• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone in Calgary know "CalgarianNSX

Änyone in Calgary know CalgarianNSX?

David (CalgarianNSX) sold a set of OZ wheels with tires to me. The day after recieving the wheels they were taken to a local Firestone Store to have them checked prior to installation, they found the following:

- Two Tires have bulges (Must be replaced)
- Two rear Rims are bent, one beyond repairs (Need to be replaced)

These wheels and tires were list as being in excellent conditions, however it far from it.

I will post pictures and the report from Firestone

Attached is the PM conversation thus far...

Re: Wheels & Tires
Sure buddy,
Do what you want. I speak the truth. Cast Iron is very strong and used in many applications, but I've seen iron drop and break. Maybe your pal should have just forked out another couple hundred dollars to buy something brand new!! If he can afford an NSX, I'm sure he has funds to dress it up nicely...Brand New. You guys live in the Toronto area where the market for auto supplies and accessories is bigger than the rest of Canada. I don't know why you'd want to order a set of rims from across the country! Hell, you could of even driven over to Buffalo to pick something up there too.

Originally Posted by Bram
This is total Crap, these are OZ racing wheels which are very strong ( I had a set so I know about these wheels very well)

You charged for shipping therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that the wheels are shipped ans received un damaged. However, I don't believe these were damaged during shipping.
How the bulges get on the tires?

I will be taking pictures of the wheels and tires, and since you have not provided an email address, that I is can communicate to you through to try and resolved this, I will paste it all over Prime. I have already open a case with Prime market place.

I should have know that with one post, that there were something wrong, but I trusted you as a Canadian.

Bram

Originally Posted by CalgarianNSX
Bram,
I regret to inform you that the wheels and tires did not have any damage or such "buldges" when I wrapped them up. I carefully inspected them and found no such damage prior to doing so. One thing I did find, unfortunately, was one of the centre caps, which must have fallen off and I did not notice. Since it wasn't mentioned in your message, it apparently was something missed by yourself, the buyer, and Firestone as well. I will compensate for the missing cap, by sending it out as soon as I return home from work, but cannot accept responsibility for the damage. I wanted to clean them up for you, as they were a little dirty, but was pressed for time and was already a few days behind on the promised shipping date. It is possible that they were not handled with care during transit and were damaged by Canada post. Being aluminum, it would't take much for one of those wheels to be damaged by falling or by having something heavy placed on them, especially if the handler did not have the help or strength to properly load or unload them.
I too have received mailed damaged goods in the past, due to shipping and handling mis-care. I'm sorry you received them that way, but as mentioned, I cannot accept responsibility. Check the wrapping for any signs of wear or tear. Check with Canada Post as well.

You will receive the missing cap in a couple weeks, as I am currently away for work.

Dave

Dave, the Tires was delivered yesterday, and we had them check by a Firestone Tire store this morning and the found the following.

- 2 of the Four tires have buldges
- 2 Rear Rims are bent badly.

On your Ad on Prime you stated that these wheels were perfect, however it is far from it. I need your email address where I can send you a copy of the Firestone report. We can discuss how you want to rectify these issue.

my Number is 905-582-8184

Dave the Buyer - 416-996-5254

Bram

Hi Bram,
I apologize dearly. I work as a service electrical technician and got called out of town for a couple days. I just shipped the wheels.
Tracking numbers are as follows:
0099 9450 0066 1568
0099 9450 0066 1599
0099 9450 0066 1575
0099 9450 0066 1582
6 business days to arrive, signature required for pick up

Thanks again for being patient.

I will definitely check out the website. That's very ironic about your friends Acura. Mine is a 1994 Red w/ black top as well!

I'm in the process of installing a custom stereo. I ordered the 10" sub box from science of speed along with a few other gadgets. I will post some pics on my page during and after!

