• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Had to have 2 alignments with in 15 days and 200miles.

Has anyone ran into a situation where your NSX wouldn't keep a alignment? I just had around 5k of work done at my local Acura dealer. During that I got a alignment since I had installed blistein struts. I also had them straighten the steering wheel since I replaced the rack bushings and inner and outer tie rods ends. I drove the car home, then to the car wash a few days later all seemed fine. A week after that I drove 20 minutes away and noticed the wheel was off the opposite direction it was off before the alignment. Then drove it the following week and it was off more and the turning was hard one direction really easy the other.
I took it back to the dealer figuring they would take care of it, they said it needed another alignment and couldn't give me a reason why. So charged me another $160.00 to do another alignment. So far so good on this alignment. But I just think its odd that with in that short of a time it needed another alignment.
Oh and the 160 seems high to me, they said they charge double for lowered cars.
Any ideas?
Thanks
BrianB

Oh and the 160 seems high to me, they said they charge double for lowered cars.

It doesn't take more time for lowered cars. They may not be able to get it back to with in spec because it's lowered, but the time to do the alignment is the same. And the reason why it was "loosing alignment" was probably because they forgot to tighten down the toe adjustment. They shouldn't have charged you twice IMO. But that's why I would NEVER take my NSX to the Acura dealer for any work.

Last edited:
I had my m5 aligned at wheel works and re-aligned it for free after i installed my camber kits. I was willing to pay, but the nice guy said i was still within the 1 year warranty. I wouldnt go to the dealer either. I feel like just a number when im there.

Sorry man it sounds like your dealer / service writer is pulling money outta your wallet

Talk to the service manager, it should not "lose alignment" given the conditions you have stated

as for the price, thats absurd, and the reasoning is pure BS...

one question you didnt tell us if you have OEM rims. if you have bigger rims?

so tell us what size rims does your NSX have.

one thing if its lowered most of the setting are going to be maxed out. or as far as they can go to try and keep the cars wheels straight.
but having it aligned twice. umm no. inless........

did you get the car aligned with current rims, then went home and put different larger rims on?

theres more to the story LOL

- - - Updated - - -

as for price to align 160 is really high, but them telling you its cuz its lowered is BBBB-SSSSS.

I think your dealership just rip you off by charging you twice for their work...You should talk to the service manager or contact Acura corporate office.

In CA, I was charged only $100 for the alignment on a Bilstein strut change as well...not because it's lowered.

It's the first time I heard pricing fees are based on lowered vs. non-lowered car :) The car goes onto the same ramp.

They should have given you a print out of the before and after result.

Here's a picture of the alignment on the ramp.

img0917cv.jpg

Last edited:
thats silly that they would just feel comfortable recharging full price again only after 2 weeks......the steering wheel can be off alittle due to tire size not being equal all around.I have a street set of wheels where the steering wheel is perfect,my track set which has slightly larger wheels all around one of which must be slightly off causes the steering wheel to be a little off center,most likely due to variation in tread depth and thus rolling diameter.

Last edited:
I payed 170 of a lifetime alignment at Firestone, they have a drive on ramp so no front lip problems, and they use the hawkeye system, fantastic investment.

I can't believe you had $5k worth of work done there and they have the nerve to still charge you for the second alignment after they didn't do it properly the first time. No doubt that these dealers are money hungry crooks and it makes me so mad when they take advantage of people. I hope your nsx's alignment is fine now and stays that way.

^^^^^^^^^^^All of the above. I had my car aligned {front/rear} Couple days later it started pulling and I found they'd left one of the adjustment nuts loose. It happens to the best but your dealership clearly fail to except any responsibility.

