• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New corvette priced at $52k

Cut corners? They've already shown in public that most of the least strongest attributes of the car have been addressed. It is going to sell very well.

Great price

Generally speaking, how much is added (on average) to the starting/base price for a moderate-to-well equipped Corvette (one that isn't bare/basic nor fully-loaded/maxed) w/ regards to packages, options, accessories, etc? Are we talking $5k, $10, $15k? An out-the-door under ~$60k Vette (as the C7 looks & presumably will perform) would be compelling...

The price is good and bad. Priced well, but it will become too common due to that fact. Still, great bang for your buck. But I'm afraid it will become boring looking quickly as the C6 did (to me at least). The C6 Z06 and ZR1 still intrigue me however... :tongue:

When C6 arrived prices dipped on C5Z's, but now C5 Z06 prices have been on the rise. I think C6Z with stay around 40-50k mark, alot of car for the money
The C7 looks like a C6 and a 2012 Camaro had a love child

When C6 arrived prices dipped on C5Z's, but now C5 Z06 prices have been on the rise. I think C6Z with stay around 40-50k mark, alot of car for the money

I don't agree(with all due respect), I almost had a 2007 C6 Z06 with 12k miles, Navi, etc for $38k a year ago. I have a feeling (just my opinion) it will dip into the lower $30's. Currently, prices are increasing, but I feel it's just the season. Wishful thinking? Maybe.... :smile:

The C7 looks like a C6 and a 2012 Camaro had a love child

I definitely agree with this. Something about those rear taillights... I'm holding judgement until I see the real deal in person.

Last edited:
Gonna start calling Z, "Z8" (for all the V8 whips he's had & planning to get)! :D

I saw the C7 at NAIAS, it's actually quite hot. A bit more clunky (chunky) than it should be, some McLaren'esque (and Honda) shrink-wrapping would do it wonders. With that said, it's definitely a head-turner. And unless one's a hardcore Corvette aficionado or traditionalist (of which there are many), the rear fascia isn't necessarily a bad thing as it fits the rest of the design/form-factor... well other than it being very Camaro'ish, as aforementioned by others.

Seems like the only downside of a sub-$60k out-the-door C7 would be the expected residuals/resale due to the ubiquity of it, again as aforementioned by others.

Stylish, 450hp, 7-speed manual, 0-60 in under 4 seconds for $52k (base price)? I think this will sell very well.

No matter the syling, it's still a vette and will be a dime a dozen within a few weeks.

Someone please LMK when you taken possession of one for that price. With the all new format, dealerships will be holding out for much more, you can bet on it.

Seems like an extremely aggressive price for an highly competent sports car. I would take one over a GTR or other common sports car.

Its an amazing car at a great price. I would love a Z51 with a fixed roof and a manual tranny!! Would make an ideal combination of fun car/track car.

I am on the list to have choice of inventory once they are on the floor for viewing off the trailor. I am unsure to hold off till the Z version hits and just LOMA WB my current c6ZO6
So far I'm not a fan of the new styling but things change their seen in person. Nonetheless I'd go with your 2nd option. WB would be sweet.

Back