• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How long did it take your OEM coolant tank to start leaking

Ok, thanks a lot guys.

- - - Updated - - -

So now the choice is either:
-OEM
-That vendor's coolant for for $249.95
-pay by COD for a Dali aluminum tank (yes I know he is a scammer, but not many choices for tanks)

I would ratehr spend a little bit more to have one that lasts. Hopefully never having to change it again. The 450$ one from one vendor is way too much.

Has anybody had problems with leaking or cracking with the Dali aluminum tanks?

I replaced my tank in 2009 (18 years old) when it started to seep through the seam. I went with OEM because (a) it lasted 18 years in many environmental conditions; (b) it is baffled; and (c) it was only 80 bucks.

The metal tanks are more expensive and I have seen problems with them leaking over the years on Prime. Also, I do not think the Dali tank is baffled.

My 91 original lasted 18 years before developing a small leak. Replaced with another OEM tank

pay by COD for a Dali aluminum tank (yes I know he is a scammer, but not many choices for tanks)

Has Mark at Dali personally scammed you?
If he has elaborate.
If not then best not make flippant comments.

Has Mark at Dali personally scammed you?
If he has elaborate.
If not then best not make flippant comments.

No, because i never dared order from him. There are enough threads and pissed off people because of Dali's partial order fulfillment, shipping & promised refunds.

No, because i never dared order from him. There are enough threads and pissed off people because of Dali's partial order fulfillment, shipping & promised refunds.

I have dealt with Mark at Dali for over 15 years without a problem and he did my son a big personal favour at NSXPO 99.

You said you KNOW he is a scammer, which is an unequivocal statement, but the reality is you heard things.

Don't you think, when we are talking about a long time NSX owner, we're always best to take the high road and leave rumour mongering to those who don't know any better?

Last edited:
I have dealt with Mark at Dali for over 15 years without a problem and he did my son a big personal favour at NSXPO 99.

You said you KNOW he is a scammer, which is an unequivocal statement, but the reality is you heard things.

Don't you think, when we are talking about a long time NSX owner, we're always best to take the high road and leave rumour mongering to those who don't know any better?

Not to derail this thread, but I KNOW he is a scammer, he tried to rip me off and I am aware of many instances where he did rip off our members (it seems to happen to those furthest from where he operates). If you review his trading history, there would appear to be a 1 in 3 chance of getting ripped off - not good odds for buyers.

Over the years, I have always offered my services (for free) to those in our community who have been "victimized", for lack of a better word, in various transactions involving different sellers. Unfortunately, each instance when I have been approached to assist with Dali I have had to turn them down since logistically there was nothing I could do since he is in san diego and the buyers were not quick or learned enough to utilize available dispute procedures through paypal.

So, yes, I do know that there are many dali fanboys but there are also many who have lost money to him.

Last edited:
Not to derail this thread, but I KNOW he is a scammer, he tried to rip me off

Robert

My point is not about Dali good or bad.

The point I was trying to make is a person might be wise to avoid broad sweeping statements about a person's integrity without first hand knowledge.
You have first hand knowledge and so your comments are based on experience which is fine by me. Comment away.

On the other hand the OP has no experience with Dali but makes an unequivocal derogatory statement about a person/vendor he has never dealt with.

I would like to think Prime members would have a high standard on this and not make comments about another person's integrity based on hearsay.

Last edited:
I would like to think Prime members would have a high standard on this and not make comments about another person's integrity based on hearsay.

I think it is more that members here are trying to protect others from getting scammed as well and make such comments because there truly is a wealth of information on the problems many have had and not everyone will do their due diligence and look into selling issues. This is especially true since every time someone has posted their personal experience they have been blasted with the fanboys saying that "mj has never ripped me off so you must have done something to him to make him keep your money without shipping the product". Aside from the fallacy of such an argument, it did tend to result in victims being shouted down.

More recently, we have had a marketplace change on Prime and that required vendors to register. Conspicious by his absence is the failure of Dali to register as an authorized vendor here. Combining that with his "policy" of never answering any of the complaints against him (whether here or oftentimes in BBB filings), I can understand the level of frustration of our members and their desire to speak out against him, whether directly victimized or just as an outsider looking in over the years.

