tried to simplify my drain line as much as possible for better flow...but never got rid of the smoke.
My valve covers are vented to a SOS catch can setup. The can has a breather to atmosphere and a line back to the intake with a one way valve for vacuum. I don't know if I have a pic, but let me know and I can take one.

Mine smokes very little, but my blow off valve sprays oil...
Did your oil return line go OVER or UNDER the black sway bar. Mine goes up and over it.... I was thinking of putting it under it. Any comments are appreciated.
Dave

Did your oil return line go OVER or UNDER the black sway bar. Mine goes up and over it.... I was thinking of putting it under it. Any comments are appreciated.
Dave

Mine smoked too, but more than a little. lol
Problem resolved....

Dave

This is how mine is routed:

LoveFabFinal080510013_zps5731865c.jpg

NSXDownforce028.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, oil smoke out the exhaust. It was intermittent. Normally just pulling away at a stop light or after a hard pull. I tried to simplify my drain line as much as possible for better flow...but never got rid of the smoke.
My valve covers are vented to a SOS catch can setup. The can has a breather to atmosphere and a line back to the intake with a one way valve for vacuum. I don't know if I have a pic, but let me know and I can take one.

Yes, I'm interested to see how you have worked the line between the catch can and the intake?
Do you have the spec of the one way valve?
I was so fed up with the oil smell in the engine bay that I simply vented the output of a Moroso catch can to a tube that ends under the engine.
No more fumes and no oil under the car when I park it.

Last edited:
Are you guys running journal bearing turbos? If so, go ball bearing, they require sooo little oil, any slope at all will drain just fine.

Back