• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new House & Driveway.

EAC

Legendary Member
and how I have to pull the NSX in.... need to get this fixed asap!

Attachments

• 20130526_130014.jpg
    20130526_130014.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,788
hardcore

.nothing the army corp of engineers cant' fix.....

:(

Congrats on closing on the house. I was following your "on the fly suspension adjustments" thread in correlation to buying this house. Looks like the VRH Kit is in your future.

Me personally, a house is more important than a car. The area we desired to live in is notorious for crazy driveways.

Anyhow, here are the plans.

fodms1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

:(

Congrats on closing on the house. I was following your "on the fly suspension adjustments" thread in correlation to buying this house. Looks like the VRH Kit is in your future.

Thanks!

I don't think the VRH system would raise my car up high enough.

Eric, a VRH kit will raise your car, up to 5 inches(that might be dependant on the coilovers you use). How much is the driveway mod gonna cost? If its more than 4500, think about buying the front and rear Vrh kit. I think you can get away with the front kit alone for your driveway.

Last edited:
Eric, a VRH kit will raise your car, up to 5 inches(that might be dependant on the coilovers you use). How much is the driveway mod gonna cost? If its more than 4500, think about buying the front and rear Vrh kit. I think you can get away with the front kit alone for your driveway.

This is a good point. Maybe raise your car up 4-5 inches to simulate the "up" position and see if you can make it up/down the driveway. Ravi can give you an estimate how high the car go based on what coilovers you have.

Can you make a video of you driving your NSX down the wood planks? :)

You may want to rethink a 4 wheel kit instead. My driveway actually goes a little steeper and if the rear isn't used you will scrape the exhaust tip. Even with a Ride height kit, I still have to go in and out in an angle. Kelly has seen my driveway and experienced how up and down I have to adjust.

Just a suggestion. I do agree this maybe cheaper but correcting your driveway will net a better value in the long run. Just do both and be done with it.

Come on now. We've all seen your avatar. Throw that baby over your shoulder and carry it in/out. Consider it a warm up!:wink:

You may want to rethink a 4 wheel kit instead. My driveway actually goes a little steeper and if the rear isn't used you will scrape the exhaust tip. Even with a Ride height kit, I still have to go in and out in an angle. Kelly has seen my driveway and experienced how up and down I have to adjust.

Just a suggestion. I do agree this maybe cheaper but correcting your driveway will net a better value in the long run. Just do both and be done with it.

The rear comes close, but doesn't rub.

I would much rather correct the driveway then spend a bunch of money on suspension.

Attachments

• 20130528_171420.jpg
    20130528_171420.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,183
The rear comes close, but doesn't rub.

I would much rather correct the driveway then spend a bunch of money on suspension.

Your correcting the driveway for the nsx. If you fix the nsx then you can use your driveway and still get in anybodies driveway!!!!:D

I like the redesign idea. Should do the trick as long as the drain does its job

Now for a funny one...my brother just sent me this pic out of the blue - now that's a steep driveway:
2684673761_a6b0571482_b.jpg

thats insane anyone would even want a house with a driveway like that lowered car or not.

Back