• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

is this car for real???? JH4NA115XMT000917

saw this car on ebay...listed as one of the first run nsx produced..been in storage in container in us virgin islands with only 4k on clock for an original 91....http://islands.cc/nsx...use this link to see photos...car looks clean except the driver seat shows a lot of wear for a car with only 4k...they are asking 75k for the car...the seats show more wear than mine with 40k on my 93,,,,,hope it is true and this car stays original and finds a great home here in the states...

Agreed. A lot of wear to the driver side bolster for a <5K mile auto. I'm assuming the hood isn't fully latched either. For such a unicorn, you'd figure they'd pay a little more attention to detail before posting photos. Engine bay pics are particularly unflattering. Perhaps they're looking for a "preservation" class award. Maybe someone can run the VIN and shed some additional light. $75k? Good luck. In its current condition, I don't see it getting close to that figure.

Storage container does not make sense. I would move along and not waste much time.

I get a url not found message.....please revise the link..i have some experience in the usvi.

http://www.islands.cc/nsx/

And I agree that seat has way too much wear for a car that's been in storage for 20 years and has only 4k miles. Plus it may be the angle of the pic but something looks "off" with that odometer.

Last edited:
wow thats alot of rust/oxidation of that rear strut bar for a "container" find.....however I wonder if that is possible stored on a small caribean island....interesting.

it prob rolled over in miles, the wear on the seat is not consistant with miles. def consistant with high miles

wow thats alot of rust/oxidation of that rear strut bar for a "container" find.....however I wonder if that is possible stored on a small caribean island....interesting.

Heck Yes! That's a TON of oxidation! :eek:
Addtionally, sprea tire is missing and the left exhaust tip is crooked.
This poor NSX needs a good home but not for $75k.

Heck Yes! That's a TON of oxidation! :eek:
Addtionally, sprea tire is missing and the left exhaust tip is crooked.
This poor NSX needs a good home but not for $75k.

The spare is in the boot if you look further down on the images in the link.
I would rather buy a car that has been used and maintained than one that hasn't turner a wheel in 20 years and been locked away in a steel box.

It looks like it needs a lot of work before condition matches the mileage.

all those years on a tropical island, the oxidation makes sense, the miles do too. Seat wear could be from owner plus many people just wanting to sit in the car over the years. A NSX that was actually driven in VI wouldnt last a month before it fell apart with how rough the roads are and crazy drivers. I think it looks and seems legit, no way a miles rollover like someone said earlier.

Maybe the owner just used to sit in it everyday and imagined driving it up and down the roads.

The spare is in the boot if you look further down on the images in the link.
I would rather buy a car that has been used and maintained than one that hasn't turner a wheel in 20 years and been locked away in a steel box.

:confused:
I'm sorry - perhaps I'm completely LOST but I'm not seeing it.

Cover the flights, scuba bag fees, high-end lodging, and per diem for my wife and I... We would be happy to fly down to check it out. :cool:

Agree that the seat is not consistent with mileage, I've seen mint NSXs, this simply isn't one

-

In all actuality you could daily drive that car on St thomas or St john and only have those many miles...so the locked in a box statement may be fabricated.the main roads are not too bad.

In all actuality you could daily drive that car on St thomas or St john and only have those many miles...so the locked in a box statement may be fabricated.the main roads are not too bad.

That's very true.

My questions to seller -

Interesting car, condition, mileage
why is the driver's seat condition inconsistent with the low mileage?
Those two don't add up
Were fluids removed from the car prior to storage?
Which island are you/the car located on?

Email reply from seller-

Thank you for the response.
The car was stored in a mini garage on a concrete slab. It was removed periodically to drive, and not long distances since the island is only 23 miles long.
Fluids not removed.
Some parts have been ordered and next week the mechanic will work on it then the car detailed. The pictures shown are exactly as is, after a quick wash.
It is a one owner vehicle (my stepson's father, now in his mid 80's purchased it as a special order).
The mileage is accurate at 4223 shown on the image. Carfax has no record of the car, as it has never been in the USA, just here on St Croix since new in 1991.
As to why you see the seat inconsistent with mileage I don't have an answer. It is the same reason he kept a his Lotus race care stored in his yard since the 1960's. That car was recently purchased for display in a hotel in Jamaica, where it was raced in the late 50's and early 60's

-

That sort of response sounds like its coming from a legit and honest person. He didn't bullshit you.

I followed up with a question:

Is the car available for visual inspection with appointment?

He replied: Yes

-------------------------------------------------------------

To the original poster's question, kinda sounds like the car might be "for real"

Worst case, you have a nice trip to St Croix
(take your scuba gear, nice dive ops, Ed and Molly, in Christiansted for north shore and west shore dives)
http://www.stcroixscuba.com/

well I have been on prime long enough to know we are not always right. LOL

98% of the time Prime can smell something but this might be one of those 2% 'ers

Maybe they spent lots of seat time just sitting behind the wheel not going anywhere. Charged tourists to come sit in it for pictures.
It might be the real deal. Who's taking a vacation to the Caribbean and coming home with a NSX & a tan?

This would be a perfect excuse if I was married - honey, I have to go there to see it because if it checks out we can make lots of money from flipping this car!

Back