• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford GT. Thoughts?

Turbo2go, prices depend on color and miles.. a 25k mile red might be $135k, but heritage brand new is $200k...

Teej, no offense here....remember I own both..... but it's laughable to say your nsx is half the attention who're of my fgt... I had a 20 something chick get OUT OF HER CAR at a busy major intersection so she could walk up to my window and ask about the car... no I'm not talking a 4 way stop sign, I mean a 6 lane 4 way intersection.
How many police pull you over to check out the car? Etc...

It ain't the same Holmes. Just ain't. Lol.

Oh yeah the power. 600 rwtq OFF OF IDLE!! 790 rwtq from 2300-5700. Yeah. Jeez you know what I went thru to get 600rwhp from my nsx...

Turbo2go, prices depend on color and miles.. a 25k mile red might be $135k, but heritage brand new is $200k...

Teej, no offense here....remember I own both..... but it's laughable to say your nsx is half the attention who're of my fgt... I had a 20 something chick get OUT OF HER CAR at a busy major intersection so she could walk up to my window and ask about the car... no I'm not talking a 4 way stop sign, I mean a 6 lane 4 way intersection.

Oh yeah the power. 600 rwtq OFF OF IDLE!! 790 rwtq from 2300-5700. Yeah. Jeez you know what I went thru to get 600rwhp from my nsx...
I remember when I had the GT we took it to the Hilton head mall. Normally the place is dead. By the time we got from the car to the mall there was a huge crowd around it. No idea where they came from. I ended up letting the wife go shop and I watched the car. Keep in mind this is when they were new and most had never seen one before. It was crazy.

Laugh all you want, good for you that you own both. The key phrase in my post is dependent on where you live. In West Michigan, you hardly ever see either, and the way mine looks, it gets 10:1 the attention than my friend Julio's 96 grn NSX which is just lowered on rims. If I lived in the greater Detroit area, I wouldn't get near the same level of attention from the same average crowd.

Even I know it's also driven by what kind of audience is around. If I were to pull up to the "hot spots" here where people like to park cars, I'm sure the swarm in an FGT would be larger than in my NSX.

I've been quietly waiting to post. I did own both (accident in the GT), and as of Monday, will once again own both. There is absolutely nothing out there that can compare to the GT. The money that I'm spending to replace my first GT is just plain ridiculous. Than again, how many cars can you buy, own for 2 1/2 years, put almost 12,000 miles on it, and get a check from the insurance company for $36,000.00 more than you paid for it. The new car, is going to cost even more. I have owned the NSX now, for over 11 years, it's the longest I've ever owned a car. I hope that I never have to sell it, I still love it's look, and to drive it. I tell everyone, the NSX is a scapel, the GT a machete. Pseirig is absolutely dead on, people stop and abandon their cars in the middle of the road to take pictures, they fall out of sunroofs to get a better look, videos etc. are a constant. I've got to call Gene, didn't know he joined the "group". There are many NSX/GT owners, I've been surprised at how many. Dave, don't sell your NSX, just add a GT to the garage. The cost of admission is ridiculous, but it seems it's going to keep climbing. A car like this will never be made again by Ford.

Oh man I would love to own a GT, there's nothing about the car visually or heritage wise I don't like about it. Love the looks, love the way it opens, loves the seats, everything. Even in my claim that where I live, they would draw similar crowds because of the way my NSX looks, once the GT pops open the doors, engine compartment, its game over... if there were 20 at my car, and 30 at the GT to start, it would end up being 5 at my car and 45 standing around the GT, including myself. Actually, i have no problems walking away from my car to check out other phat rides as I'm a car nut fan boy myself.

Roger keep us posted on # 2....

as of Monday, will once again own both.
Congrats on the pending purchase!

Much like the NSX, the Ford GT seems to get universal respect from the car community (even more so, truth be told). It is a legendary vehicle that is hard not to admire.

Roger keep us posted on # 2....
#2 is going to be much like #1, it's white/blue, currently has 3,100 miles, all stock, will use for the summer, and then ship out to MI, to the GTGuys to have necessary maintenance done, exhaust, suspension (T&A, no, not what you think!!), short shift, pulley & tune,. I'll replace the OEM original tires immediately, and have some "electronics" (blue tooth, I-pod, radar, etc) done locally ASAP.

Congrats on the pending purchase!

Much like the NSX, the Ford GT seems to get universal respect from the car community (even more so, truth be told). It is a legendary vehicle that is hard not to admire.
Thanks, having 2 icons is truly a "gift", and I love 'em both!!!!

Man I was half hoping you guys would talk me out of it, now I want one even more. And RPM217 you are right. I want to keep my NSX too. Ok I am just going to have to work a little harder and earn a bit more money. Now I want an FGT/NSX combo in the worst way. I am jealous of you guys that have that. Thanks a lot for the responses especially from the owners.

Man I was half hoping you guys would talk me out of it, now I want one even more. And RPM217 you are right. I want to keep my NSX too. Ok I am just going to have to work a little harder and earn a bit more money. Now I want an FGT/NSX combo in the worst way. I am jealous of you guys that have that. Thanks a lot for the responses especially from the owners.

Thanks to your post, I reached out to Gene, and had a great time catching up with him. Now Dave, buckle down and go get that GT before the prices go up another 20 grand. Once you have the two of these in your "collection", there's no need for anything else. "Game over"!!!

Thanks to your post, I reached out to Gene, and had a great time catching up with him. Now Dave, buckle down and go get that GT before the prices go up another 20 grand. Once you have the two of these in your "collection", there's no need for anything else. "Game over"!!!

