• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX on flatbed on Baltimore, MD interstate. Anyone?

944581_10151568475603519_1492147748_n.jpg

Looks to be a 97-01 spa yellow. Wonder if the truck had trouble and had to get towed somewhere.

Anyone here?

That's my car! It's been missing for a week! DAS subbed out to a third party who has been giving me the runaround for a week. I posted here but moderators haven't approved yet. I'm apoplectic. Thank you so much. Can you tell me more about the location?

-Jason

I can't see the plate right now. Is it from Oregon? My car is a '97 spa yellow. Very special to me; it was in transit from my mom, who gave it to me with the original window sticker. It was her second NSX.

I'm a member on a local facebook car group in Knoxville, TN, and someone posted up saying they had spotted it while driving through Baltimore. I'm inquiring as to the exact location if he knows. From first glance, I can't say for sure but I do believe I see the tree in the center of the plate giving it away as an Oregon tag.

wow what a small world......

From the sign, I'm guessing that it's near the tunnels near the exit for Fort McHenry somewhere in this area:

1003348_10101589585749305_5895094_n.jpg

so we have to assume that the tow vehicle broke,and left the cars on the road:frown:

Yes, although the driver's story changed daily, it generally had something to do with break-down. I have located the trailer through street view; it is just to the north of the tunnel on I-95 south. I'm trying to get DAS to get someone out there before the whole affair is towed away (apparently the police let it sit for only 12 hours before towing). Either way, I'm just happy the car is still in this world! It was missing for a week. I love this forum, thank you so much. You should have seen my excitement last night when I saw this picture.

No problem. I'm all the way over in Japan, but stay up on the local forums and I'm glad I did. Anything NSX-wise piques my interest.

I keep telling people the NSX world is a gem of a car community and these types of things only further that notion.

wow so das subbed this out ....probably saving a few bucks by the looks of things.....I'd try to get them to give some back to you.:rolleyes:

They tell me that they get very busy this time of year so they have to sub things out. That was why I had essentially no tracking information the whole time. Their own trucks have transponders but generally the subs do not. So excited to join this community. I had already paid for the NSXPO track days when the car went missing.

My good friend via FB has posted this:

"I can only assume its some sort of Sting Operation because there is a Corvette and an NSX loaded on a trailer on I-95, ready for the taking and it's been there since Monday morning."

"Between the toll plaza and the tunnel on 95SB"

So apparently they've been sitting there for a few days! Hopefully someone gets to them... how ridiculous!

The trailer, with both cars, is now in impound, thankfully. DAS is working to get it out of impound, which will take a few days.

I like the sting-operation theory though. That's pretty funny.

Thanks for all the help. I will make a proper introduction when I actually get the car. Looking forward to it.

make sure the car has not been damaged in all this mayhem.BTW I like your attitude! Happy just to be closer to driving it.

Looks like you may have some front spoiler damage to report =/

Where's my car?

This is an episode for "Ask Prime" :smile:

Note to self: NEVER, ever, use DAS. :mad:

prime collective knows all...... we are the borg..... we Are NSXPRIME

man to think and NSX sitting on the side of the road and some guy with a hitch could have just drove up latched on and giiiizzzzoooonnnnnneeeeee.

parts would bring the potential theif 80K easy.

TyraNSX I think the OP's mother shipped it as a gift or something she may have not known the difference. but yeah they pick your Vette up with a huge truck, get to the depot and swap it into a smaller carrier and you would never know.

those pirates

Yes, after it went missing I quickly found the thread linked above. And considered my lesson learned. I could have been more involved in arranging things but it seemed convenient to let my mom take care of it. Our family has apparently had pretty good experiences with DAS in the past.

Now that the right person at DAS is involved (which took a week), he is responding extremely well and I couldn't ask for more. It's a slightly difficult situation because the trailer doesn't belong to DAS and so we need to jump through some hoops to take the NSX off the trailer and get it to me. Supposedly that will happen tomorrow and into Friday.

I feel sorry for the Vette owner and hope he finds his car. I will bet the driver hasn't told him where it is. Apparently it's not a DAS-shipped car.

Whoa...you have every right to be apoplectic. And you have every right to demand some or all of the money paid by your mother.

That's a shipping horror story. I've heard of trucks breaking down but the shipping company is usually there with another vehicle in a few hours and someone is usually there wherever the vehicle broke down. I ship a few cars out every month - I'll stay away from DAS in the future.

EDIT: kudos to the community for helping find out where this guy's car was. :thumb up:

Wow... Amazing howmuch the collective NSX community knows! Benefit owning a super rare supercar! There easy to spot. Wonder if there are similar Prime posts wherean NSX was stolen and found by a fellow Prime member... That would awesome. Obviously this wasn’t stolen but surprised howmany times it was spotted. Who needs alow jack system when you have Prime...:tongue:<o:p></o:p>

This is the best NSX spotting thread:biggrin:

prime collective knows all...... we are the borg..... we Are NSXPRIME

man to think and NSX sitting on the side of the road and some guy with a hitch could have just drove up latched on and giiiizzzzoooonnnnnneeeeee.

parts would bring the potential theif 80K easy.

See??? In a way, I'm happy to hear that our nsx is commonly mistaken for a vette b/c in this circumstance, passerbys are saying, "wow, 2 vettes stuck on the road" and won't think twice about taking it:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

nsx_arrival.JPG

The rescue mission was successful. Armed with keys and a notarized letter of authority, Scottie's Auto Transport (hired by DAS) managed to get my car out of the Baltimore impound and deliver it to me today. It took all day but here it is. Could use a washing and some TLC but I'm so happy to join the club. Northern Virginia has another member. NSX Prime saved the day.

-jason

Back