• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Kids' Day 2013 Photos

The NSX Club of America Northeast Region was privileged to spend the afternoon and dinner with the children of Camp Good Days on Keuka Lake. Despite living with cancer, these kids were all smiles as they sat in their favorite color NSX, honked the horns like a gaggle of geese and posed for photos in the race cars. We had a little surprise in store for them before we all sat down to dinner. Thanks to our generous sponsors Konica Minolta, Open Text, Pharos Systems, Nuance and Prism Software, we were able to give a little something more than just rides in our cars.....

i-xCjNPwz-L.jpg

i-rrzScq4-L.jpg

i-gh6CWHs-L.jpg

i-ZgRbGPZ-L.jpg

i-z2bmjgn-L.jpg

i-vDNbKzQ-L.jpg

i-JH62BbX-L.jpg

i-Zkn7CQx-L.jpg

i-CQCMqSj-L.jpg

i-d8HK6Vc-L.jpg

i-2wvmRnk-L.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

i-tP6fmCq-L.jpg

i-72cHTnR-XL.jpg

i-rSm2D23-L.jpg

i-bJmHzf6-L.jpg

i-fkHnW5m-L.jpg

i-fT23kVS-L.jpg

i-8QfXk9L-L.jpg

What a fantastic couple of days. The kids were great, the enthusiasm infectious. I had the pleasure of taking 6 kids around the track, at speeds I'm not at liberty to disclose. A great time was had by all. Thank you to all that came, I hope that you'll join us year after year. To those that sill haven't made it, and are in "the vicinity", you owe to yourselves to participate, you'll not regret it. Ask anyone that's been!!!!

I have to do this next year

What a GREAT day...................my first and certainly not my last, only next time I'm getting kicked out the day before so I can attend the dinner with the kids. The smiles on their faces leave us with an ever lasting memory, as I hope we have left for them by giving the kids a wonderful experience. Thanks to those who put in the effort to get this going.........I had a blast and parade lap speed my ass!

Yes it was a wonderful experience for all of us! Not sure who enjoyed it more, us or the kids:). At the end of the event I had an opportunity to spend a few minutes talking with Gary Mervis. He wanted to let us all know how appreciative he was in regard to helping the camp with our donations. He also made it a point to note that it "pales in comparison" to us being there. He wanted to make it perfectly clear, that regardless of any donations, he wanted to make sure we are back next year. "The donation is great, but you guys are really why it is so great"

I took the liberty of letting him know: "we are all in" for the future.

Thanks to everyone for making this happen and attending, and a special thanks to Bob, for his efforts with all the insurance issues he personally resolved to make this happen.

Regards,
LarryB

Last edited:
Man, that was one of the best times I've had. I can't wait to do it again next year. Those kids were so happy too, it really makes you think.

I'll have my own helmet next time too. Thanks for the seat time Docjohn and Tytus. You both are extremely talented drivers, and you both made me feel like I was going to die at any given moment, haha.

Start your engines..........

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0HTFc_yY7bY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- - - Updated - - -

Video montage of pics

<object id="vp1iHWz0" width="648" height="364" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://static.animoto.com/swf/w.swf?w=swf/production/vp1&e=1374742565&f=iHWz0lz5M3uUJBJTiP2nBQ&d=0&m=p&r=360p+480p+720p&volume=100&start_res=720p&i=m&ct=Photography%20by%20Robert%20Ondrovic&cu=http://photography.robertondrovic.com/Children/Kids-Day-2013-at-Watkins-Glen/30705355_ZR6C9n&asset_domain=s3-p.animoto.com&animoto_domain=animoto.com&options="></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed id="vp1iHWz0" src="http://static.animoto.com/swf/w.swf?w=swf/production/vp1&e=1374742565&f=iHWz0lz5M3uUJBJTiP2nBQ&d=0&m=p&r=360p+480p+720p&volume=100&start_res=720p&i=m&ct=Photography%20by%20Robert%20Ondrovic&cu=http://photography.robertondrovic.com/Children/Kids-Day-2013-at-Watkins-Glen/30705355_ZR6C9n&asset_domain=s3-p.animoto.com&animoto_domain=animoto.com&options=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="648" height="364"></embed></object>

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this happen.
I know that there were insurance hurdles to clear and I am so glad that I was able to participate again this year.

Thanks also to Doc John for the hot laps. They were very eye opening about the true ability of our wonderful cars.

i-xdDsDhh-L.jpg

i-qhGWgD9-L.jpg

i-VpM9THr-L.jpg

i-tV98TRR-L.jpg

i-KVR4X2k-L.jpg

i-4qswbLJ-L.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Former NSX owner Gene Lim in the Porsche

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/08eOe3I2nTg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- - - Updated - - -

i-tJpRhFS-XL.jpg

i-MwFg8rC-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Another lap chasing Gene......

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CEcLiPz5hj0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Awesome time once again.It was great to have some of the old track gang together again.I really enjoyed the camaraderie, and the enthusiasm for a great and thrilling hobby.Larry B and Bob wonderful job getting this event past the legal/underwriting issues.Our club is becoming a real part of this very important camp on the shores of lake Kueka. ........and who doesn't love a hot-dog or three.:wink:

All:

Aside from a couple Holidays, Kids' Day is the only thing on my schedule for 2014.

Imagine a Kid, in your passenger seat, all smiles and saying ".. I like this, go faster..".

Plus, driving HPDE with TrackMasters, hanging out with great folks from the club and hot laps to better learn the track in (2) NSX's and (2) 911's ?

And kids too?

It was great - join us there next year.

_DSC0014k.jpg_DSC0018k.jpg_DSC0020k.jpg_DSC0024k.jpg_DSC0022k.jpg_DSC0026k.jpg_DSC0030k.jpg_DSC0032k.jpg_DSC0042k_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
What, no mention of the NSX's that outnumbered all the other cars there!!!! What kind of PR firm are you running Bob?
Oh, that's right, you're a lawyer!!!!

I never saw the reporter and was too busy in the car to get the ear of the tv news crew.

But we know we were there and more importantly, the kids know we were there so that is all that matters.

next year we will work on getting a centerfold.......of Roger.........

Last edited:
Trifold for Roger fits perfectly because he gets the THIRD spot........makes sense to me!!!

I had no idea this was even an NSXCA event. Would have made this one in a heartbeat, hopefully the opportunity exists next year.

I can't drive 55 is a very fitting song for parade laps too :)

Last edited:
Trifold for Roger fits perfectly because he gets the THIRD spot........makes sense to me!!!

Your pushing it Canook, you can be denied entrance at the border, so watch it!!!!

I had no idea this was even an NSXCA event. Would have made this one in a heartbeat, hopefully the opportunity exists next year.

I can't drive 55 is a very fitting song for parade laps too :)

It's been an NSXCA event for 12 years now and as long as they keep having it, we will keep showing up - next year included!

It's been an NSXCA event for 12 years now and as long as they keep having it, we will keep showing up - next year included!

Most excellent! I will keep my eyes peeled for it next year.

Back