• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford GT. Thoughts?

I absolutely love my NSX. But at times my eyes wonder like a cheating husband. I sometimes think about my next car, and one that has intrigued me for a while has been the Ford GT. The main things I like about it are the same things I like about the NSX. beautiful, rare, low production, no longer made, no depreciation, fast.

I've never been in one or driven one. But it seems like a good investment and its fast as shit bone stock, I wouldn't have to do all these things to it like I have to the NSX. It's more intriguing to me than an Italian exotic. I think it's gorgeous inside and out. Street legal race car. As much as I think an R8 is a great daily car... It looks like a turd next to a ford GT.

What's your thoughts on it?

On the track at Watkins I was all out on the straight in my CTSC NSX and one blew past me like I had suddenly deployed a parachute. I was keeping up with him in the turns but man... He just murdered me on the back straight and I never caught up. And it sounded so good while it was kicking my ass. LOL

very different seating position/dash sight lines ect......harder to drive at the limits.....ie track days.....but it will not depreciate as you said and it will always draw a crowd of proud americans.

I drove one briefly. My initial impressions were exactly like yours and I'll add, like the NSX, I appreciate the low profile the car is famous for.

That being said, I did "drive" one briefly for about 5 minutes putting around town. I'd strongly encourage you to do the same; the interior, driving position, and overall feedback (steering wheel, shifter, brake feel, etc.) is "different" than the NSX. In addition, I have never come across a sports car with unusually good resale value that I did not like or at least greatly appreciate.

Great history behind the originals with Carol Shelby and his two finger salute to Ferrari. I have owned a GTD40 and a CAV GT40 and I loved the looks of the cars and the attention they attracted was incredible. If you think you get looked at in an NSX try a GT40 it's in another league.
The reincarnated Ford GT gives you the looks and pedegree but with wind up windows and fifty years of evolution so if you have the cash then I can't think of a better way to spend it.
images

This was my CAV when I went to a Goodwood Breakfast club meeting in 2009, driving past the Ferrari marqee which was a fitting place to be photographed. I kept the roundels and numbers on when on the road so it loooked like it had just come back from Lemans in 66 to my eyes.

Jason (TOUSUGRAD) who i bought my first NSX from purchased one after. If you happen to have his info I would reach out to him along with Roger to get their thoughts

Looks like we have at least two prime members with one.

LOL... I'm not ready to do anything willy nilly. This is a big decision and usually takes me a couple of years. And I have a really really REALLY hard time parting with my NSX. But if I get my heart set on it I will stop modding the NSX and start looking for a clean GT. I need to see one closer up, drive one, or at least get a ride.

I wanted one the minute I laid eyes on it but circumstances just haven't made it possible. I was told they hold their value so well because a lot of them have been exported to Europe and the Middle East. They only produced 4038 of them. They are rarer than a Kosher deli in Fallujah.

No one has anything bad to say?

The Ford GT always distinguishes itself from other mid-engine/exotic sportscars despite the similar price-point. I have it more in the realm of Carrera GT, Murcielago, and the like (vs. F430, Gallardo, R8, etc). At a starting pre-TTL $140k when brand-new, they were sitting in inventory & at times discounted noticeably. Unreal, looking back.

I believe a ~$10k MR2-Spyder, ~$30k NSX, ~$150k Ford GT, ~$200k 12C (new) to be the best-of-the-best M/R values out there! :D

Beautiful car...side by side to the NSX it dwarfs the NSX! There are a couple members on here with both, I would see what they think as that will be the best comparison you can get.

I'll rise to that :smile:

I understand that the curved door top can provide a real kick in the head if not careful entering/leaving the cabin. BFD and worth it, I would imagine.

BUY!

I remember hearing that Jeremy Clarkson had nothing but nightmares with his...

I did hear that a lot of them had an issue with the instrument cluster crapping out and Ford not "goodwilling" the replacement that apparently costs in the thousands of dollars. Haven't confirmed this though.

it is after all a salleen s7.....with a slightly different motor

I drove one. It was fun, but not an extra ~$150k worth of fun over my NSX.

I guess it would be different if I could plunk down 150k and not even make a dent in my savings....

I never realized the two cars were related in any way...

There is something about the styling of the Ford GT that is just weird to me. Its not as sexy as an NSX.

Man I just did a quick check on autotrader, their pries have gone way up!! I had seen some around $140ish, now some are selling at $400?! Is it totally unrealistic to get one under 150?

LOL... I'm not ready to do anything willy nilly. This is a big decision and usually takes me a couple of years. And I have a really really REALLY hard time parting with my NSX. But if I get my heart set on it I will stop modding the NSX and start looking for a clean GT. I need to see one closer up, drive one, or at least get a ride.

Who said about selling your NSX, we want you to add it to your collection:biggrin:

Back