• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Don't buy this 2005 nsx on ebay.. JH4NA21695S000025

Is there still existing damage on the car?

I would think an 05 for $42k would be enough of a tip off that something isn't right.

If someone wants to take the risk when the ad clearly states "Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed" title then I have no sympathy for them.

here is the negative comment on his seller page from the potential NSX buyer

"wasted $2000 going out to see car grossly misrepresented many problems with car"

I wonder if that person could tell us what was wrong with the car.

I will try and email the buyer

- - - Updated - - -

I just emailed the buyer. see what he says

the ad clearly states the car has reconstructed title, so it's not the seller's fault if potential buyer does not read the ad carefully. i think it's priced fairly for an 05 and if fixed properly there is nothing wrong with reconstructed title NSX. Shawn here fixes many nsxs' that have been in accident with reconstructed title so I don't see why it's a big deal!

the ad clearly states the car has reconstructed title, so it's not the seller's fault if potential buyer does not read the ad carefully. i think it's priced fairly for an 05 and if fixed properly there is nothing wrong with reconstructed title NSX. Shawn here fixes many nsxs' that have been in accident with reconstructed title so I don't see why it's a big deal!

Agree completely, I have no idea what the others are talking about. It's priced fairly, probably about $20,000 less than a virgin 05.

I never bashed the car, just wanted to know what else was wrong with the car and how much would it take to make it right again.

I emailed the buyer that left the negative comments to ask him what else was wrong. no reply as of yet.

I emailed the buyer that left the negative comments to ask him what else was wrong. no reply as of yet.

I was looking at this car and almost didn't notice it was rebuilt/salvage... until I ran the carfax. Did you ever get a response from the buyer that backed out?

Obviously the bumpers and hood would need to be redone. Paint doesn't really match and the ebay hood/bumper don't fit.. Engine bay looks pretty dirty.

Otherwise though, who knows? If the frame is straight and the mechanicals are OK maybe it's worth spending a few bucks to recondition.

it sold poor sucker that purchased it.

if you guys notice its an aftermarket front bumper prob duraflew cheapo can get them for 500

as you can see the lower lip is molded to the lower bumper this is crap and the hood doesn't line up with the bumper because they didn't know how to line it up per Honda spec ( yes there is a trick ) to line it up.

I hope the person that buys is doesn't have problems if so I will help.

- - - Updated - - -

660210F3-F723-4242-8D4D-2B8B6F07EEBA_zpstq7gk4tx.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

example of what they purchased

crap.jpg

Hi guys I took the leap and purchased this 2005 NSX with the VIN # JH4na21695s000025 after I had the car taken to and gone over by Walker Acura in New Orleans. The Service Manager (also a NSX owner) did a overall review of the car for me. He said the car is in very good shape. I then flew out my mechanic and fellow NSX owner to look at the car after hearing all the chatter about this vehicle. I found the police report and the picture of the car damage thanks to you guys on NSXPrime. Not all that significant in the scope of things. My mechanic did his review and he completed the purchase of the car for me and drove it back to Phoenix (1,500 miles) and he said the car drove great. I need a windshield sprayer nozzle and a O-2 sensor replaced. The car is in great shape and beautiful. I looked for an NSX for a year and now I've got one.

Congrats on the car. Just an fyi. That bumper doesn't have the proper holes for the lower tow hook cover and the two upper covers that access the two bumper bolts. That being said, you don't have access to the tow hook and the front bumper is missing two bolts that tighten it. I attached a picture of where the holes should be.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417060806500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417060806500.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 641
Thanks Rusted Nailz. I'll look into that. My car is going into the Acura dealership in Scottsdale on Friday to do the work that needs to get done. I'll ask them about that. I'm also going to raise the car a bit so it can get over speed bumps and such. I'm not a racer I'm a pleasure driver. Thanks again.

Congrats Olie on the purchase, good to hear you went in eyes open and knew what you we're doing. I think salvage gets such a knock because it's meaning can be so variable. Seems in this case the front end damage was a) known and you were able to uncover the event behind it, and b) enough to trigger the insurance write off but not enough to keep a deserving car off the road. Good luck with it, b

Congrats on the car. Just an fyi. That bumper doesn't have the proper holes for the lower tow hook cover and the two upper covers that access the two bumper bolts. That being said, you don't have access to the tow hook and the front bumper is missing two bolts that tighten it. I attached a picture of where the holes should be.

You can access all three bolts from behind the bumper since its one piece, lot of room in the back.

Back