• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blodi's Lovefab LF600 Engine and Turbo Build...

always amazes me how much head honda gave us.....small block huge heads....

More progress today. SOS oil pump/gears showed up and engine is just about ready to install by the sound of things....
Can't wait until I can post such progress pictures, your car is going to be transformed into quite the giggle machine!

Brian

Grown men don't giggle in LoveFab boosted NSX's...........................ok, maybe a little.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jipKJm5SZrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice video, I can understand the giggling but jeeze................

Anyhow, why downshift with that much power? It's nice to lay on the gas at 4krpm's and feel the boost come on and then vtec. 6k-8k although fun, lasts about 1.5 seconds.

Grown men don't giggle in LoveFab boosted NSX's...........................ok, maybe a little.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jipKJm5SZrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice video, I can understand the giggling but jeeze................

Anyhow, why downshift with that much power? It's nice to lay on the gas at 4krpm's and feel the boost come on and then vtec. 6k-8k although fun, lasts about 1.5 seconds.

This is the old LoveFab shop car that is pushing ~600rwhp in the video...but was designed to make much more than that so the turbo doesn't really come on until 5-6K. This was 3 1/2 years ago and my first time driving the car.

You poppin wheelies yet?

Get 'er done by PP!

I would say if the momentum continues here, might be done in a couple weeks? Purely my guess based on nothing. Cody still has to finish buttoning up the motor install, install the turbo setup (which is comprised of some new and old parts that weren't originally designed together so they need a bit of fab work. The car is also getting a new fuel pump, coolant hoses, KW's, Stoptechs up front and an AEM serial gauge. So there is a fair amount to do still. Can't wait though and happy to see all of the progress made here.

My wife was up near LoveFab today for work, so she stopped in and snapped a few pics for me....
The turbo is partially done and Stoptechs are installed up front!
I'm thinking I'll probably go ahead and remove the "supercharged" sticker off the back now when it gets back. :)

cbn by blodi, on Flickr

tretewrt by blodi, on Flickr

image2 by blodi, on Flickr

sadfasdfa by blodi, on Flickr

asdfasd by blodi, on Flickr

photo by blodi, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just an update. Car is mechanically all done. It was started the other night for the first time, broken in yesterday and driven a bit. Sounds like all is well so far and full tuning happens today! Hopefully I'll have some hp results to share soon!

Hope it goes better than this!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nyWtoY7hW2k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brian

Results so far.....
379rwhp @ 6 psi
470rwhp @ 10 psi

Interesting to see just how much more efficient the turbo is @ 10psi since I was running basically 10 psi on the bbsc and getting 431rwhp, and that was on higher compression.

Still another 5 psi to go........results a bit later today. Hopefully picking up the car tomorrow!

Awesome!

Results so far.....
379rwhp @ 6 psi
470rwhp @ 10 psi

Interesting to see just how much more efficient the turbo is @ 10psi since I was running basically 10 psi on the bbsc and getting 431rwhp, and that was on higher compression.

Still another 5 psi to go........results a bit later today. Hopefully picking up the car tomorrow!

Hope it turns out to be everything you wanted - should be a fun 4 and 1/2 hour ride home. Don't "feed the bears." :biggrin:

Fantastic! Can't wait to see the end result!

Happy to report the car is back home. It made the 240 mile trip home with zero drama and a lot of fun had. Pulls stupid stupid hard, I really wasn't ready for it the first time it spooled. I'll let Cody chime in on the dyno results. As stated above, it measured 480rwhp. He and I both believe that is not accurate. It certainly feels like waaaay more than a 50whp gain over where I was......in a few weeks I might get it to the local dyno and see what she puts down. Thank you to Cody for this build and for pushing to get it done before he heads to Pikes Peak. I know he has a ridiculous amount of work on his plate and pushed hard to get this complete for me.

A few (blurry cell phone) pics and video from the day, I'll post some better ones later of the setup......

IMG_20130616_105140 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20130616_105939 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20130616_112028 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20130616_115528 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20130616_205317 by blodi, on Flickr

IMG_20130616_204049 by blodi, on Flickr

Video...from 80 in 3rd (in Mexico).......smoke is due to oil being overfilled currently and remember, this a used turbo with some slightly tired seals.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51678948@N00/9068370492/

Last edited:
Glad for you to have it back.

Mexico, huh? I didn't know US-10 ran through there :wink:

Back