• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are there any other dudes out there that love cats?

Since my wife and I both work, we choose to have cats. Settled on the Bengal breed.
Dogs are OK, but take too much time to "do it right". Unfortunately most owners don’t want to invest the time in their dogs to ensure good behavior and health.

Very loyal, loves to walk on a leash...plays fetch....etc. (the cat, not my wife) The cat actually brings me her leash to go out. She has all her claws yet hasn't used anything but her scratching post. No mess ever, you'd never know we have a cat in the house. Where you’ll take time to take a dog out for a walk, you just need to take the time to clean “the cat box” multiple times a day, to encourage good behavior and health. Bengals also don't shed, except in the spring when they blow their coat.

The Bengal breed is pretty cool. Smart too and again, behavior is closer to a dog than a typical cat.
It's already been said, but most pet owners don't want to invest the time in properly taking care of either a cat or dog..so from my experience stories of bad behavior always come back to the owner. My brother has had 3 pit bulls and they are the gentlest, most lovable dogs you could ever want... My brother then, being a pit bull lover, never really like cats until he met our Bengals…he loves the bread now.

PICT1953.jpg

And she loves to ride in the car.DSC00021a.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OFro7RlKzE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like cats and dogs. There's pros and cons to both usually. But cats I like because of their low maintenance.

I echo these thoughts exactly. Although I hope to have a dog one day when I'm settled. Being single, I like to be able to grab my stuff and go.....and with cats....I can leave some extra food and not worry about them.

But I do want a dog.....mans best friend. :smile:

Those Bengals are beautiful cats.

Always had cats grown up and I've had Edsel for 10 years almost now. He sleeps near/on my head every night.

I had cats growing up too. My mom at one point had six.

My current two sleep with me and my wife...though Meeko favors me and sleeps near my head. Lately he has taken to climbing on to my chest and licking my face...this morning I was lying on my side and somehow he managed to lie down balancing on my arm.

Mushu takes turns, usually sleeping on or between my wife or my legs...but occasionally wants to be under our armpits. It's really cute when he wants to be closer...he usually head butts our arm or chest to let us know.

How much do I love cats? I'm highly allergic to them and yet I have two.....

Likewise....well, was highly allergic at one time. I went through a few years of shots when I was a kid.

Last edited:
With the warm weather coming and my cats extreme hairball problem, it was time for drastic measures!

I iz lion, rawr!

Attachments

• IMG_20130515_173038.jpg
    IMG_20130515_173038.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 329
Remember Kelly from page one?
DSCN1464.jpg
Well, she had her babies!
Here they are at ONE week old. :)
DSCN1485.jpg
=DREW=

Last edited:
I didn't realize I'd like cats as much as I do. All of my experiences with cats have been with scratchy hissy cats, so my view was skewed. My GF loves cats and we ended up getting two Japanese Bobtails. I literally was like, "man, Japan must have some cool ass cat" and I Googled "Japanese Cat" and found the breed which I've fallen in love with. They're very cool, sweet and extremely intelligent. Not to mention awesome hunters which really makes me happy for some reason.

First we got Spoon, she's almost 1.
8743165746_c149462223_c.jpg

You can see that her tail is naturally short, she looks like a bunny.
8743171018_e2c404314c_c.jpg

We knew we had to get her a homie so a couple months later we got Izzy, she's almost 5.
8742050387_03dae56c33_c.jpg

They immediately bonded and have been good friends ever since.
8743165378_7b5026cbee_c.jpg

8742049017_1ba9080e4a_c.jpg

^^^They're cool!^^^
I can't wait for Kelly's babies to get old enough to play with. I gave the wrong age, They're only one week old..
They haven't even opened their eyes yet.

(Previous post has been edited:smile:).
=DREW=

Those Bengals are beautiful cats.

I had cats growing up too. My mom at one point had six.

My current two sleep with me and my wife...though Meeko favors me and sleeps near my head. Lately he has taken to climbing on to my chest and licking my face...this morning I was lying on my side and somehow he managed to lie down balancing on my arm.

Mushu takes turns, usually sleeping on or between my wife or my legs...but occasionally wants to be under our armpits. It's really cute when he wants to be closer...he usually head butts our arm or chest to let us know.

Likewise....well, was highly allergic at one time. I went through a few years of shots when I was a kid.

lol. our cats have the same name. I spell mine Mikko though. that's awesome! he's turned so many people over the years into cat fans. seriously he's one of the coolest cats I've ever met. I'm pretty lucky.
8e8ypaje.jpg

^My 15 year-old Siamese, Zoro. He's 100% blind but he still catches birds once in a while using sound to locate them. This photo was taken before he was blind, about 4 years ago.

^This photo just cracks me up. Poor dove.

^Crystal. She's almost 14 years-old. When my kids (now almost 25, and 26 years-old) were young, I asked them if they wanted to stop and look at a pet store when we were out. They did but they wanted to get another cat. We only had Zoro then, along with 2 German Shepherds. I told them we could get another cat on one condition; It had to have blue eyes. I figured it was safe to assume no cats in the store would have blue eyes. They were just kittens that people paid the store to take off their hands, to find homes. Well, Crystal was there and she had blue eyes. She came home with us.

Last edited:
I have my porm for years, added 2 cats last year. I felt like my dog is always my little kid, who aim to please and occasionally do naughty things. Which my both cats were turning from needy children to trouble teens. They will come to you when they need food. They snap back whenever they felt like, they have their own mind, they afraid of being discipline and would run away, but will do that again if opportunity arise.

love them to death.

View attachment 101276

391727_10151108211943402_1029374004_n.jpg

Attachments

• 391727_10151108211943402_1029374004_n.jpg
    391727_10151108211943402_1029374004_n.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 236
Back