• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I lost 30 pounds last night

LMR

Legendary Member
I know, hard to believe 30 pounds in one night but I got this great diet from phryxis (Colin) for my car, not me:biggrin: I stopped by his place last night to pick up his Shorai Lightweight Battery and CNC Machined Battery Tray Package and he even installed for me. Now that's what I call great customer service. We need more vendors like him that are willing to come up with new products for our beloved NSX's. It has motivated me to lose even more weight by leaving out the spare tire and bracket that I have had in the NSX since I bought it 3 years ago. I have to think hard on that one since I have used it myself and lent it to someone during one of our drives here in SoCal.

Looking forward to new products from him in the future. Thanks again Colin!!!!!!!!

Here is the link for anyone looking to lose weight also.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ery-Tray-Package-7-pound-setup-Direct-bolt-on

It was great hanging out, Les, thanks for coming by!

I feel like with the battery and the spare removed, it'll be a noticeable difference.

Here are the two pics I took:
9465227035_92f2477425_b.jpg

9468006192_38412011e4_b.jpg

I know, hard to believe 30 pounds in one night but I got this great diet from phryxis (Colin) for my car, not me:biggrin: I stopped by his place last night to pick up his Shorai Lightweight Battery and CNC Machined Battery Tray Package and he even installed for me. Now that's what I call great customer service. We need more vendors like him that are willing to come up with new products for our beloved NSX's. It has motivated me to lose even more weight by leaving out the spare tire and bracket that I have had in the NSX since I bought it 3 years ago. I have to think hard on that one since I have used it myself and lent it to someone during one of our drives here in SoCal.

Looking forward to new products from him in the future. Thanks again Colin!!!!!!!!

Here is the link for anyone looking to lose weight also.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ery-Tray-Package-7-pound-setup-Direct-bolt-on
I would think about that, losing weight is great, having a spare when you are out on the road in the middle of no where, on a Sunday night; Pricless.
Ask me how I know and I will tell you about my Sunday night adventure.:wink:

awesome! this will make Les go from super slow to just slow now. woohoo!

Yeah but still faster that you, that is the car not me.:tongue:

I would think about that, losing weight is great, having a spare when you are out on the road in the middle of no where, on a Sunday night; Pricless.

Trust me I know:wink: that's why I'm thinking hard about it and not leaving it out permanently just yet. Just seeing how it feels for now.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Get a big brake kit... Then you have no choice but to ditch the spare because the spare won't fit over the caliper.

Ok, sorry, now back on topic....

That battery is awesome! I still can't believe how little it weighs. If I ever get my car back from the shop, I'll look into a diet plan as well.

I wonder how this battery compares to the Odyssey batteries as I had one and did not enjoy flagging a person down for a jump start.

I wonder how this battery compares to the Odyssey batteries as I had one and did not enjoy flagging a person down for a jump start.

Have you read all the info on it on the GB thread I had a link for on the first post?

Some of these spare tires are well over 20 years old now and would be considered unsafe to use regardless of how new they still look. Best bet if you like keeping your spare is to replace the tire, there is a thread somewhere on Prime about this. Other options are FixAFlat and AAA.

Back