• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford GT. Thoughts?

Pulled into the parking lot at the school that I promised to bring the GT, was immediately mobbed, before I could finish parking. My nephew's a "car nut" too (20 years old), and I've taken him on many NSX events, let him drive the car, he loves it. First time I took him in the GT, he couldn't believe the reaction difference from people. Women would abandon their cars in the middle of the street to take pictures of it. People would be cutting off other cars to get closer to take pictures (can get dangerous). People act stupid around this car. I love them both, I'm very fortunate. The scalpel and the machete, what a perfect duo!!!

Pulled into the parking lot at the school that I promised to bring the GT, was immediately mobbed, before I could finish parking. My nephew's a "car nut" too (20 years old), and I've taken him on many NSX events, let him drive the car, he loves it. First time I took him in the GT, he couldn't believe the reaction difference from people. Women would abandon their cars in the middle of the street to take pictures of it. People would be cutting off other cars to get closer to take pictures (can get dangerous). People act stupid around this car. I love them both, I'm very fortunate. The scalpel and the machete, what a perfect duo!!!

And where are the pictures....

Then what's that in your avatar? LOL

Having driven the NSX for two whole days I can say that the NSX is incredibly easy to drive. The Ford GT is a great drive as well. Believe it or not, the Ferrari, not so much.

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 648
Having driven the NSX for two whole days I can say that the NSX is incredibly easy to drive. The Ford GT is a great drive as well. Believe it or not, the Ferrari, not so much.

Eric, you'll love the NSX. You do know that the GT's shifter feel, was modeled after the NSX's. I feel with these two cars, I've got it all!!!! Next weekend will be the NSX's turn. The weekend after that, the GT will be displayed at the Greenwich Concours, an absolutely fantastic show. The Saturday is American cars, the Sunday is all others.

Take that back bumper off :))

I don't know if Gan San was impressed..

- - - Updated - - -

Jeremy Clarkson asks his money back.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/579531-Jeremy-Clarkson-Gives-Back-His-Ford-GT

1:37 on big willow is indeed very slow.
I'm far from fast driver but I was able to lap 1:31 with modded (600whp) Ford GT.

I think Jeremy clarkson can be a bit of a pompous ass, and I don't think him giving back the GT like a little whiny girl is indicative of the car having lots of issues. It is the same guy that didn't like the NSX and whines about every hybrid not having enough power. Entertaining article however. And thank you for the link.

Gansan I take more seriously, but he did say he felt his car was not aligned properly. I can tell you the driver I was running with at Watkins glen was not very skilled, and I was a better driver than he at least on that day. He did still manage to blow past me in the FGT and I never caught him, I just didn't have enough skill to make up for the deficit in car. Especially back then with a stock suspension. But the power deficit was insane.

I think the FGT will become a highly collectible classic, amongst the most collectible of all American cars. It has a ton of appeal. There is another very intriguing car coming up however, that is the new NSX.

Last edited:
I prefer the ergo, layout (45 degree slop of the center console) of the NSX.

I'm not into the retro look on cars since they looked that way back in the day when they either didn't understand aerodynamics or had very limited knowledge.

Also, the Ford GT engine is low tech compared to the current 5.0 coyote engine which is basically a 32v DOHC VTEC V8.

If you search you should be able to find guys that took the 5.0 engine redline from 7k to 8k (like a NSX level) and with some intake and exhaust mods + a proper tune they were able to bring the 5.0 to around 500HP. I believe the cams were stock.

The 2015 5.0 engine is suppose to make 475HP stock. Again, all engine.

Ford GT is how much power stock and that is with a blower. It's really soooooo yesterday....

I guess I'm just old (school).
Actually, my wife and I reasoned out that it takes 30+ years before a car design becomes "timeless" and since the GT is a refresh of the 1960s...I kinda feel that this car is a modern (maybe not coyote modern) redition of a timeless classic.

Maybe I try to put a coyote in my Pantera?

If I were a Ford kinda guy and had a Pantera and/or Ford GT i would update all of the engines with the Coyote platform.

So the new Mustang are suppose to look like an Aston Martin (like a more tough version of the current Ford Fusion) and have IRS.

I suspect that they will be selling these like hotcakes since they will capture the attention of the die-hard import guys that insist on:

1. DOHC
2. IRS

LET BE VERY CLEAR.......Anyone out there with a GT40 that wants to trade.........hit me up on a pm........I like my NSX, its my 2nd, but i would give my left nut for the GT40. and I don't care what motor is in it.......

- - - Updated - - -

If I were a Ford kinda guy and had a Pantera and/or Ford GT i would update all of the engines with the Coyote platform.

So the new Mustang are suppose to look like an Aston Martin (like a more tough version of the current Ford Fusion) and have IRS.

I suspect that they will be selling these like hotcakes since they will capture the attention of the die-hard import guys that insist on:

1. DOHC
2. IRS

Would be great if Ford had the balls to build a Aston Martin styled super car. I think they could sell a ton of them and put Cadillac to shame,,the CTS is ugly, very fast but ugly. Hell my Pontiac G8 GXP made the CTS look like crap.....just an idea

........Would be great if Ford had the balls to build a Aston Martin styled super car. I think they could sell a ton of them and put Cadillac to shame,,the CTS is ugly, very fast but ugly. Hell my Pontiac G8 GXP made the CTS look like crap.....just an idea

Erection much?

2015-2.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang1.jpeg

Conclusion: American cars are moving forward and the new NSX is moving backwards in the sexiness dept.

It will be a matter of time when history repeats itself on teh Mustang forums:

I just raped the new NSX with me new Mustang

"too bad the new one wasn't as special as the old one"
"what's up with the guys at honda always playing catch up with the HP?"

Low tech or no, that motor with stock injectors, head, fuel pump etc can reliably push 800 rwhp on a blower, and 900 on a turbo, with 91 octane gas.

I prefer the ergo, layout (45 degree slop of the center console) of the NSX.

I'm not into the retro look on cars since they looked that way back in the day when they either didn't understand aerodynamics or had very limited knowledge.

Also, the Ford GT engine is low tech compared to the current 5.0 coyote engine which is basically a 32v DOHC VTEC V8.

If you search you should be able to find guys that took the 5.0 engine redline from 7k to 8k (like a NSX level) and with some intake and exhaust mods + a proper tune they were able to bring the 5.0 to around 500HP. I believe the cams were stock.

The 2015 5.0 engine is suppose to make 475HP stock. Again, all engine.

Ford GT is how much power stock and that is with a blower. It's really soooooo yesterday....

Erection much?

2015-2.jpg

2015-Ford-Mustang1.jpeg

Conclusion: American cars are moving forward and the new NSX is moving backwards in the sexiness dept.

It will be a matter of time when history repeats itself on teh Mustang forums:

I just raped the new NSX with me new Mustang

"too bad the new one wasn't as special as the old one"
"what's up with the guys at honda always playing catch up with the HP?"

Thats kinda nice, but not a mustang...a higher end adult sports sedan-coupe.....build-style like a Aston with Ford Engine/Trans and price 100k less than comparable Aston.....:cool:

Back