• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blodi's Lovefab LF600 Engine and Turbo Build...

Woke up this morning to a couple messages and a dyno plot in my inbox. Not a bad way to start my birthday.......
This is as 12psi. Really solid for the LoveFab heartbreaker dyno.

IMG_20140718_012435_025 by blodi, on Flickr

Sounds like the car is running great so far and will get to the Honda Meet! Pretty impressive stuff Cody.

decent torque at 12psi and in the middle of rpm range.

happy birthday and what a gift! getting close....

Hopefully third time's the charm!

It took me four hours to adjust the valves with the engine out of the car (I read from Kaz it takes him that long too). Took me a good half hour just to get the timing belt tension perfect. Even for someone with a lot of experience, I can't see rushing something like this. Time pressure and "summit fever" are huge human performance error contributors. I hope #3 goes for many, many miles, but I would have refused if he insisted on rushing my engine rebuild... unless there is some warranty.

Hmm. I think it took me about the same amount of time to do the valve adjustment with the engine in the car. I would have thought you could do it in a fraction of the time with the engine out. Let do hope that the third time is a charm. My first engine was stock and I ran too much boost with no intercooler for a stock engine...I knew better and time ran out before we could get an intercooler setup built for my BBSC. The last LF600 build failed because of the aforementioned meth injection hydrolocking the motor. The tune looked completely solid up to the sleeve failure looking at the logs.

At any rate...Cody put ~500 miles on the car this weekend driving it to the event and on track. So it got good highway break in miles, and good testing shakedown miles on the track. No oil burned, no fluids leaking. Mechanically, the car has been shaken down pretty heavy. Some more tuning on the dyno this week and a new uego setup going in. Gonna break that stubborn 500rwhp mark. Planning riding up Friday if all goes as planned with Brian in the purple boost monster NSX as that car needs final tuning at LoveFab. So, should have the car back this weekend.

Last edited:
Turns out the above graph was actually at 10.5 psi...impressive....stay tuned for 12. New uego setup installed yesterday. We postponed our trip to pick up the car yesterday one week for various reasons on all ends. Shooting to pick up this coming Friday. There is at least still some summer left.

Last edited:
What a friggen awesome day yesterday! Thanks to Brian again for giving me a lift up to LoveFab in the evil purple beast which put down some big numbers an a very conservative dyno.
The car is home...it's stupid scary fast and made the 200+ mile drive home with no drama. Drove it into work this morning. Plan on driving the wheels off it for what is left of the warm weather here now.

A few pics of the day and Brian's car doing it's big pull at 17psi.

IMG_0437 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0440 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0473 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0474 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0470 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0490 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0475 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0504 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0472 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0505 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0508 by blodi, on Flickr
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1200" height="675" data="https://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-US&photo_secret=fa27ed27d5&photo_id=14785814616&hd_default=false"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf"></param><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="https://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-US&photo_secret=fa27ed27d5&photo_id=14785814616&hd_default=false" width="1200" height="675"></embed></object>

Last edited:
awesome! so... what did the dyno reach? Did you crack 500 on the heartbreaker?

awesome! so... what did the dyno reach? Did you crack 500 on the heartbreaker?

So close...496. But I'm running outta fuel on the 750cc injectors so don't want to push them much farther. Now that we've taken the meth out and the rear bank vtec is working, it's demanding a lot more fuel.

I also don't mind under-stressing the motor for a while. I also can't imagine needing much more power....and after seeing Brians face after he got his first ride with Cody in his after tuning....I think I'm good haha.

...and on any other dyno...it's probably 550rwhp...so I'm plenty happy.

So close...496. But I'm running outta fuel on the 750cc injectors so don't want to push them much farther. Now that we've taken the meth out and the rear bank vtec is working, it's demanding a lot more fuel.

I also don't mind under-stressing the motor for a while. I also can't imagine needing much more power....and after seeing Brians face after he got his first ride with Cody in his after tuning....I think I'm good haha.

...and on any other dyno...it's probably 550rwhp...so I'm plenty happy.
Brian's face :eek:nthego:

Let's schedule that dyno time!

Thanks for the help, Ryan!

Brian

1.5 month update. Car is running great. Had a small exhaust leak that Cody helped me diagnose.
Fun fact: I was looking at the internal logs today. My car (without downshifting to my tall 2nd in my 5 speed) in third gear does 50-100 mph in..... 2.5 seconds. Yeah.

1.5 month update. Car is running great. Had a small exhaust leak that Cody helped me diagnose.
Fun fact: I was looking at the internal logs today. My car (without downshifting to my tall 2nd in my 5 speed) in third gear does 50-100 mph in..... 2.5 seconds. Yeah.

I would not trust that number. The Enzo and the Porsche Carrera GT both do 60-100 in 3.2s, the McLaren F1 in 3.1 and the Mclaren MP4-12C in 2.9. Most of the pros use Driftbox for their performance metrics along with Rennlist along with drag slips but since most of their runs are 60-100 and now 60-130 they use the Driftbox to verify results.

Lets get some video of that.

I can strap a GoPro to my car this Sunday if you want footage of a pull. I noticed there are a couple of NSX owners in FH, it'll be cool to do a cruise to Bakers.

We could all meet up somewhere. Ekin95 is right by me as well. I did just get a lot of good footage taken with DTRockStar1 a couple weekends ago. He just hasn't gotten it edited yet.

Last edited:
Thanks Hass!.....and Chris's latest video of it......
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UfUoYzv-7qY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would not trust that number. The Enzo and the Porsche Carrera GT both do 60-100 in 3.2s, the McLaren F1 in 3.1 and the Mclaren MP4-12C in 2.9. Most of the pros use Driftbox for their performance metrics along with Rennlist along with drag slips but since most of their runs are 60-100 and now 60-130 they use the Driftbox to verify results.

I did another good pull in it since you are right, that seemed really optimistic. Logged 60-100 in 3.5 seconds....with a short shift from 2nd to 3rd due to wheelspin. Seems much more realistic.

First official sign of Spring is the LoveFab rig in your driveway. Should be a quick in and out to replace my fuel pump which decided to check out over the winter. (2 year old Aeromotive). A few other odds and ends including some Affinity Aero love. Looking forward to a fun summer!
IMG_2135 by blodi, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back