• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Garage Wall Art

So by the looks of it about half of us have a spare NSX hood laying around in the garage, along with a lot of other spares that some day may be needed to return your car back to stock. (right)

Well I sold my red hood to a needy Canadian back years ago, and recently had the option to buy a black hood from macgruber down in Texas. I was just going to hang it on the wall and call it a day, but as I have a row of switched outlets up high in the big garage specifically for neon/lighted signs, I thought why not make my own?

I found a spare string of LED rope light that was perfect for the job. I added a few pieces of almost permanent double stick tape, safety wire and handful of clips for the rope light screwed into plastic plugs in the existing holes of the hood - worked great! I added a pair of chains from hanging fluorescent fixtures to the outside hinge bolts and a pair of stout screws in the wall.

IMG_1898.jpg

Its not easy to see with my dark, unfinished walls, but it gives off a nice uniform glow around the edge and really looks great!

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

NOTE TO SELF: NEVER effing buy a black car! How do you guys keep them clean and unscratched? Just moving the thing around and setting it face down on soft towels while I did the light mounting scratched and fogged the clear...hours of time was spent re-polishing...jeebus!

Post your new found wall art here! How about an Xmas tree made from factory struts and sways?

Hmmm, I could make a pair of rolling chairs with my factory seats...have to make them powered...I like this idea.

Brilliant idea. I used to purchase original artworks at and have them hanging on my home walls. They are wonderful but the one you posted here just gave me new ideas. Especially for my office. Creating a little unique wall art like this will be my next project :biggrin:

So by the looks of it about half of us have a spare NSX hood laying around in the garage, along with a lot of other spares that some day may be needed to return your car back to stock. (right)

Well I sold my red hood to a needy Canadian back years ago, and recently had the option to buy a black hood from macgruber down in Texas. I was just going to hang it on the wall and call it a day, but as I have a row of switched outlets up high in the big garage specifically for neon/lighted signs, I thought why not make my own?

I found a spare string of LED rope light that was perfect for the job. I added a few pieces of almost permanent double stick tape, safety wire and handful of clips for the rope light screwed into plastic plugs in the existing holes of the hood - worked great! I added a pair of chains from hanging fluorescent fixtures to the outside hinge bolts and a pair of stout screws in the wall.

IMG_1898.jpg

Its not easy to see with my dark, unfinished walls, but it gives off a nice uniform glow around the edge and really looks great!

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

NOTE TO SELF: NEVER effing buy a black car! How do you guys keep them clean and unscratched? Just moving the thing around and setting it face down on soft towels while I did the light mounting scratched and fogged the clear...hours of time was spent re-polishing...jeebus
How do us black cars owners do it? We wash, and polish, and buff, and California dust it. It is never ending!!!!!
But so worth the 5 minutes of dustless sheen and shine.

Back