Dave

Hi Dave I have a 1997...I'm President of the NSX Club of Canada, you should check out our web site.
nsxclubcanada.ca
I'm buying these wheels for one of our members, his name is Dave and his car is a Red Black 94

Bram

=CalgarianNSX]Hi Bram,
I received payment from Paypal last night.
Canada Post is closed today, but your wheels are going out tomorrow. I'll send you the tracking number as soon as I ship ok.
Thanks for being patient.
Just curious, what year, colour NSX do you own? Have you had it a while? I just got mine and I absolutely LOVE it!

Dave

Funny, that the payment have no gone thru PP, because a Visa platimum car was used(just like cash I was told).

Anyway, please send me the tracking numbers.

Bram

QUOTE=CalgarianNSX]Hi Bram,
Yes, I will definitely send you a tracking number.
I still haven't received the PayPal transfer of funds though. The wheels are packaged up and ready to go. Once I see the funds deposited into my account, I will ship them right away.
I'll let you know asap once its done and send you tracking number then.
Cheers
Dave

Hi,

Can you send me the tracking number from Canada Post.

Thanks
Bram

Hi, Interested in the wheels and Tires set, I'm in Ontario Canada, will you consider $1500.00 Shipped?

LMK, as I need a set of wheels.

Thanks, Bram
Hi there,
Thank you for the purchase and quick payment. The wheels and tires are packaged up and I will send them out tomorrow after I finish work. I am sending them out Canada Post Regular mail and you should receive them by late next week.

Dave

Google Search:

email: [email protected]

Member #4360
Address Not Published Online
Calgary, AB T2B 3L1
phone: Phone Not Published Online cell: Cell Not Published Online
ogusto911 AT hotmail DOT com

OBJECTIVE
To seek full time employment in the industrial electrical field.

SKILLS
10 years in the electrical trade and have experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical applications.
Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications. Install, replace and repair electrical controls, raceways, surface mount and overhead cables, and panel boxes. Test and measure AC and DC voltage, loads, resistance, ground faults, integrity of circuits in high voltage, low voltage and control circuits. Troubleshoot and isolate faults in AC and DC electrical circuits, motors, starters, PLC's, VFD's, and hydraulic equipment.
Hold excellent communication and customer service skills.
Work well with others or alone and enjoy sharing and teaching my electrical knowledge to apprentices.
Hold valid First Aid, CPR, WHMIS, CSTS, H2S Alive certificates.
Am responsible, reliable, eager, ambitious, am always willing to learn and not affraid to ask questions or for help.

EXPERIENCE
Xtreme Drilling and Coil Services, Suite 770 340 12th Ave SW Calgary AB
Journeyman Electrician/Field Service Electrician, Oct 2011 - present
Was hired as temporary help with the construction of Coil tubing injector build project in Calgary, Coil tubing pump build project in Houston, TX and service electrical relief for coil tubing service rigs in south Texas and drilling rigs in Alberta. Duties included assembling PLC, Relay and control panels for both projects. Installation of AC and DC power and control cables. Commissioning of injector rigs, coil trailers, pumps. Troubleshooting and servicing of injector and drilling rigs. Working under compressed time.

ABB Raffin, 9800 Endeavour Dr SE Calgary, AB
Journeyman Electrician, January 2011 - Oct 2011
Helped with the electrical installations of High Voltage modular skid buildings and E-Houses.
Experience with cable tray installations (of all sizes), cable and wire pulling, glanding and terminating of cables and wires, temporary power, fire alarm, VFD and PLC switch gear, High Voltage switch gear, Vesda piping, EMT intallations, grounding and bonding of equipment, fabricating supports and stands, and QA/QC.
Responsible for good housekeeping and working in a safe, efficient manner.

Lockerbie and Hole, #201, 1253-91 Street Edmonton, AB
Sub-Foreman Electrician, March 2010 - December 2010
Helped with the electrical installations at the Suncor Energy- Firebag project North of Ft McMurray.
Worked in various area's of the plant.
Experience with cable tray installations (of all sizes), cable pulling crew, glanding and terminating of cables and wires, temporary power, electric heat trace, grounding and bonding of equipment, QA/QC.
Responsible for good housekeeping and working in a safe, efficient manner.

