• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cody and Lovefab

After communicating with some other prime members regarding their experiences with Cody and Lovefab, I have decided to post mine.

On April 29 2013 I sent a paypal payment to one of Cody's customers for their used Bilstein shocks. Their car was at Cody's shop, and after inquiring as to a ship date, on May 4 Cody said he would have them shipped "in a week or so". I should note that prior to making payment for parts Cody responded almost instantaneously to emails.

On May 13 he was going to remove them "today or tomorrow".

On May Friday 17 Cody said "I will have the parts ready for shipping Tuesday" (May 21), and that he would send a tracking number at that time.

After 3 days passed and I had no confirmation of shipment, I emailed Cody on May 24 asking if the items had been shipped. I received no response until May 31 (10 days after they were supposed to ship, and 7 days after my email to him). He notified me that "We are packaging them today. We ran into snags on other customer cars", and "I will forward a tracking number when they leave the building".

On June 2 I decided to post a message on the public LoveFab Facebook page asking when my parts were going to ship out. Suddenly after pulling teeth for over a month my parts shipped the next day, June 3. I also curiously noticed that the Facebook page was filled with nearly daily updates and photos of the Pikes Peak racecar, and not many customer's cars.

I should also mention that I was charged $50 for shipping, a rather high price for four rather slim shocks.

I had originally planned on keeping the story of these aggravating events to myself, but after hearing the similar troubles that others were/are going through, I decided it best to also make my experience known to the community. I do not know the order of responsibility at the Lovefab shop, but I would recommend hiring some additional help to avoid any other customers from having to experience this same scenario.

Back