• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Requesting a favor from any Pitt NSX owner

So, I'm close to buying an NSX, pending the results of a PPI. However, I'm stuck in a rental apartment for the next 6-7 months, and I'm not 100% sure the car will be able to make it up my driveway as it has some odd inclines/sections to it.

Would any owner in the area be willing to stop by and attempt to pull your car up my driveway? I can reward you with gas money and a six pack, your choice :D We can abort at the first sign of trouble. I'm pretty centrally located, in squirrel hill between beechwood & shady.

Here are a few pictures of the driveway in question:

IMAG1405.jpg

IMAG1408.jpg

IMAG1411.jpg

Thanks!
-Vivan

Last edited:
Will you car be stock height? Is the last picture, a picture of the driveway or is that the path to the parking lot? I think you should starting investing in some wooden planks.

Last edited:
Car currently has aftermarket coilovers (endless function Xs) and is slightly lowered but I will get it re adjusted to stock height if I buy.

The last pic is taken from the bottom of the slope, from the spot seen in the second picture

So if you buy and it won't clear the driveway, you'll Wait for another? or pay to park or store it for 6-7 months? I was just up your way Sunday in my NSX, had I known I would have tried this for you. Mine was on Eibach Pro Kit springs, and clearance was tough everywhere, back to stock height now though

Ideal i would like to try this out with someone in the next couple weeks so I know for sure... If not though, I might still buy it and drive it up on boards/ramps & basically park it in the garage until we move next spring :(.

Last edited:
i would worry more about the second dip than the first. My driveway is similar to that and as long as I come in at an angle, I have no issues (stock height/tires), however it doesn't continue that steep afterwards and that is where you may have some trouble. Getting out of the driveway, same story angle it when you can.

On the bright side, winter is coming soon ;)

I live 8 minutes away from you in south side but my car is 30 minutes away in cranberry until my house w/garage in south side is ready around thanksgiving.. :) I have yet to drive it into the city actually. And I am "lucky" enough to have been invited to a wedding tomorrow and post-wedding picnic on Sunday so all my free time this 3 day weekend is pretty much crushed. Otherwise I could have made an excuse to bring it into the city and stop by. Maybe I can after this weekend, I'll keep in touch. Good luck with the PPI, I've never seen a MCB in person and would love to!

Also decent-sounding garage rentals in the city pop up weekly on Craigslist, and some of the bigger rental prop mgmnt firms always have garage availability come and go. Might be worth dropping a few calls and getting on a wait list.

Yinzer, LJZ from Detroit burbs here -- had to change my prime handle -- long story. My buddy George with whom I worked here in MI until recently is originally from Pgh and called me last weekend while in Pgh. He reported that he saw a white NSX on US 19/Washington Road heading north on Labor Day -- ultimately turned on Devonwood just north of St. Clair High School. Was that you? Belated congrats on finally finding your car!

Best,
Jeff

No but I think I know who it was. Hang tight...

Where in Detroit? I lived in Westland, Drbn Heights, South Lyon, Livonia, and Plymouth over the years. Loved it too. ,

No but I think I know who it was. Hang tight...

Where in Detroit? I lived in Westland, Drbn Heights, South Lyon, Livonia, and Plymouth over the years. Loved it too. ,

Farmington Hills. I hang with Neal (alum04) and sca037 (Brian) as well as a few others. I have a red /94 with approx 42,000 miles. I'm also an avid cyclist and have some friends in Pgh that I ride with -- some great hills there to train on! Enjoy the weekend.

Best,
Jeff

yeah a lowered NSX is not getting up that driveway im 2 inches off the ground with ebachs and my car would not go up that driveway

def get some wood planks for ramps goodluck

- - - Updated - - -

maybe take the same pics but with like a soda can in the pic for reference on height hard to say... maybe at an angle then you could bottom the center of the car out if you even got it half way up the first lip

Lower-your-car-they-said-550x577.jpg

Back