Everyone is saying the same thing I was thinking and asked. I even talked to the head tech/ service supervisor. But he is the one that did the alignment and said nothing was loose but I think he didn't want to admit he messed something up. I told them it made no sense that it was lowered costing more. Possibly the first time since everything had been taken apart. But I didn't think every time after that. I have 17/18 enkei gtc01's with 225/35/17 and 255/35/18 they were on the car for the first alignment as well. They had me car 3 weeks the first time you'd think they could of got all my bolts tight... I plan on talking with a general manager once I know the issue is fixed. I've put 100 miles on it and no issues so far. I'm driving to PA tomorrow to take the car to my painter for a lip kit diffuser and a buff. So I'll see how it is after the trip.
This dealership has been on here before for practically totaling a friend of mines 04 LBBP CTSC NSX. But that was years ago and a different employee. I made sure they knew I only wanted it drove to check things on dry days... My friends car was crashed on a wet day... They made everything right for him but there was a bit of a run around.

They are the only Acura dealer around, and I thought for around here it would be the safest place to get the TB/WP, LMA's, valve adjustment, Rad Hoses, Transmission Fluid change, ABS flush, cam seals/plugs, oil pan gasket, headers, and they put the new exhaust on free since they had to take the old off to do the headers. Oh and the alignment..
Labor costs were 2881.68 I supplied oem parts I ordered online some from SOS, some from Dali, and the rest from Tempe Acura since they sold the same parts for 35% off.

Thanks for all the input!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 205
Next time you need major service, pay to have the car shipped to LarryB's shop in NY. Never, never, never let a dealer get that intimate with an NSX.

Sadly, Hugh speaks the truth...

I let Tempe of Acura do a simple oil change and they left my car outside in a dust storm...
despite my instructions that it NOT leave the service bay under ANY circumstances
When I picked it up it was sitting outside with a thick layer of dust on it which took me 3 hours of washing and detailing to carefully remove
Service writer joked that the dust would come off when I drive away "since my car is fast"
Paid my service bill, told the service writer most sincerely to go fuck himself
Haven't given them a dime of business since that day
Mind you that Acura of Tempe is 2 miles from my house
They lost a customer for life that day

If I need parts, I call Tim on the other side of town
and willingly drive the extra 60 miles round trip to deal with someone with integrity

SOS and only SOS touches my car for maintenance... thank you Chris, Wade, ffeJ, and others
It is the simple things that matter and I appreciate your continued attention to detail

Hopefully you find a good mechanic on your side of the country
maybe call Larry B and discuss your car and situation

Apologies if my bitch session was a temp thread hijack.. just don't like seeing fellow owners screwed by bad dealers

Last edited:
They as far as I know kept it inside. And the tech was supposedly trained to work on the NSX. They actually wash and waxed it for me. The only thing I noticed after a few weeks of washing the car there are some light scuffs around the engine bay and on one door. Maybe that's why they waxed it lol. Thus the buff while its at the body shop.
I have taken cars out of state for work all the time, my Rsx I took to ft lauderdale Florida to get a turbo kit when no one else had a kit available back in 2002.
Next time I need any major work I will reach out to Larry B. I guess I should of checked with everyone on prime before getting the work done in the first place.
All the other work done seems to be done properly and the car seems to be in great running order. They also provided a new tsx as a loaner for the 3 weeks. If this alignment issue hasn't came up I would of made a post praising them. Other than the scuffs that still sucks.

was that crashed nsx from the dealer Ryan's?

yikes that dealer is cursed

A update, my car alignment has been fine since!!
Also Acura sent me a survey on the service visit. I informed them of the situation. That got something done! I received a 200.00 gift card to that Acura dealer in the mail with a card and apology letter. But still not taking full responsibility of having left something loose. I've had the card for awhile I need a oil change soon I guess I'll use it for that. I'd rather just of got my money as I'm wondering how they will treat me or my car now that I've complained to Acura.

If it's possible I'd use the card to buy Acura gear and accessories. I wouldn't let them touch my car again. I had the same issue about 6 mos, ago. I ended up having to pre-maturely buy new tires on the front after about 500 miles. The dealer...err...stealer tried to charge me for the realignment but thought better of it after some noise was made about it.

Back