• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Imola 4 Sale in Virginia JH4NA216X3T000039

Last edited:
I was interested in this car. Ran the auto check. This is what I found. Spoke to present owner and he states car has never been in an accident. But for who ever purchases the car, just want them to know what auto check says. Car fax is clean however. Present owner has put 40,000 miles on the car and says it runs and looks great. Recommend a good PPI before buying to rule out damage.

Last edited:
Report Run Date 2013-05-02 08:44:01.666 EDT
Vehicle: 2003 Acura NSX (JH4NA216X3T000039)
Event dateLocationOdometer reading Data SourceDetails
05/05/2003 HI 10
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:NCP91503) (Leased Vehicle)
05/05/2003 HONOLULU, HI

Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL (Leased Vehicle)
02/10/2004 HI

02/10/2004 HONOLULU, HI

01/26/2005 HI

01/26/2005 HONOLULU, HI

02/15/2006

Accident Source ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTED: RIGHT FRONT CORNER
03/01/2006 HI

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:NCP91503)
03/01/2006 HONOLULU, HI

Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/11/2006 PACIFIC SW REGION

Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FRAME DAMAGE
07/14/2006 PACIFIC SW REGION 22,417
Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
08/02/2006 PACIFIC SW REGION 22,417
Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE
08/04/2006 PACIFIC SW REGION

Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FRAME DAMAGE
08/08/2006 HILO, HI 22,417
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:NCP91506)
08/08/2006 HILO, HI

08/21/2006 HI 22,419
08/21/2006 HILO, HI

08/24/2006 HI

08/24/2006 HILO, HI

11/03/2006 HI

11/03/2006 HILO, HI

04/05/2007 HI

04/05/2007 HILO, HI

05/15/2008 HONOLULU, HI 29,460
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:11SXE208)
TITLE (Title #:NSXE208)
05/15/2008 HONOLULU, HI

05/15/2008 HONOLULU, HI

Motor Vehicle Dept. REPOSSESSED
05/23/2008 PACIFIC SW REGION 29,460
05/28/2008 PACIFIC SW REGION 29,460
Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE
05/31/2008 PACIFIC SW REGION

Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS UNIBODY DAMAGE
11/03/2008 FL 29,472
11/03/2008 FL 29,472
Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION AS DEALER VEHICLE
02/09/2009 VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 32,199
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
04/08/2009 VIRGINIA BEACH, VA

04/09/2012 VIRGINIA BEACH, VA

<tbody>
</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

Just like Red-NSX said a good PPI.. I would also check the right front for any signs of panel replacement or paint work

look at the bolts that hold on the fenders and doors. also verify the VIN tags

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else notice it looks the the owner of this car has a second Imola?

He does have 2. See this pic from his present sale.

31082496991.344751133.IM1.10.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

This pic is from the sale site - look in the back ground - Another Imola. Wow - life is good. I beleive the background car was the 2002 Imola sold in Scottsdale AZ with the Wood grain kit on the console.

Wow, I would not believed that there were two Imola Oranges in the 757 area of VA... I have seen an orange one with Volk rims a few years back on a few occasions. Would that be the other one in the back? Or did the owner get rid of the rims?

if it is the orange that recently sold i could understand the owner wanting lower mileage and a clean history car.

It makes me wonder, how would you get the report changed if Auto Check is inaccurate? Not that I think it's inaccurate. But if it were, that report will follow this car forever.

Highly doubt report is inaccurate assuming a dealer/seller ran a car through a national dealer auction such as 'Manheim' and disclosed frame or unibody damage(RED LIGHT)

Last edited:
I know :) I'm a dealer too. Just hadn't look up auction history on it .

As a dealer I would not touch any high end cars w/ a story. How can seller claim car never been in an accident- is he the original owner? If not ,there's no way in the world he knows if it has been hit or not. As a dealer you and i know seller tell you any story just to unload a car. I checked out a 993 C4S last week and he was the original owner and said car never been hit,zero paint work etc.. Guess what, it has. Not only i see evidence of paint work, my meter also verified it has. Most dealers can detect paint work even w/o 'Micro Paint Meter'.... As far as getting PPI, i doubt paint work can be detected during PPI unless tech has experience in the body work dept.....

$43,000 seems like a great deal for that car. While I do love the Imola color, the interior is certainly not my cup of tea. I would need a black interior on an Imola to make me happy.

$43,000 seems like a great deal for that car. While I do love the Imola color, the interior is certainly not my cup of tea. I would need a black interior on an Imola to make me happy.

I was actually the high bidder up til 3 seconds left, my bid was $43,000.

