• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

is this car for real???? JH4NA115XMT000917

St Croix is the only Island That I'm unfamiliar with,but it is the largest.It would be most accesable to our Purto Rican buyers.

Then again could of been owned by a very big guy/gurl and that could of cause the seat wear?!

Look in pretty great shape. I can have that engine looking new again. N/p :wink:

I'm not scheduled to visit St Croix again until March 2014

Someone else needs to take a vacation and check this one out and drive it home :rolleyes:

driving it home could be an issue...due to the water issue...lol....i know what sea water does from sandy first hand up here in new york...

i wonder if there are any modifications that would have to be ndone to register here in states...if it was white i would have been there already...like to see what happens if a primer acts on it.....

- - - Updated - - -

also whatelse could we put in container with car????????????????

Since I´m on St. Croix at the moment, if anyone is seriously interested I could check on the car.

I think its a point of curiosity to have a Primer confirm its really there, condition, etc.

price is very high so serious interested parties will be few

-

This was my listing. the car is legit. Welcome inspection. Also there are photos of the method of storing. I supplied images as is, rather than doctored artificial after detailing. The listing is to advise the car is available, and negotiation of price. Original one owner car. Owner is in his mid 80's. Any and all questions welcome to the e-mail on the web-site www.islands.cc/nsx One of your group has already signed on for an inspection tomorrow afternoon.

very nice.If I were going to have a mega yacht with a car it would be an nsx.Perfect island exotic.

i checked it out. i passed on it.

Last edited:
i checked it out. i passed on it.

Any additional information or first-hand impressions would surely be appreciated by others on Prime that may be interested in the vehicle.

-
Tropicvi : Welcome to Prime.
We see lots of advertisements on the Internet that require some due diligence before taking them seriously
Usually abnormally low priced cars or really low mileage cars tend to raise a few eyebrows
I am not sure if you have done so yet, check out the NSX for sale section here on Prime and perhaps post an ad there following the template.
That will give your car the highest visibility here on Prime.
-

wow thats alot of rust/oxidation of that rear strut bar for a "container" find.....however I wonder if that is possible stored on a small caribean island....interesting.

It sure looks like it has been sitting out in some salty air or been in a hurricane or two. Lots of oxidation.
Otherwise it seems like it looks to be in decent shape. But the tire wear doesn't seem to fit the mileage. I know NSX's are rough on tires, but it seems like there would be more tread left.
The seats may just be very dried out? ? ? Salt Water ? ? ?
This car needs lots of maintenance... clean up. At $50k I would pass.
But I'm guessing it is probably the only NSX there. Some wealthy tourist or NSX enthusiast might buy it and get it back to being a real beauty.
The spare tire in the trunk looks in great shape.
I noticed the engine cover has a hole in it where mine had one. I never did figure out what would have cause it. I replaced the insulator on my engine cover, so no more hole.

I'm interested to hear more from rwdforlife who checked it out personally and passed. Or anybody else who has had a good look at it.

OK ladies and gents, I did a mini inspection on the car today. Firstly, the posted pics doesn´t do the owner justice since they were taken before he cleaned the car.
I met David (tropicvi on this thread) and the owner, Percy, who were very open and pleasant to deal with. We talked about cars and racing, since Percy is a big F1 (Lotus) fan. It´s always fun talking to another motorsport enthusiast. I believe the mileage is legit (some have questioned it) because the radiator and condenser fins are almost like new and the paint on the front bumper is 8/10. The owner also had yearly registration papers that showed the accrued mileage. Sure, there is some oxidation, but none of it excessive or deal breaking. In fact anyone who owns a vehicle on a tropical Island or near the coast knows how corrosive salt spray can be. The car was kept in a purpose built wooden container adjacent to the owners house. And I must say, other the areas around the door that has oxidation, as seen in the pictures, the overall paint is in really good condition. Thought I am not an expert body guy, I saw no signs of a repaint or an accident. Services on the car needs to be updated, which might a bargaining chip for any potential owner, since the owner mentioned that he will have to fly in a mechanic from Puerto rico. There were a few other common wear items e.g. engine glass cover struts, but the car is a 91. Overall, I would I give this car in its current condition a 7/10.

Last edited:
One of your members from Germany inspected the car today. I am sure he will report soon. I will not comment on his findings. However, I have added on the web site the original order for the car dated Oct 5, 1990. the build date is Oct 1990, as it was an order, not buy off a lot. When he bought his Lotus years prior, he waited 4 years for that car, so not prone to spontaneous buys. Also shown is a copy of the 1991 registration and the current 2013 registration in the same name. And no Photoshop changes, for you seriously negative individuals. The 1996 title shows 3191 miles. Your "inspector" also saw photos of the storage system, and the site of storage.

Back on the market and with a more reasonable price. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell.

1991, right color combo 4,276 miles, valid price. Hits all the appropriate check boxes.

IMG_2894_zpsf91614fa.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...1422&item=291056991422&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

by just looking at the pictures, looks like the car has stayed in a very moist environment of it's entire life. For a car with 4k miles, interior and engine bay should look new and spot less.

As expected...
AutoCheck Record Summary:​
AutoCheck has located 0 records for this vehicle in the National Vehicle Database.
At this time we are unable to provide any vehicle history for the VIN you have requested. Please check back at a later date when information may be available.
Thank you for using AutoCheck!​

The car won't come up on Autocheck and Carfax because it was never registered in the United States. Yes the engine bay isn't perfect because it stayed on an island its entire life, but the undercarriage looks brand new! The car also runs and drives like a new car as well. If anyone has any questions feel free to get ahold of me and I'd be happy to answer!
Thanks
Dan

The German guy who bought that car two years ago reports that it has been stolen out of a garage recently where her stored it...

Back