• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive highly praising the classic NSX

some pics of prime members' cars on there including the gpw targa -> nsx-r coupe conversion i believe.

The show mentioned that cars aren't made as low as the NSX anymore because of safety laws, how true was that statement?

Very :)

One of the NY guys claimed he saw a NSX-R in the states :rolleyes:

LOL yeah they were a little short on facts. They also claimed ALL "gen II" cars were targa... and they called them gen I gen II and gen III. Forgot that NA were 6 speeds and not 5. For weight they said 2600-2700. Their prices are also just plain off. There were a lot of mistakes but still.... a nice video.

- - - Updated - - -

"On the verge of becoming an appreciating classic"

The show mentioned that cars aren't made as low as the NSX anymore because of safety laws, how true was that statement?

I recall reading that cars paneling/beltlines/bumpers were getting taller for collision safety (either to protect occupants, or pedestrians; or both).

LOL yeah they were a little short on facts. They also claimed ALL "gen II" cars were targa... and they called them gen I gen II and gen III. Forgot that NA were 6 speeds and not 5. For weight they said 2600-2700. Their prices are also just plain off. There were a lot of mistakes but still.... a nice video.

- - - Updated - - -

"On the verge of becoming an appreciating classic"

i think gen2 meant 2002+ to them. they called 97-2001 gen1.5 didn't they? regardless, i'd say they were at a 70% knowledge level compared to prime members :D

Very :)

One of the NY guys claimed he saw a NSX-R in the states :rolleyes:

It is entirely possible, he said he saw it on a track day. Someone could have imported it in to use it only as a track day beast. Why not?

edit:
Nope I'm wrong, it was an ALMS race at Limerock. Bah.

Last edited:
I don't care as long as it makes our's appreciate in value. They did a segment on the E30 M3's and the value had actually gone up from it. If you pay attention to the comments on the NSX video, there are tons of people who are now curious about it and are looking them up on ebay and autotrader. Thats fine by me.

^A couple guys on an audi forum actually started asking about NSX's today - coincidence? Prolly not...

^A couple guys on an audi forum actually started asking about NSX's today - coincidence? Prolly not...

Tell them we too have bad electronics as the Bose amps fail. It will get them more excited and interested.

^lol. I had 2 great days owning my Audi - the day I bought it and the day I sold it.

After the video was posted a friend of mine contacted me and asked where the best place was to look for a used NSX. I pointed him to Prime's classifieds section. :)

Great video. I thought the co-hosts were very knowledgeable and informed relative to most people on TV who talk about NSXs. Maybe because they've owned one. Nice to hear them predicting the NSX may double in value over the next 10 years. Probably wishful thinking. They did highligh all the right things to communicate the cars good points to drive values up. I bet their slamming the F355 relative to the NSX will get the F-car forums buzzing I'll bet.

Great video. I thought the co-hosts were very knowledgeable and informed relative to most people on TV who talk about NSXs. Maybe because they've owned one. Nice to hear them predicting the NSX may double in value over the next 10 years. Probably wishful thinking. They did highligh all the right things to communicate the cars good points to drive values up. I bet their slamming the F355 relative to the NSX will get the F-car forums buzzing I'll bet.

hi - i am new to the forum...i just found it about 4 weeks ago and am still looking for my first nsx to buy. I also thought they mentioned something about the older NSXs getting more refined and "softer" as they developed from 1991 to 2005. The refined part i get...but softer? i have never driven one but for those of you who have...do you notice a big difference in ride quality etc from lets say 1991 to 1997 and then from 2002 to 2005?

hi - i am new to the forum...i just found it about 4 weeks ago and am still looking for my first nsx to buy. I also thought they mentioned something about the older NSXs getting more refined and "softer" as they developed from 1991 to 2005. The refined part i get...but softer? i have never driven one but for those of you who have...do you notice a big difference in ride quality etc from lets say 1991 to 1997 and then from 2002 to 2005?

Softer/refined, but faster due better gearing and a bit more power/TQ. :) ... the Targa "issue" that is not even real because the chassis flex is very minimum, can be easily fixed with front and rear braces.

by softer I think they mean the spring and shock valving were reduced for the T cars.

thank you...i do belong to a few other forums for my truck and acura tl...but this one is by far the best one i have come across...great sense of community and willingness to help each other out. Hopefully I will be joining the owners club soon....just need to find a blue one with the right balance of price and miles...

Back