Yall start talking trash about GT and what a piece of crap it is so maybe prices will go down..........Sure wish Ford had the balls to make a new version, or hell just release the same one...geez

i guess you gotta really like the FGT. Attention is subjective. I've had people follow me home to ask me a question or get a picture of my car, im sure we have all had a story like that in anything from a custom lexus to an nsx. I appreciate the FGT, but for the price point na 06-08 lambo murci roadster would be my choice for sound and looks alone. FGT= lots of looks and recognizable appreciation(much like a stock nsx). ANY COLOR murci roadster=hard dicks, wet panties, photoshoots for pro shooters, weekend shooters, cell phones shooters, little kids posters, big kids posters, computer screens shots and a shit eating grin from the owner as he lifts the door and fires it up!! well thats what i saw.:smile:

Can't resist....

600821_481283071940173_1747350396_n.jpg

Man I just did a quick check on autotrader, their pries have gone way up!! I had seen some around $140ish, now some are selling at $400?! Is it totally unrealistic to get one under 150?

Looked for 3 months. Couldn't find anything for under 200K. Word is that a fair number of them were in accidents and there were no reports because of concerns of depreciation so Carfax etc are worthless. The other concern was "washed" cars from Hurricane Sandy.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been quietly waiting to post. I did own both (accident in the GT), and as of Monday, will once again own both. There is absolutely nothing out there that can compare to the GT. The money that I'm spending to replace my first GT is just plain ridiculous. Than again, how many cars can you buy, own for 2 1/2 years, put almost 12,000 miles on it, and get a check from the insurance company for $36,000.00 more than you paid for it. The new car, is going to cost even more. I have owned the NSX now, for over 11 years, it's the longest I've ever owned a car. I hope that I never have to sell it, I still love it's look, and to drive it. I tell everyone, the NSX is a scapel, the GT a machete. Pseirig is absolutely dead on, people stop and abandon their cars in the middle of the road to take pictures, they fall out of sunroofs to get a better look, videos etc. are a constant. I've got to call Gene, didn't know he joined the "group". There are many NSX/GT owners, I've been surprised at how many. Dave, don't sell your NSX, just add a GT to the garage. The cost of admission is ridiculous, but it seems it's going to keep climbing. A car like this will never be made again by Ford.

Roger. Glad that you are replacing the car. Even though ridiculous, it is kinda like buying Google, just gonna get better:biggrin:. The car combo that seems to be most popular is NSX/GT and NSX/R8.

Would be a great pic if that POS Ford wasn't in it.......
Still Jealous I see!!!
The owner of the car posted the pictures in the GT forum as well!!!!

Maybe a Porsche CGT :smile:

i guess you gotta really like the FGT. Attention is subjective. I've had people follow me home to ask me a question or get a picture of my car, im sure we have all had a story like that in anything from a custom lexus to an nsx. I appreciate the FGT, but for the price point na 06-08 lambo murci roadster would be my choice for sound and looks alone. FGT= lots of looks and recognizable appreciation(much like a stock nsx). ANY COLOR murci roadster=hard dicks, wet panties, photoshoots for pro shooters, weekend shooters, cell phones shooters, little kids posters, big kids posters, computer screens shots and a shit eating grin from the owner as he lifts the door and fires it up!! well thats what i saw.:smile:

not quite sure what planet you live on that a stock nsx gets looks and appreciation on par with the fgt. Thats like the S2000 owners who are convinced the S gets the same level of attention as the NSX.

I agree a Murci roadster would be the shit, the sound alone would be worth it to me... but the reliability is something I'd like to have so I can put 5-10k miles per year on it and not worry about the tranny taking a dump. Saying an exotic owner doesn't care about reliability because he "can afford the repairs" is as stupid as saying an NSX owner can afford it when the engine blows because it's an NSX. It's still a lot of money i'd rather spend elsewhere.

When that FGT was next to me at Watkins Glenn I felt like a hot girl feels when suddenly an even hotter girl walks in. It's like... Wait a minute!! I thought I was the good looking fast one here... LOL

Pieserg I'm jealous. You have an ideal collection.

This is what a 'moderately' modded Ford GT did to a stock MP4-12C.
Please save the comment on these cars not made for drag race and who cares about straight line acceleration blah blah blah... Enjoy the vid :biggrin:

Last edited:
Just got my "replacement" Ford GT. Damn I did miss that car. Love the NSX, love the GT. Don't tell me you can't lust/love more than one car at a time. Last year I stopped by a small area high school auto show. 2 months ago, the kid/organizer called me, and asked if I could attend. It was originally scheduled for last Saturday (expected and got a boat load of rain), I had told him thatI would come, but had to bring the NSX as I didn't have a GT at the time. He was "that'd be great". When he called me last Friday to update the new date to this Saturday, I told him that I'd have the GT, and it was his choice as to which car I'd bring. I really thought that while last year I had brought the GT (I was just driving by, and they waved me in), that from the number of Japanese cars the kids had, they'd like the NSX, he told me in no uncertain terms, that if it was his choice, and that he knew he was speaking from all the kids, bring the GT, that they're blown away by it. Weather permitting, I'll bring the GT, it is about the kids!!!!

not quite sure what planet you live on that a stock nsx gets looks and appreciation on par with the fgt. Thats like the S2000 owners who are convinced the S gets the same level of attention as the NSX.

In my post i was speaking of my car, which is not a stock bodied nsx.:smile:

Last edited:
Back