Canem Systems Ltd, 7110 Fairmount Dr SE Calgary, AB
Service Foreman Electrician, October 2007-March 2009
Responsible for servicing, maintaining, troubleshooting, estimating, and installing commercial electrical equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Dealing with clients, customers, wholesalers and inspectors on a daily basis.
Responsible for all necessary paperwork including timesheets, billing, estimates, hazard assessments, safety meetings, and toolbox meetings.
Instructing and teaching apprentices.
Maintaining and good housekeeping of company service van.

EDUCATION
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Calgary, AB
1st year electrical studies, January, February 2003

2nd year electrical studies, March, April 2004

3rd year electrical studies, September, October 2006

4th year electrical studies, January, February, March 2007

INTERESTS
During my free time I enjoy spending time with my family, girlfriend and friends. I enjoy travelling and sightseeing. In the winter months I can be found at the surrounding ski mountains snowboarding and am a big hockey fan. During the warmer months I like to spend time golfing, ridng my street bike, rding my dirt bike and occasionally head out for a weekend of camping.

"production is not the application of tools to material, but logic to work"--Peter F. Drucker

References Available Upon Request

Pictures of the Wheels and TiresIMG_20130614_131332.jpg[/ATTACH]IMG_20130614_131441 (1).jpgIMG_20130614_131259.jpg

Firestone Tire Report:
Firestone invoice.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130614_131332.jpg
    IMG_20130614_131332.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20130614_131353.jpg
    IMG_20130614_131353.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
You have a beef with him... that's awesome. But do you really need to post ALL this personal information on prime?

If someone does not want to provide any information... Then I use Google, Perhaps someone will have more info that can help me find him.
Regardless it's public info when on the Net

Last edited:
You have a beef with him... that's awesome. But do you really need to post ALL this personal information on prime?
DITTO. I would concur that all the additional commentary is unnecessary. I live in Calgary, but don't associate with any other members as a rule. Good luck sorting it out.

It is ALWAYS the responsibility of the SELLER to make sure the BUYER receives the goods in condition as described if not a FULL REFUND should be issued.
Sorry to hear about your troubles Bram.

One of two things happened here:

1) The seller deliberately misrepresented the condition of the wheels, or
2) The seller did not know that the wheels were misrepresented by his ad.

Either way, sellers obligation to make this right. If its #2, the seller would likely already have offered to pay for the repair.

Those could not have gotten bent like that in shipping. They were shipped that way. Knowingly or unknowingly, the sellers actions now will tell us.

EDIT: I checked the Calgary flooding and evac maps and his address does not appear to be impacted but he may not have phone, internet or other coverage; assume that he will make this right in the coming days once he realizes that he didnt see the damage upon shipping.

Last edited:
I could always ask my buddy Zach... after all he was the previous owner of that particular NSX before it got shipped out

Thanks, But, Panjo is working on getting the refund, the wheels were shipped back to him, schedule to arrive on Wed 26th June. I believe that part of the agreement to use Panjo to sell anything on Prime, means that your CC and or Banking info is on file.

Bram

Änyone in Calgary know CalgarianNSX?

Sure buddy,
Do what you want. I speak the truth. Cast Iron is very strong and used in many applications, but I've seen iron drop and break. Maybe your pal should have just forked out another couple hundred dollars to buy something brand new!! If he can afford an NSX, I'm sure he has funds to dress it up nicely...Brand New. You guys live in the Toronto area where the market for auto supplies and accessories is bigger than the rest of Canada. I don't know why you'd want to order a set of rims from across the country! Hell, you could of even driven over to Buffalo to pick something up there too.

