• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXs at Watkins Glen

i-MwFg8rC-XL.jpg

i-tJpRhFS-XL.jpg

Chasing former NSX owner Gene Lim in his Porsche

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/08eOe3I2nTg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Excellent! Had a bunch of buddies there this weekend, very jealous of the awesome weather you had up there.

Nice! you can see the VW, ahem.. Porsche take it on the straight but once theres a series of corners your right back up on him. Very cool, I would LOVE to drive that track one day.

A lap later in the session

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CEcLiPz5hj0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guardrails everywhere! :eek:

lol first thing the wgi wrecker crew does when coming to the aid of a disabled car is the walk around..any blue paint and you will be getting a bill for guardrail repair:rolleyes:

Nice! you can see the VW, ahem.. Porsche take it on the straight but once theres a series of corners your right back up on him. Very cool, I would LOVE to drive that track one day.

Bob

Are you going to set him straight?....or should I; as to what really was going on and what the VWs did to the NSXs...:)

Tytus

..............well what............besides break down ,and almost kill the rest of us:eek:

HAHA, I carry a healthy rivalry out here with some choice P cars, Ive found that vanity is the chink in their armor. Its like a 1, 2 combo; get em angry and they'll snap oversteer in rage or drive so hard they dump the 25qt's or however much oil those aircooled jalopy's lug around. ::biggrin:

case and point, healthy trash talkin bforehand

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IzjaIrtWd6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
..............well what............besides break down ,and almost kill the rest of us:eek:

My bad, meant to state that the driver of the red P-car just got his car and was getting familiar and Bob was getting video for him of his line. They weren't chasing each other, as a matter of fact the P-car gave him point by's Bob didn't take. No victory or loss for the NSX or P-car.

There sure were a lot of breakdowns that event, P-cars, Vetts, BMWs but not a single NSX broke. I believe we had only one session that wasn't black flagged over 2 days. Sure was fun though, see you at the next event John.

Tytus

indeed tough to get a rhythm with so many BF's. Great to see you at the track.

Yes, when Porsches weren't crashing (3 different ones) or blowing up (2 more) and dropping fluids through the esses almost causing a truly serious accident involving DocJohn, Peter and a Vette, they were doing well.

And I did take the pass on Gene two laps later. :biggrin:

Final Score:

NSX - 4 cars complete two days (3 Open Trackers and 1 Student) without incident
Porsche - 5 cars killed

That is a big win for the NSX!

Last edited:
Ok, here's a Kids' Day lap from the student --

11th track day.

Thanks to RSO for helping with Harry's Lap timer - best 27 bucks I've spent lately.

lol when that becomes a viable purchase you know you have "arrived"

Back