Last edited:
I think it is more that members here are trying to protect others from getting scammed as well and make such comments because there truly is a wealth of information on the problems many have had and not everyone will do their due diligence and look into selling issues.

And protecting others is a worthy cause Robert and I applaud those who do.
My point is not about Dali.
It's about a person making derogatory comments about someone with no personal experience of the individual.
If someone made a derogatory comment that Robert Ondrovic Photography was a scammer but had never dealt with you, would you feel the comment was justified?
I don't think you would and my only point is a person shouldn't make comments about you (or anyone else) based on hearsay alone. :)

If you have been "scammed" by someone, by all means shout to the rafters about it and do your best to help others avoid the same problem.
But isn't making unequivocal negative comments about you (or anyone else) without having dealt with you somewhat inappropriate?

It's about a person making derogatory comments about someone with no personal experience of the individual.
If someone made a derogatory comment that Robert Ondrovic Photography was a scammer but had never dealt with you, would you feel the comment was justified?

But isn't making unequivocal negative comments about you (or anyone else) without having dealt with you somewhat inappropriate?

If someone said I was a scammer without dealing with me but based upon dozens of reported persons getting ripped off by me I would probably do what scammers do - never address the complaints, remain silent on the issue and just let the fans of my photography defend me.

Well, he stole about 4k from me initially and still owes me (after local sheriff intervention and small claims suit) about $1100. I have a whole list of derogatory comments.

So to update.....

Dali has scammed too many people to be trusted. I won't order from him.

I decided to go OEM & will paint it black. As long it can last around 10 years I would be very happy.

If you are still looking for a replacement, we do offer our NSX GT Aluminum Coolant Tanks, in a variety of finishes. :)

Jim I agree mostly with your posts, but I also feel when one continues to buy from a guy that has ripped off a whole bunch of people, you are in a way saying "well as long as it is not me". As much respect as I am asked to have for Dali, I also have to have some level of respect for the guy that says "I got ripped off". After all, he is a fellow NSX owner, probably a nice guy just like you... I don't buy from Dali based not on fear but on principle. I choose to stand with the guy that has been ripped off and say "no, I will not give you my business". Yes there is always a dispute here and there but Dali has a loooong list of people who say they have been ripped off from him and his response is nothing....

So he may have been a nice guy to you and your son, but he has some serious issues going on.

Jim I agree mostly with your posts, but I also feel when one continues to buy from a guy that has ripped off a whole bunch of people, you are in a way saying "well as long as it is not me". As much respect as I am asked to have for Dali, I also have to have some level of respect for the guy that says "I got ripped off". After all, he is a fellow NSX owner, probably a nice guy just like you... I don't buy from Dali based not on fear but on principle. I choose to stand with the guy that has been ripped off and say "no, I will not give you my business". Yes there is always a dispute here and there but Dali has a loooong list of people who say they have been ripped off from him and his response is nothing....

So he may have been a nice guy to you and your son, but he has some serious issues going on.

+1. Great post

+2.

I'm just puzzled why there are still people supporting Dali after he ripped off just one too many Primers. Why support a person who steal money from others? I just don't understand...

I replaced my tank in 2009 (18 years old) when it started to seep through the seam. I went with OEM because (a) it lasted 18 years in many environmental conditions; (b) it is baffled; and (c) it was only 80 bucks.

The metal tanks are more expensive and I have seen problems with them leaking over the years on Prime. Also, I do not think the Dali tank is baffled.

Cost and better reliability are the reasons I went OEM as well. A tank every 20 years is not a big deal. Do it every 10-15 if you want to be preventative about things.

It isn't years it is mileage. Hot-cold-Hot-cold opens up the seam.
Mine is 22 years old. but at only 42k miles it doesn't leak.

I probably just jinkst it.

selling my dali black tank soon. been bullet proof the last 6yrs. this thing is never gonna go bad.

going with a custom x brace so need to relocate the tank.

- - - Updated - - -

btw..don't ghetto your tank and paint it black. get the type r cover/sleeve

Back