"

So his Ad stated:
"... I have for sale 1 set (4 wheels and tires) of OZ Racing Ultraleggera rims and rubber for sale.:
The fronts are 17 x 8 mounted on Nexen N3000 215/35/17 tires
The rears are 18 x 9.5 mounted on Nexen N3000 255/35/18 tires
The bolt pattern for all four is 5 x 114.3 5 x 100

These are mint condition wheels and the tires have about 80% tread on them. They are coming off a 1994 Acura NSX but will fit most Acura, Honda, Lexus and Toyota CARS. If you're interested, research your vehicle or send me your car details and I can let you know whether they will fit or not. OZ Racing wheels are very rare and hard to find in Canada with only 1 authorized dealer in Ontario. Brand new they were almost $3000. I'm asking $1500 obo. These are sure to give your car that added touch to make it a head turner!
NO TRADES, NO LOW BALLS!!

Reason for selling: Just purchased a set of Konig Lightning Black rims. Personal appearance suits it better.

List Date: 5/2/2013... "

I love the part where he says "Maybe your pal should have just forked out another couple hundred dollars to buy something brand new!! If he can afford an NSX, I'm sure he has funds to dress it up nicely...Brand New"...
& " You guys live in the Toronto area where the market for auto supplies and accessories is bigger than the rest of Canada. I don't know why you'd want to order a set of rims from across the country" but he stated in the ad "wheels are very rare and hard to find in Canada with only 1 authorized dealer in Ontario." I like the fact he says one thing in the ad and another when you called him out on his crap wheels he sold to you, but since you live in Toronto the market is bigger than "1" authorized dealer in Canada right!?

I love people like this one word to describe them... SCAMMER!! Obviously the wheels were "mint" in his eyes tires being buldged and rims bent and all. Maybe the shipping company installed them on their NSX and drove them from Calgary to Toronto and bubbled the tires and bent them. There is no way those were bent from shipping in the manner shown, it looks more like they were driven over a bump/pothole to bend and damage buldging the sidewalls. From what I'm reading on here so far I have to say is shame on you Dave for ripping off a fellow Canadian eh!!

Hopefully Panjo refund all your $ I want to see the marketplace at work to protect unsuspecting buyers from scum who try to rip people off.

Last edited:
Got my Monies back....Great Job by Panjo.
Panjo had a very hard time getting any info from this Guy, make every Canadian that is selling stuff on Prime look really bad.

I'm going to send Lud a message to have this guy band from using Prime.

Bram

...make every Canadian that is selling stuff on Prime look really bad.
What the heck's with this statement. While I sincerely feel bad about your experience, it in no way reflects whatsoever on the credibility of other members looking to sell their items. In the years I have owned my NSX and been a member on Prime, I have NEVER had a bad experience with anyone from Canada. I have however had bad experiences (more than 1) with members from outside of Canada. That doesn't automatically equate to a global chastise of all other members.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted out. Have faith that the bulk of people that can own a car like this are responsible and truthful. Sadly I can't say all of them, but the majority anyway.

+1. the seller is a goof for doing a p!ss poor job re shipping and then making you run around to get (rightfully) your money back. but in no way does that reflect the demeanor of ALL prime members north of the border, thats just silly.

What the heck's with this statement. While I sincerely feel bad about your experience, it in no way reflects whatsoever on the credibility of other members looking to sell their items. That doesn't automatically equate to a global chastise of all other members.

Yeah, the statement is probably heavy.... however I'm $290.00 in the hole from this transaction, plus all the grief.
Regardless, I for one will not be purchasing anything from anyone, that have not been on Prime for sometime and have a excellent iTrading rating, North or South.

Bram

For a Guy that don't associate with any other members...... you sure have an opinion on this thread.

Perhaps when the shoe is on the other foot you will have a differant comments about being Scammed.

Bram

I live in Calgary, but don't associate with any other members as a rule. Good luck sorting it out.

What the heck's with this statement. While I sincerely feel bad about your experience, it in no way reflects whatsoever on the credibility of other members looking to sell their items.

I'm just gonna put this out there and you can draw your own conclusions...

