• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Charlotte Hits 300,000 Miles On Her 21st Birthday

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
Charlotte's "Born On" date sticker in the door jamb reads 8/92. Happy 21st birthday girlie!

Motor Trend's words from 1990 certainly ring true today don't they?:

From Motor Trend's September 1990 first test of the NSX by Don Fuller:

"It's the best sports car the world has ever produced. Any time. Any place. Any price." Fuller went on to say that the NSX is "more of an achievement" than the 1955 Gullwing and the 1977 Porsche 928, and that the sporty Acura is "far better than any Ferrari or Lamborghini ever built; it makes the Corvette ZR1 look like something contrived under a shade tree." Just so we're all on the same page here, the Porsche 959 debuted in 1986, and the Ferrari F40 reared its red head in 1987. Concluded Fuller, "We've spent over 100 years developing the automobile. After driving the NSX, it's been worth the wait."

300k.jpg

Check out my HRE 545R wheels for sale.

Last edited:
Way to go Hugh!

Did you shed a tear or just punch the gas some more after you saw the 300000?

Shed a tear? LOL, hell no. The odometer on an NSX is the car's badge of honor and a source of great embarrassment to owners of other makes. I had an Iron Maiden concert playing on the navpod screen at an unGodly volume and just punched it after stopping for the photo. :)

Congrats Hugh!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this post. On to 400K:biggrin:

if you stop driving right now,at my current rate i'll pass you in the year 2103. like satchel paige said "don't look back,there might be someone gaining on you."

seriously,congrats,a hell of an achievement.

so much win

9233-1.gif

you def need to paint those gauge rings alum color makes the gauges pop out.

congrats on the Miles give us a back ground how often change oil, fluids, clutch original or replaced. how many timing belts have you gone thru etc.

so we can model our cars to live that long

Congrats on the milestone.

My car used to run that hot too... really bugged me so I installed a Koyo radiator and now it runs a tick lower. Not sure what the real-world difference it made was but I sure feel a lot better. Then again I understand you are twin turbo, which makes a bit of extra heat...

you def need to paint those gauge rings alum color makes the gauges pop out.

I'd rather have root canal without anesthesia than remove the instrument cluster. I'll take a pass on that mod. :)

congrats on the Miles give us a back ground how often change oil, fluids, clutch original or replaced. how many timing belts have you gone thru etc.

so we can model our cars to live that long

Amsoil 10W-30, Auto-Rx and filter change every 3,000 miles. Factory service intervals for everything else. Nothing special needs to be done. The car is what's special. To keep it that way, simply maintain it.

- - - Updated - - -

My car used to run that hot too...

Huh? That's exactly where my temp gauge has always been when the car is fully warmed up. I'm pretty sure 99% of the NSXs out there run normally with their needles one pubic hair below half way as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That's awesome! How many miles a year do you normally drive?

In the last 3 years not nearly as much as the first 7 years.

11/03 - Bought car with 70K on the clock
1/08 - 200K
10/09 - 250K
Car went to SoS for TT in mid 2010 with 265K
9/11 - 280K
5/12 - 290K
8/13 - 300K

I need to step up my game!

Wow. Simpy amazing. My car just went over 100k and your Triple that with twin turbo's. continue to enjoy. Not sure how long it will take for my car to ever hit that mark !

Incredible!!! Congrats on the achievement :smile:

Shed a tear? LOL, hell no. The odometer on an NSX is the car's badge of honor and a source of great embarrassment to owners of other makes. I had an Iron Maiden concert playing on the navpod screen at an unGodly volume and just punched it after stopping for the photo. :)

Yup thats what i would have done!!!! you should send the odometer to honda or post on the nsx page of facebook. QUITE an achievement.

Back