After some more research, the car was indeed hit as the autocheck shows. The passenger side fender color is clearly off, the seller only listed 1 pic of the pass side, purposely.

Major timing belt/water pump hasn't been done, the owners story conflicts a ton. Listed as getting divorced, yet clearly in the background you can see he picked up another Imola.

Too many questions for me in buying a car 8 hours away with major past damage. Everytime he's listed it he also writes CLEAR CARFAX. Yes, carfax may be clear but the autocheck clearly isnt and the owner knows the car has had damage.

I was willing to go 43k and take the risk, clean it up, drive it for a while then sell eventually possibly.

The more I thought about it, buying a car with significant previous damage, then factor in shipping to me (or flying down/driving back), taxes, timing belt/waterpump etc would put me well over 50k. For that kind of money, I'd rather spend some more and buy the "right" 02-05.

Was upset I didn't win it, but overall it's probably not meant to be. Curious to see who did end up with it though, the owner had it listed on autotrader for around 60k so maybe he set it up to bid himself last minute as others mentioned.

That's a shame you didn't win. I hope whoever won will enjoy it. It's a very rare color and 43k is not a bad price at all. The car's history is quite extensive, repossession and frame damage, but it's still an NSX that needs love.

I dunno guys. I think it sold. I spoke with him about the car and he told me that if I would fly up and bring a cashiers check for 40k, it was mine. At that time, the bid was at 37k. I was getting my things in order to go, but he wouldn't end the auction with just a deposit.......It only had like 24 hours left, so I couldn't get up there in time. Maybe the winner of the auction will chime in.

I dunno guys. I think it sold. I spoke with him about the car and he told me that if I would fly up and bring a cashiers check for 40k, it was mine. At that time, the bid was at 37k. I was getting my things in order to go, but he wouldn't end the auction with just a deposit.......It only had like 24 hours left, so I couldn't get up there in time. Maybe the winner of the auction will chime in.

It did sell. I spoke to the seller after the auction and he said he received a deposit. I was $100 away and 3 seconds from winning it... but decided not to bid higher due to all the previous issues the car has (significant front frame damage, unmatching paint, lack of service including timing belt waterpump etc). Was definitely a smoking deal for someone, but for me to buy the car and spend another 10k on it in shipping, tax, service, etc etc then drive it for a few years it'd easily be well over 100k miles and worth probably what this auction ended for; low 40's. Wasn't a wise investment for me when I already have one I can drive, and looks better.

- - - Updated - - -

Conveniently everywhere the car is advertised, there is only ONE passenger side photo. Exactly where it sustained previous damage.

I have an friend who was the top bidder. He put a deposit of $1000 but now the selling is giving him the run around.

My friend purchased a plane ticket to VA and while he was on the plane with the doors about to close, he got a text saying his mother was ill and he needed to fly to Boston. My friend was able to get off of the plane in time.

My friend has been trying to get back in touch with him but he hasn't had any luck. Yesterday he noticed that the autotrader ad was lowered and still for sale.

This morning I called and emailed the ad listing and the seller tells me he is in Belgium and is unable to talk.

Something is certainly wrong with this seller/car. Luckily my friend paid by paypal so his deposit is protected.

Trust your instinct when purchasing any vehicle.

Last edited:
I have an friend who was the top bidder. He put a deposit of $1000 but now the selling is giving him the run around.

My friend purchased a plane ticket to VA and while he was on the plane with the doors about to close, he got a text saying his mother was ill and he needed to fly to Boston. My friend was able to get off of the plane in time.

My friend has been trying to get back in touch with him but he hasn't had any luck. Yesterday he noticed that the autotrader ad was lowered and still for sale.

This morning I called and emailed the ad listing and the seller tells me he is in Belgium and is unable to talk.

Something is certainly wrong with this seller/car. Luckily my friend paid by paypal so his deposit is protected.

Trust your instinct when purchasing any vehicle.

Sure am happy I didn't go through this headache. Even when I spoke to the seller something sounded fishy...

In addition to the frame damage and terribly matching pictures. A HUGE red flag for me was in all the ads the car only had ONE passenger side picture, and even in that pic you can tell the horrible paint match.

Sad to see such a rare car in this condition and situation. He obviously made a mistake buying that car and is trying to unload it by letting someone else make the same mistake in paying too much for a flawed car because he is unwilling to be upfront about the car's actual condition. At the right price someone could rescue this car from this owner. And, not that I blame him, he bought the Scottsdale, AZ Imola to replace it. Bad Karma will eventually bite him for being so deceptive.

Back