I do quite a bit of trading on Prime and so far, I've only had 1 bad experience. I bought a set of wheel many years ago and the seller

1) misrepresented the brand of the wheels (turned out to be knockoffs)
2) "accidentally" lost a wheel nut, sent me 19 instead of 20
3) lost a center cap, sent me 3 instead of 4
4) misrepresented the tire depth, claimed 50% when it was really 4/32
5) wheels didn't fit my car, 91 vs 05 brakes

...and the seller was from Calgary.

Now you are just stirring the pot!! :wink:

Not easy buying used stuff online (Prime or non-Prime). Canadian or not Canadian, with poor packaging, shipping and handling errors, your chance of receiving damaged/defective products increases whether it's the fault of the seller or the shipping company. My model has always been expect the worse but hope for the best particularly with larger items. Learn my lesson and now selective with my purchases.

argh, dont tell me this bs has happened to you too owen!

perhaps ive been lucky, as a buyer ive bought a small handful of items on prime, kijiji, ebay etc etc and while i am careful... the transactions have been very good *knock on wood*; with that said however if buying via a forum i ALWAYS check the post count of the seller and always see if the seller (ideally over a few years of post history) has been helpful and contribute to the forum. ive also used this methods in my line of work, where ive bought literally thousands (if not tens of thousands worth) of different cameras, lenses, stabilization equipment, lighting etc etc etc over a period of years on various forums.

as a seller, based on my recent transactions on prime; ive been even luckier to report that all buyers have been mature adults, some of which are VERY trusting (both amercian and Canadian); all of which has been nice, respectful (and fair) people.

if they dont pass the basic smell test (bad manners, very vague in their descriptions, parts seem TOOOO unrealistically perfect for the money asked, low post history), then the turkey flags go off and i back away.

EDIT - one other thing that i practise as both a buyer and seller is to make sure that pictures of the packaging process are taken/sent to the person on the opposite end of the transaction. and that tracking is purchased (you'll be surprised at the number of ppl that will ship goods worth hundreds/thousands and try to save 7-15$ on tracking)

Not easy buying used stuff online (Prime or non-Prime). Canadian or not Canadian, with poor packaging, shipping and handling errors, your chance of receiving damaged/defective products increases whether it's the fault of the seller or the shipping company. My model has always been expect the worse but hope for the best particularly with larger items. Learn my lesson and now selective with my purchases.

Last edited:
...makes every Canadian that is selling stuff on Prime look really bad.

LOL, people, listen to yourself! Leave it to Canadians to knock Canadians.

Just in fun, I don't trust Calgarians, but only because I am from Edmonton. :smile:

Unfortunately, its all a bit of a crap shoot. Although there are things you can do to try to validate the seller or buyer, in the end you just don't know until the package/money is in your hands. I have dealt with relatively new members to Prime and they were great. I have also worked with some very respected Prime members (the ones that everybody vouches for) and haven't been so lucky. One of my pet peeves is around shipping costs. For example, I paid $30 to ship a part, confirmed the details etc. After it was shipped they told me that international packages don't have tracking numbers. I got the part 15 days later in a cereal box with $6 in stamps on it - lesson learned I guess.

The other stuff aside, I think a good take away from this post might be if you are buying wheels unseen maybe it would be good to get the seller to provide a third party tire shop assessment. I certainly did not think of that until this thread.

Edward

In my NSX years I pretty much bought everything on my car used from Prime with the exception of a few pieces new from Downforce and Dali, and some CF parts from a huckster in Lithuania ;) Most have been good experiences. Prime attracts (IMHO) generally good people. This car is not a everyman's car, and I assume it draws people with some sense of community. Having said that, always buy from people with good iTrader scores, are regulars on Prime or one with whom you have at least spoken to via telephone and able to get a good sense of before forking over the bucks.

BTW My worst experience was buying a set of "Volk Lug nuts" which were neither Volks, or even lugnuts that had the proper thread pitch for an NSX. What a douche. Best experience: buying a set of BBS wheels from a Calgarian which turned out to be in much better shape, and were rare, limited edition LM Champions (not known to me at time of purchase).

Always, caveat emptor.

Back